Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trump picks climate denier to head EPA transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love how the liberals try to say that the fact that she hasn't been prosecuted or convicted of any crimes means that she didn't commit any crimes,
This could be said about Trump too.... The point here is about his climate change policy...
>>>IT IS SCARY<<<
but he is already backing down on some of his other "promises" like most politicians he said he would repeal Obamacare and now he is saying that he may keep parts of it. So, just like most politicians they say what EVER they can to get elected and can't follow through.
What Trump did do is show us just how deeply we are still wounded as a country. He showed us how much hate we still have for our fellow man... this is on both sides, left and right. We need to heal and realize that only by working together can we actually make a change. But it is easier to point the finger and blame someone else for what and we don't have than to actually do something about it.

This could be said about Trump too.... The point here is about his climate change policy...
>>>IT IS SCARY<<<
but he is already backing down on some of his other "promises" like most politicians he said he would repeal Obamacare and now he is saying that he may keep parts of it. So, just like most politicians they say what EVER they can to get elected and can't follow through.
What Trump did do is show us just how deeply we are still wounded as a country. He showed us how much hate we still have for our fellow man... this is on both sides, left and right. We need to heal and realize that only by working together can we actually make a change. But it is easier to point the finger and blame someone else for what and we don't have than to actually do something about it.
I hate it when people are so darned reasonable!!! It is my constitutional right, no - obligation, to be a petulant ass... win or lose! <for those with no subtlety detector, yes I'm joking.>

• Funny
Reactions: deonb
Well, this didnt take long. The cockroaches are already creeping out of the woodwork. In California no less! You would think that the transition team would have gotten the word out to hold off on starting the real "party" until after the inauguration at least. Another example of poor planning by the Trumpster.

On the other hand, perhaps this is simply an exercise in their right to free speech, just like us looney tunes in L.A. the other day. One minor difference being that the last time these kinds of flags were seen flying in significant numbers, 620,000 people were killed. Thats 2% of the population. A little history goes a long way, unless you happen to believe thats it just a fabrication of the left wing media, kind of like climate change...

Civil War Casualties

Reactions: apacheguy
Well, this didnt take long. The cockroaches are already creeping out of the woodwork. In California no less! You would think that the transition team would have gotten the word out to hold off on starting the real "party" until after the inauguration at least. Another example of poor planning by the Trumpster.

On the other hand, perhaps this is simply an exercise in their right to free speech, just like us looney tunes in L.A. the other day. One minor difference being that the last time these kinds of flags were seen flying in significant numbers, 620,000 people were killed. Thats 2% of the population. A little history goes a long way, unless you happen to believe thats it just a fabrication of the left wing media, kind of like climate change...

Civil War Casualties

At least they were peaceful, unlike these anti-Trump individuals:
Shock Video: Black Mob Viciously Beats White Trump Voter

• Disagree
Reactions: msnow
At least they were peaceful, unlike these anti-Trump individuals:
Shock Video: Black Mob Viciously Beats White Trump Voter
Yeah if you want to pick out these three people out of the tens of thousands peacefully protesting around the country every single day that's fine but I'd hardly call children with Trump signs circling and terrorizing their classmates of color chanting "white power" and "build that wall" as "peaceful", it's certainly NOT that. That sort of activity is happening around the country because these kids feel empowered due to Trumps own words during the campaign. He has a responsibility to speak out and tamp this down.

I'd hardly call children with Trump signs circling and terrorizing their classmates of color chanting "white power" and "build that wall" as "peaceful", it's certainly NOT that.
Now how will our "moderate" trump supporters respond ?

And in other news, I read yesterday that the KKK is organizing a parade in honor trump. What say ye, "moderate" trump supporters ?

Last edited:
Yeah if you want to pick out these three people out of the tens of thousands peacefully protesting around the country every single day that's fine but I'd hardly call children with Trump signs circling and terrorizing their classmates of color chanting "white power" and "build that wall" as "peaceful", it's certainly NOT that. That sort of activity is happening around the country because these kids feel empowered due to Trumps own words during the campaign. He has a responsibility to speak out and tamp this down.

Well someone certainly drank his liberal Kool Aid this AM.

Not all the anti-Trump protests have been peaceful, not by a long shot. I don't have the time to list out all of them that have caused damage, etc. etc. A simple google search will accomplish that.

Fact of the matter is this: Trump won, fair and square by the rules laid out in the Constitution. Now, we have a bunch of people that don't like that outcome and are hoping that by screaming and complaining they might somehow change that. It's like when my 3 year old doesn't get her way and throws a temper tantrum.

Get over it, get on, and engage with the rest of the people in a serious dialog on the issues. Trump has already shown he is willing to take more of a middle-of-the-road approach than campaign rhetoric indicated. If you don't move past the tantrum phase, you are a part of the problem, not the solution.

> it's only happened 4 times before, in Panama, Argentina (twice), and Bangladesh. [_._._]

A list of female heads of state and chiefs of government of Independent States:

