Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to me.

Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 3.48.06 PM.png

Despite the flogging we took today, the trend is still intact.

I refuse to believe this type of move is a precursor to a huge move up. This move down is very frustrating. I look like a complete idiot after telling someone off for telling me to not buy this stock. I will not sell. Nonetheless, this freak drop is fracking wrong. I need some scotch. Frack this.

Ok. You will not sell. What's with the anger then? If you're planning on keeping it until it hits 100 as you said, you have plenty of time to wait and watch it grow. This anger thing about the stock is getting really old by the way.

Not funny. I was in a good mood yesterday for other reasons and took a few friends out for food with money from the run up. This move makes me look like a fool. Totally fracking wrong.

@ Bonnie Think again :p (I'd sooner die then drink cheap scotch)

You do realize that in order to do that actually have to sell when the price is up? (you keep writing "I won't sell").

For those of you who are more short-term oriented. I suspect we'll make another run at $36...maybe even tomorrow, but if not, the odds are pretty good that it'll happen by the end of the week. Assuming no really bad news breaks, of course.

That's the good news, the bad news is that it also looks like it won't work, and we'll retreat to the 200-day once again. Whoever it was that was wondering when to add more shares, now seems like a good time, or wait until we touch the 200 again (maybe around $32.25, we'll see).

I sure don't understand technical trading. Can you provide how you divined these predictions? I feel like I'm at a magic show and everyone knows how it's done except me.

I really should have taken the profits then. I bet it'll be up tomorrow, the question is, do I bet my money by actually putting it in.

Don't beat yourself up. If this trend keeps, we'll be back up there before you even know it. I took profits yesterday, but as I said, based on rumors, not because I spotted this. I didn't see this until this afternoon.

I got lucky I guess. Wish I would have sold more on those rumors though. Oh well...

@ Steph, I won't answer that. If you guys are going to turn this into an attack on me, then I won't respond any more. If you want to answer the questions of what the hell is going on, I will give it a go. Don't be rude.

I think people have made it abundantly clear that the stock market is unpredictable and I don't think you'll get the answers you are looking for. Getting on the board or directors would be a good start but if that's not possible, I think you're at the mercy of the stock market and trying to read the public disclosures like everyone else. Making 'sense' of things is almost impossible.

It's getting very difficult for people to take you seriously and the replies aren't meant to be attacks or personal. It's just that I'd bet 98% of your posts are 'oh no the stock is down....someone explain it to me now!' or something similar. Please dig around the rest of the forum as there is good information there too. Ask questions about the company, the products, what people think is coming down the road...etc and that will maybe make the stock movements make a little more sense. You only want to seem to post here and only when the stock moves up or down.

Ok. You will not sell. What's with the anger then? If you're planning on keeping it until it hits 100 as you said, you have plenty of time to wait and watch it grow. This anger thing about the stock is getting really old by the way.

Groan. 99 was my "magic" MSFT number.

I think I'm going to walk away, not peek anymore and just let it ride.
I have confidence in Tesla's product, their people and embrace their vision.

You are correct about the market being unpredictable. However, this is different. What stock drops 10% on no news, when it is a legitimate company, unless it's being manipulated? Either something is going on, or someone is playing this stock like a puppet, and the shorts know something I don't.

Allright Flower power, I will give you my take of what I think happend today, that is just an opinion so it's probably wrong.

Well, one thing we know is no one really knows and no one will ever know for sure. That said....

Since about a week, Tesla is beating the market every day, gaining almost 20%. That caught the eyes of many day traders, the technical info they have all point to a breakout. So, they all came in yesterday, bought a lot of shares in hope to ride the coming breakout and possible short squeeze.

Of course all day traders have stop-loss programmed so if the stock goes down, the exit is automated. They sell to limit losses.

A pre-market transaction occured this morning for 40k shares with a price down about 4%.

Right at the open, all these guys bailed-out automatically and the domino effect followed, bringing more and more stop-loss to kick-in.

That pre-market transaction is the cause for this mini-crash. I bet they knew what they were doing.

Ho and BTW, those day traders took a hit today. That must hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.