Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be back to ~$36 this afternoon, so you're good.

Oh, wait... you sold it all...

No sold only the same shares I bought in pre-market. So yes, I chickened out this time, but really no harm done. "Missed money beats lost money". To think otherwise would be like Cauliflower (who is out spending drinks on friends with money from rises in the stock price but without actually selling).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You people are horrible. I won't say more, since I don't make assumptions about anyone on this board. You folks know nothing about me, or whats going on in my life, so please don't attempt to enter into it. I am angry for reasons that go far beyond Tesla. So please cease making assumptions about me. Just because I only post on this forum about the stock, doesn't mean that's all I read. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

The way the media is talking about Tesla is a freaking disgrace, and the way the stock is moving is beyond wrong. I am already in a really freaking bad mood. This stock moving this irrationally is beyond pissing me off. Rather then trying to make me more pissed off, could anyone shed some light on this insane movement. To answer your comment before you make it, I will not sell!!!! Either say something constructive, or please don't say anything. Why the frack are so many things wrong about the way this company is being talked about!!!!!!!!! WHY THE FRACK IS THIS STOCK SO UNDERLOVED BY INVESTORS!!!

Do shorts know something I don't? Anyone have anything worth while to say about what we are seeing today?

I refuse to respond to any questions, comments, or insinuations about me, so don't even bother.

Last edited:
You people are horrible. I won't say more. The way the media is talking about Tesla is a freaking disgrace, and the way the stock is moving is beyond wrong. I am already in a really freaking bad mood. This stock moving this irrationally is beyond pissing me off. Rather then trying to make me more pissed off, could anyone shed some light on this insane movement. To answer your comment before you make it, I will not sell!!!! Either say something constructive, or please don't say anything. Why the frack are so many things wrong about the way this company is being talked about!!!!!!!!!

You just have to realize that there are a lot of people trading this stock who have never heard of Elon Musk and have no idea what a Sig is. They are just trading it on the headlines and technicals because it is volatile so you can squeeze a lot of profits out of it by trading it. If you want to talk about fundamentals, things like the points you often make, then you need to look at a yearly chart of TSLA. At that scale all the day-to-day noise fades out, and you can see that the market does in-fact respect what they are doing.

If you aren't going to sell, why are you paying such close attention to the stock price? Save yourself the stress and just check on it a couple times a month.

You people are horrible. I won't say more. The way the media is talking about Tesla is a freaking disgrace, and the way the stock is moving is beyond wrong. I am already in a really freaking bad mood. This stock moving this irrationally is beyond pissing me off. Rather then trying to make me more pissed off, could anyone shed some light on this insane movement. To answer your comment before you make it, I will not sell!!!! Either say something constructive, or please don't say anything. Why the frack are so many things wrong about the way this company is being talked about!!!!!!!!!
  1. Calling people horrible is a bad opening. Online or otherwise.
  2. If you expect the media to change their stripes, you'll be disappointed. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
  3. TSLA stock is not unusual in its market behavior. In fact, it's fairly controlled for a new, tech company. If it swung down to $15/share or up to $70/share then you might have a point.
  4. If you can't handle the current reasonable swings, you shouldn't be involved in stock gambling like you are. This got old 20 posts ago.
  5. I can't shed light on why something is "insane" when I don't agree with the premise that it's "insane". So I can't help you here.
  6. If you're not selling now, then there's no reason to watch it. If you're not selling ever, then the price of the stock -- at any point -- is irrelevant.
  7. "Either say something constructive, or please don't say anything." Agreed. Can you follow the same policy with your posts? Including not posting at all if the entire content isn't constructive?
  8. Tip: The more sequential exclamation points you use, the more likely at least some of your audience (usually including me) will not even read your post.
  9. When I read posts like yours, it reminds me that I should probably acquire some Tesla stock so that I can sell covered calls against it to feed off the volatility that, in part, reactions like yours enhance.

Analyst Defends Tesla (TSLA), Says Checks Show 'Considerable Rise' in Model S Reservations

It's not all bad news in the media. Maxim maintains a $50 target, Morgan Stanley is still at $45, with expectation of much lower deliveries than 5,000 this year. Wunderlich seems to be the oddball out there.

Wunderlich just recently jumped on the bandwagon anyway. They were one of the bears for a long time until their first visit to the factory in like the April-ish timeframe.

You people are horrible. I won't say more, since I don't make assumptions about anyone on this board. You folks know nothing about me, or whats going on in my life, so please don't attempt to enter into it. I am angry for reasons that go far beyond Tesla. So please cease making assumptions about me. Just because I only post on this forum about the stock, doesn't mean that's all I read. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

The way the media is talking about Tesla is a freaking disgrace, and the way the stock is moving is beyond wrong. I am already in a really freaking bad mood. This stock moving this irrationally is beyond pissing me off. Rather then trying to make me more pissed off, could anyone shed some light on this insane movement. To answer your comment before you make it, I will not sell!!!! Either say something constructive, or please don't say anything. Why the frack are so many things wrong about the way this company is being talked about!!!!!!!!! WHY THE FRACK IS THIS STOCK SO UNDERLOVED BY INVESTORS!!!

