Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla customers might be Apple customers, but the reverse is not remotely universally true. God knows I know tons of people with iPads, iPhones and such that don't give a crap about cars or are not remotely in Tesla's current market.

I am a Tesla customer, but I have declared my house an "Apple Free Zone". I went so far as to set up my WiFi router to not allow connections from Apple branded devices. If Apple were to buy Tesla, I might have to start looking at other cars (Let's just hope this does not happen, because I REALLY want a Model S)

I am a Tesla customer, but I have declared my house an "Apple Free Zone". I went so far as to set up my WiFi router to not allow connections from Apple branded devices. If Apple were to buy Tesla, I might have to start looking at other cars (Let's just hope this does not happen, because I REALLY want a Model S)

I'm with you except that in his argument for this merger he specifically says that Elon should run the new Apple after the merger is complete, and with Elon at the helm, my opinion of Apple may be more favorable.

Wow you're like the opposite of a fanboy. Apple has been nothing but great for me. I hope Tesla continues to be good to me both in stock price and when I can finally afford one of its cars (at least 6 years out I imagine).

And when you are in love with your captor, they call that Stockholm Syndrome...

Back on topic: we are really teetering on the edge here. The fundamentals and technicals look good, just global headwinds holding us back. We should be hearing about that supercharger network soon. I hope that is a positive, I am a bit worried that the headlines are going to focus on how much money Tesla is going to need to spend to deploy it.

Of course they will. Just like they tend to focus on how you can't "fill up" in 3 minutes and with the range, you can't go on huge road trips, never mind that those trips are the minority of your driving.

Wish they would understand that you fill up with gas, what, once a week (on average - obviously, there are exceptions). Tesla's way, you just "fill up" at hom overnight. You're asleep... who cares if it takes 3-6 hours or something.

The supercharger network will be Tesla's next challenge to help people realize they all won't pop up at once, but it will help everyone's already 'mostly' uninformed impression once they start getting broad in deployment.

Wow, I go out for the few hours the market is open, and look what happens. Well, I did say "if."

Batteries: I have a high degree of confidence in them. But we need to realize that there is insufficient real-world experience to make absolute statements, and the car-buying public will need time, and will need to see how the batteries do over a period of years. The Toyota Prius, which had six or seven years on the road before the 2004 model went on the market, still took several years more to become mainstream, and that was with a long-established battery chemistry. The stock market will watch sales, and sales will rise gradually as the public gains confidence.

Wow, that is a level of hate I don't often see outside of discussions on politics or religion. I hate Microsoft, and I won't allow MS software on my computer or buy a device that runs MS software. But setting up a router to reject Apple-branded devices sounds extreme to me. Are you concerned that an Apple device will cause harm to your network, or do you just hate Apple so much that you reject people who own their devices?

I like Apple, mainly because OS X is Unix. And my first iPod was so much better than my first MP3 player. I had trouble with my Airport router, but I've been happy with my iMac, Airport Express (for travel), and iPod, and 3 out of 4 seems pretty good to me. And of course I love my Roadster.

I like Apple, mainly because OS X is Unix. And my first iPod was so much better than my first MP3 player. I had trouble with my Airport router, but I've been happy with my iMac, Airport Express (for travel), and iPod, and 3 out of 4 seems pretty good to me. And of course I love my Roadster.

+1 OS X is Unix works for me. I'm not really too thrilled with the direction they're taking the O/S but there isn't really any other viable choice (Snow Leopard was about perfect). Linux is too fiddly and doesn't have any commercial software and Solaris doesn't do desktops. For years, I used IRIX but a few bad moves by the executives at SGI killed that.

I mostly share your feelings about Apple, but if they did grab Tesla it wouldn't turn me away from Tesla. Unless they screwed it all up somehow.

:biggrin: Yes!

but it makes me understand how there can be some people who are Tesla Haters!
If it wasn't electric and just had a big screen I might hate it too

+1 OS X is Unix works for me. I'm not really too thrilled with the direction they're taking the O/S but there isn't really any other viable choice (Snow Leopard was about perfect). Linux is too fiddly and doesn't have any commercial software and Solaris doesn't do desktops. For years, I used IRIX but a few bad moves by the executives at SGI killed that.
I think Snow Leopard is the one I have. (10.6.8) I saw no reason to get Lion. I like all cats, big and small, but I like tigers best, leopards next, and lions come after all the various striped and spotted cats. :biggrin:

I tried Linux before I got my Mac. I really like the idea of Linux, but I'm not techy enough to get it set up properly, and I couldn't get the codexes for steaming media or a program that would interface properly with my iPod. Several programs promised to do so, but none worked right. I even tried unsuccessfully to find someone who would install and set up Linux for me for a fee. Then I heard (five years ago, IIRC) that OS X is Unix, and that was good enough for me. Back in the day I had Unix on my PC-AT clone. (Microport's genuine AT&T Unix ported to the 80286.) I loved it.

I was annoyed that Apple would not support Linux with a Linux version of iTunes, but it seemed that nobody was supporting Linux except the GNU community, who do a fabulous job, but without resources couldn't provide what Apple can. (I still use NeoOffice.) I can understand people who refuse to patronize one company or another, but I am confused by Rifleman's going so far as to block Apple users from his network.

The market will open soon. I wonder what the roller coaster will do today.

Status
Not open for further replies.