Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump picks climate denier to head EPA transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fact of the matter is this: Trump won, fair and square by the rules laid out in the Constitution. Now, we have a bunch of people that don't like that outcome and are hoping that by screaming and complaining they might somehow change that. It's like when my 3 year old doesn't get her way and throws a temper tantrum.

Get over it, get on, and engage with the rest of the people in a serious dialog on the issues. Trump has already shown he is willing to take more of a middle-of-the-road approach than campaign rhetoric indicated. If you don't move past the tantrum phase, you are a part of the problem, not the solution.
Trump won fair and square, there's no way around that. At the same time, there was plenty of screaming and complaining done by the Trump campaign, and a fair bit was done by Trump himself. Others can scream and complain after the election in the same manner. Both sides are exercising their constitutionally protected right to protest and make their views known.

With that said, just because Trump wants to change how he claims to be playing the game (he can of course say one thing and still do another) after he wins doesn't mean everyone else is going along with it. If it's OK for conservatives to complain, it's OK for everyone else complain as well. If it's OK for the Republican part of the House and Senate to engage in obstructionist politics, it's OK for the Democratic part of the House and Senate to do the same.

please show one instance of a racist trump statement from him, not what some report was, show me documented proof that trump made a racist statement.
He was quoting me and it was "signs of hate, racisim, instability, anger and gross incompetence" not just racism. These words came out of his own mouth not some report or, from your viewpoint, slanted liberal media. No citations needed just hit rewind on your DVR and stop at any point from June 2015 to November 2016.

So, I can see how this is potentially viewed as racist (please keep reading, don't stop at that remark).

But, let me ask you this, he's asking can a judge who is of Latin American heritage and presumably is proud of that heritage be un-biased against an individual who has said he wants to enforce existing immigration laws (something which Obama refused to do by all unbiased accounts)? There are potential racial undertones in the interview, but it's like me asking you, who by all accounts are an environmentalist, could you be unbiased if you were presiding over a trial for say . . . ExxonMobil?

There is possibly an inherit bias in a Federal judge. It is a legitimate question, and it is everyone's RIGHT to question authority in this country.

And before you or anyone else throw the "R" word around to me, that won't stick. I'm happily in a mixed marriage and have been for over 10 years, and had an African American roommate in college.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
sorry bub, there's not one iota of a racist statement there. I guess if you're trying the proven methods of goebbels, repeat the lie often until it becomes the truth.

Yeah... I guess you're right... I have to keep reminding myself that definitions change. Since November 8th it's no longer considered 'racist' to say someone can't be a judge because their parents were born in Mexico....

I'll be sure to forward a copy of the Trump Dictionary to Paul Ryan. We can't have the Speaker of the house claiming the President is making 'racist' remarks...

Last edited:
Actually, it is a legitimate request. If you are going to call someone names, you better be able to back it up with cold hard facts.
I just listed about 20 and then deleted the post. Trump said plenty of hateful, racist and inflammatory things. I'm not rehashing its public record and it's simply ridiculous to say he didn't say what we all heard him say. How do you characterize his words?

I just listed about 20 and then deleted the post. Trump said plenty of hateful, racist and inflammatory things. I'm not rehashing its public record and it's simply ridiculous to say he didn't say what we all heard him say. How do you characterize his words?

I haven't actually seen any of what you were referring to. If you deleted them, well . . . that's on you. Sorry, I'm just not taking your word on it.

So, I can see how this is potentially viewed as racist (please keep reading, don't stop at that remark).

But, let me ask you this, he's asking can a judge who is of Latin American heritage and presumably is proud of that heritage be un-biased against an individual who has said he wants to enforce existing immigration laws (something which Obama refused to do by all unbiased accounts)? There are potential racial undertones in the interview, but it's like me asking you, who by all accounts are an environmentalist, could you be unbiased if you were presiding over a trial for say . . . ExxonMobil?

There is possibly an inherit bias in a Federal judge. It is a legitimate question, and it is everyone's RIGHT to question authority in this country.

And before you or anyone else throw the "R" word around to me, that won't stick. I'm happily in a mixed marriage and have been for over 10 years, and had an African American roommate in college.
You don't get to "presume" that the judge is, or isn't, proud of his heritage, and anyway that's irrelevant to whether or not he is capable of being unbiased. "Presumably" you are proud of your own heritage, and yet claim not to be racist on the basis of your mixed marriage and non-white roommate. Give the judge (whose JOB is to be unbiased) the benefit of that same doubt.