Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble with logging into the iPhone App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Yes, I know this is premature, but I was showing someone the iPhone app as I am waiting for my S... Figured I could be all ready, maybe the app would let me know when the car was making it across the country to me. :smile:

Last week the app worked, but now it says that my e-mail or password are incorrect. I have the same login info I am using to successfully gain access to the My Tesla area.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi,
Yes, I know this is premature, but I was showing someone the iPhone app as I am waiting for my S... Figured I could be all ready, maybe the app would let me know when the car was making it across the country to me. :smile:

Last week the app worked, but now it says that my e-mail or password are incorrect. I have the same login info I am using to successfully gain access to the My Tesla area.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks,
Scott

If your car is being built, i.e. you haven't received it yet... this is the new "normal."
What we're finding is that this seems to be systematic for those of us in wait. I believe they're doing this to keep us out of the app while the car is being built and in route. Don't want people honking the horn, locking/unlocking, etc. until right before delivery. This password reject appears to have been enacted in the last 10 days or so. There are half a dozen here on TMC noting the same thing.

Note - Doug, you have the option in the car to allow app access... if you disallow the app from the car... how then does the app behave? Perhaps it says the password is bad? Could be this is how the app behaves if the car has the app disabled.

Just catching up on this. Has been discussed over the the TM forum for a few days. Thought mine was OK - been using it for four months - but today I couldn't get the iPhone app to talk to the car, and when I signed out I wasn't able to log in. Have contacted ownership.

If your car is being built, i.e. you haven't received it yet... this is the new "normal."
What we're finding is that this seems to be systematic for those of us in wait. I believe they're doing this to keep us out of the app while the car is being built and in route. Don't want people honking the horn, locking/unlocking, etc. until right before delivery. This password reject appears to have been enacted in the last 10 days or so. There are half a dozen here on TMC noting the same thing.

I don't think this is the case. My delivery is scheduled in about a week, and I do not get this error in the app. For me, the app logs in, but brings up a pop-up message stating that remote access is disabled and how to turn it on...

I had trouble with the app finding my car. The first sign of difficulty was when it asked for my password to login from my iphone 5. Then it couldn't find my car - which was being driven by my son-in-law and daughter. This was around 3 or 4 PM PDT. Later, around 6PM all was OK. I am guessing it was a problem with the Tesla server.

I don't think this is the case. My delivery is scheduled in about a week, and I do not get this error in the app. For me, the app logs in, but brings up a pop-up message stating that remote access is disabled and how to turn it on...

Well for a bunch of us, we all got the same message around the same time, "Email/password doesn't match", or something like that. Last night I even deleted and reinstalled the app, and restarted the iPad to test, but to no avail.

Today I got my VIN, so I tried again, and now it's back to what it was a couple weeks ago, "No vehicle assigned to this My Tesla account. Your vehicle may not be ready." IIRC.

Feels like a step in the right direction at least. Getting closer.

Well for a bunch of us, we all got the same message around the same time, "Email/password doesn't match", or something like that. Last night I even deleted and reinstalled the app, and restarted the iPad to test, but to no avail.

Today I got my VIN, so I tried again, and now it's back to what it was a couple weeks ago, "No vehicle assigned to this My Tesla account. Your vehicle may not be ready." IIRC.

Feels like a step in the right direction at least. Getting closer.

This morning I had "contacting car" and then connecting. I could press all the icons on the bottom of the screen but it never connected. Now it's gone back to the usual "remote access is off". My car should be in transit sometime this week to Hawaii. Was hoping when it couldn't contact the car because it was out of range cuz it was on the boat...back to waiting....

I cannot log into the Tesla iPhone app for some reason. When I log-in, the circle with the MS in the middle keeps spinning and nothing happens.

It does not give me an error, it doesn't tell me "e-mail/password incorrect", or anything. It just keep spinning.

I tried it on my girlfriends phone (a Samsung using Android OS) and it worked perfect, no issues, so its not the app and its not my account. But no joy on my iPhone 5 running the new iOS 7.

Any new owners running iOS 7 on their iPhones having problems opening the app? I have an appointment with the Apple store to see if it might be the phone.

I cannot log into the Tesla iPhone app for some reason. When I log-in, the circle with the MS in the middle keeps spinning and nothing happens.

It does not give me an error, it doesn't tell me "e-mail/password incorrect", or anything. It just keep spinning.

I tried it on my girlfriends phone (a Samsung using Android OS) and it worked perfect, no issues, so its not the app and its not my account. But no joy on my iPhone 5 running the new iOS 7.

Any new owners running iOS 7 on their iPhones having problems opening the app? I have an appointment with the Apple store to see if it might be the phone.

Make sure your Bluetooth setting is on in your phone. When I upgraded to iOS 7 last night, I couldn't log into Bluetooth today. Once I figured out that my default iOS 7 setting had Bluetooth off, I switched it back on and bingo, the car recognized my phone again.

SFO Turtle
that is something different you describe. That is not that the phone is recognized when sitting in the car and do phone calls. The problem renegade has that he cannot access the car with his app and see where it is or how the battery level is and can turn climate on.
I have the same problems that renegade has. That has something to do I guess that the app does not work with iOS7.

SFO Turtle
that is something different you describe. That is not that the phone is recognized when sitting in the car and do phone calls. The problem renegade has that he cannot access the car with his app and see where it is or how the battery level is and can turn climate on.
I have the same problems that renegade has. That has something to do I guess that the app does not work with iOS7.

I was able to figure it out and get it working, going to the Apple store helped.

I was told to restore my iPhone to factory conditions without putting a backup on there (make sure you back everything up before you do this). So I restored my phone to factory conditions, did not selected the option to install a previous backup after it was done, downloaded the Tesla app, and with a clean iPhone I was able to login with no problems.

When I attempted to restore an earlier backup on my phone the app stopped working. I'm guessing something in my backup is blocking the app for some reason. So I just started with a clean iPhone and put my apps back on there, which were already saved in iTunes. I can't get my old text message back, but oh well. I saved my contacts to Google contacts to make sure I didn't loose those. But iCloud saves them pretty good also.

So that's what I did that yesterday and all was good.... until a couple hrs ago. When I open the app this afternoon (after using it all morning) it never connects to the car, the circle keeps spinning. So I logout and try to sign back in and it says "Email/password incorrect". No sure how I'm going to fix this one. But I guess its down for everybody right now: Phone App: iPhone/Android app - Page 43

Last edited:
Seems many are having problems right now, so it could be something with Tesla's servers? Our ATL Facebook group is reporting problems connecting from iPhone 5 & 5s, with both iOS 7.0 & 7.02, as well as Android Galaxy phone. Waiting to see if others that haven't upgraded to iOS 7 yet are having problems or not, but I upgraded my iPhone 5 to 7.0 last week when released, and successfully connected the app to my car numerous times over the past week since upgrading to 7.0. Just stopped working this afternoon.

Other devices/OS levels?

I was experiencing the same problem, but I haven't upgraded my iPhone to iOS 7 yet. I tried the VisibleTesla app from my PC and it was able to connect to the car. I then went back to the iPhone app, logged out from the "Account" link and then logged back in. Now it seems to work fine.