Indira Ghandi, Benazir Bhutto, Golda Meir, Elisabeth Domitien, Margaret Thatcher, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, G.H. Brundtland, Agatha Barbara, Cory Aquino, Violeta Barrios de Chamorro, Mary Robinson, Begum Khaleda Zia, Edith Cresson, Marita Petersen, Sylvie Kinigi, Agathe Uwilingiymana, Hasina Wajed, Biljana Plavsic, Janet Jagan, Mary McAleese, Jenny Shipley, Pamela Felicity Gordon, Jennifer Meridith Smith, Ruth Dreifuss, Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga, Mireya Moscoso Rodrígez, Helen Clark, Tarja Halonen, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Megawati Sukarnoputri, Luísa Días Diogo, Yuliya Tymoshenko, Louise Lake-Tack, Angela Merkel, Han Myung-sook, Micheline Calmy-Rey, Borjana Kristo, Pratibha Patil, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Zinaida Grecianîi, Michèle Pierre-Louis, Antonella Mularoni, Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, Jadranka Kosor, Dalia Grybauskaitė, Roza Otunbayeva, Laura Chinchilla Miranda, Kamla Persad-Bissessar, Mari Kiviniemi, Julia Gillard, Iveta Radičová, Paula A. Cox, Dilma Rousseff, Rosario del Pilar Fernández Figueroa, Cissé Mariam Kaïdama Sidibé, Atifete Jahjaga, Yingluck Shinawatra, Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Ivy Leona Dumont, Joyce Banda, Alenka Bratušek, Aleqa Hammond, Aminata Touré, Erna Solberg, Laimdota Straujuma, Catherine Samba-Panza, Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca, Marguerite Pindling, Ewa Kopacz, Florence Duperval Guillaume, Simonetta Sommaruga, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila, Ameenah Gurib-Fakim, Bidhya Devi Bhandari, Beata Szydło, Hilda Heine, Aung San Suu Ky, Tsai Ing-wen, Theresa May (only 5 months but hey, its the UK).

For at least ~10 months they were Top Dog of real countries. Much respect goes to all of them (no grabsies Donald!!).
--

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AndreN
Now how will our neo-fascist, "moderate" trump supporters respond ?

See, labeling me just makes me want to ignore everything that you say. Even if I was in agreement with potential stances before (i.e. environment). See how that works?

I have ZERO desire to engage you in any kind of conversation because you have made it perfectly clear you have no desire to act like an adult and engage in a civil discourse with anyone. Again, you act more like my 3 year old than an intelligent adult.

Reactions: jspayneii
Well someone certainly drank his liberal Kool Aid this AM.

Not all the anti-Trump protests have been peaceful, not by a long shot. I don't have the time to list out all of them that have caused damage, etc. etc. A simple google search will accomplish that.

Fact of the matter is this: Trump won, fair and square by the rules laid out in the Constitution. Now, we have a bunch of people that don't like that outcome and are hoping that by screaming and complaining they might somehow change that. It's like when my 3 year old doesn't get her way and throws a temper tantrum.

Get over it, get on, and engage with the rest of the people in a serious dialog on the issues. Trump has already shown he is willing to take more of a middle-of-the-road approach than campaign rhetoric indicated. If you don't move past the tantrum phase, you are a part of the problem, not the solution.
I actually agree with parts of that but my/our anger comes from the words that came out of his mouth. I don't need to recap them here because you know what I mean but if he starts showing signs of hate, racisim, instability, anger and gross incompetence the people will react negatively. If "President Trump" is a different person than what he's shown to be in the past we might be ok. Time will tell but he does need to tamp down the hatred from these fringe groups quickly. Can we at least agree on that?

Reactions: ModelX and bkp_duke
I actually agree with parts of that but my/our anger comes from the words that came out of his mouth. I don't need to recap them here because you know what I mean but if he starts showing signs of hate, racisim, instability, anger and gross incompetence the people will react negatively. If "President Trump" is a different person than what he's shown to be in the past we might be ok. Time will tell but he does need to tamp down the hatred from these fringe groups quickly. Can we at least agree on that?

Absolutely, and if we can agree to discourse in this manner instead of name-calling, I think you and I will find more in common than either of us originally thought possible.

EDIT - I'm actually going to go back and watch the YouTube feeds of the things he actually said (vs. supposedly said). I simply have no trust in the mainstream media (either "side") as there is so much editorializing it and telling us what to think instead of presenting the facts, that it is ridiculous.

Start !?

Forgive me, but where have you been the past 12 months ?

Since you didn't read or recall previous posts, I will quote myself from earlier:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1824122/

"The problem is this:
People like yourself assume that just because someone votes republican, they agree with EVERYTHING on their agenda. Nothing could be further from the truth. But for some of us, we may vote for a Republican because we have a strong belief on one particular stance they have taken on an issue, and that may in fact out-weigh everything else.

I'll throw this out there, I voted for Trump for the SOLE REASON to keep Clinton out of office. I am appalled that people would overlook that in the history of our country many individuals have been convicted of treason, hanged or shot, for far less than she did. It's an incredible example of the Oligarchy that exists with the "political elite" in this country being held to a completely different standard. Of the two choices, Trump was the only one I thought (rightly or wrongly - ONLY time will tell) that had any chance of breaking up that corrupt political machinery."

Reactions: jspayneii
I don't even call myself a liberal but the tag might be appropriate due to my hatred of fascism.
And I have no idea what an 'elite' is although my modest understanding of the sciences may qualify.

The popular slang of "elite" is short for elitist. A group that believe due to their social rank, color, religion, school transcript, occupation, or political party that they are morally right in removing the freedoms from less "elite". Elite should have one set of laws for themselves, then another set of laws for peons, who cannot govern themselves and should be worth only 3/5th a human. Thisi And fascism has always been a populist movement lead by those who want the government to run their lives. DNC would be fascist if the they could pack the Supreme Court. The rest of us would rather reduce the power of the President and Washington DC.

Peacefully showing support for bigotry and intolerance...certainly an action worthy of note.

That's probably better than shooting cops, looting, burning building, and assaulting innocent bystanders to show support for a color-blind country that allows all religious groups and sexual preferences to prosper as long it excludes the unacceptable Christian White Heteros from having free speech or a vote.

That's probably better than shooting cops, looting, burning building, and assaulting innocent bystanders to show support for a color-blind country that allows all religious groups and sexual preferences to prosper as long it excludes the unacceptable Christian White Heteros from having free speech or a vote.

Drawing moral distinctions solely to deflect from acknowledging there is a problem is what I take exception to.