Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Top panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked because here's mine, mfg'd 4/19. Funny, Tesla can't put carpet mats in the car, but can put them in the top of the trunk :D

Trunk (2).jpg

Watching this thread to actually see if this trunk pad reduces road noise.

4/18 build with the hole and there does seem to be a good amount of road noise coming from the trunk.
I pulled the trigger on it for $50 since I already wanted something to cover up some of the screws and sharp metal on the underside of my 6/18 trunk when car camping. Added benefit of making it look a lot more finished but cant say i notice any noticeable noise improvement. Maybe the effect is larger sitting in the rear but I've never done that.

I hear things rattling around from the trunk frequently and normally I don't have more than a lunch bag and a laptop bag back there. I have even heard the zippers on my bag rattling from back there.

Would one of these products help?

It seems that Tesla went through an awful lot of trouble to omit this opening they used to have.... definitely curious what the logic was in changing that.

Reactions: beachmiles