Do shorts know something I don't? Anyone have anything worth while to say about what we are seeing today?

I refuse to respond to any questions, comments, or insinuations about me, so don't even bother.

Lets keep it all in perspective. TSLA has tons of potential, but how many other companies are valued at 3.5 billion after pumping out just 2100+ Roadsters and promises of a second and third generation model? IMO, TSLA is incredibly overvalued, but I still think it's potential is so large that I'm willing to buy in and see what Elon and the gang can do.

You just have to realize that there are a lot of people trading this stock who have never heard of Elon Musk and have no idea what a Sig is. They are just trading it on the headlines and technicals because it is volatile so you can squeeze a lot of profits out of it by trading it. If you want to talk about fundamentals, things like the points you often make, then you need to look at a yearly chart of TSLA. At that scale all the day-to-day noise fades out, and you can see that the market does in-fact respect what they are doing.

If you aren't going to sell, why are you paying such close attention to the stock price? Save yourself the stress and just check on it a couple times a month.

I watch it daily because I am bored at the moment. Simple. Also, because this is the most frightening time of Teslas existence. I would like to believe that Elon knows what he is doing, and that he is able to do something that no other company has done before. I want to take his words at face value. However, the short interest, combined with the medias perception of Tesla scares the hell out of me. Now is when they are supposed to be building their cars, however, some are still questioning if they can do it. I know nothing (Zero) about the automobile manufacturing process. Also, I still don't have an explanation about why only Elon can do what he is doing. My gut tells me they can get 40k reservations annually, with ease. My stomach is also telling me that I should be questioning his ability to ramp up production. I don't know what to think.

Cali, may I suggest a different tack? Instead of dwelling on how TSLA is faring on a day-to-day basis, can you try going into a Tesla Store (if there's one near you) and taking in the experience there? Talk to the Tesla employees there, look at the interactive displays and heck, if there's a Model S beta on display, check it out as well?!

For that matter, if a Get Amped tour stop is on the horizon near where you live, try getting a guest invite from one of the reservation holders (post on the appropriate thread here: EVents).

My point is that you'll come to love the company for what it's really about and what the fine employees there do (and no, the company's definitely not about its stock alone).

Not that it will do any good, but lighten up, Cali.

Everyone here who holds TSLA lost some money today. And I guarantee that some of them also had a bad day and really didn't need the loss. You're not unique. And the drama is just too much.

How 'bout you just be part of the conversation? We'd all like that.

I've been to 5 different Tesla stores, and 2 service centers. Great places with great employees. I have sat in a Roadster but have not gone for a ride. The employees in the stores are very ambitious, though even they seem a bit nervous about the long term ambitions of Tesla (Mass Market Car) , and in some cases I got the feeling they tried to down play comments made by Elon. I do love the company, and it's goals, however, I am young, and don't know squat about engineering. When analysts say it can't be done, and when MS says they can only produce 2k cars this year, I don't know what to think. I honestly don't know how to respond to claims that Elon is a delusional individual, with a great mind, who is getting ahead of himself. The Success of Space X and Solar City are the only things I have to go on.

One thing I noticed that I find interesting is the fact that the Model S is not being pushed in Europe yet. They were more then happy to help with placing a reservation, but didn't even mention the Model S until I asked about it. There was no material displayed about it anywhere in the stores. In short, if they can get 60 per day in the US alone, I see no reason they can't do 120 a day accounting for Europe. Add Asia to the equation, and 150-160 per day? 160 (365) = 58400

58400 (65000) (.25) = 949 mil +200mil from power trains + 300mil from EV Credits = 1bil 449 million (20) = 28 980 000 000

(I think I am low balling the money from EV credits and powertrains)

This math is why I am holding my position. Also, the forward PE using analysts estimates is 40ish. 1bil 449 million (PE 40) = 57 960 000 000

This math is excluding OPEX, but for this purpose that's not important. This combined with my desire to invest in American innovation, is why I own the stock. Elon being behind the helm is the icing on the cake.

I hope to stop by the one in New York to see the Model S. I don't think I could get a test drive, or a ride along, for a few reasons.

Last edited:
Wunderlich just recently jumped on the bandwagon anyway. They were one of the bears for a long time until their first visit to the factory in like the April-ish timeframe.

From the Wunderlich report: "O’Neill reports that the Q3 consensus is for $130 million in revenue (based on 1000 deliveries) and a GAAP loss of 67 cents a share. He’s now looking for $86 million in revenue (based on 500 deliveries) and a loss of 75 cents a share."

Compare his new model to Morgan Stanley's May 9 research note which predicts a Q3 loss of 73 cents a share on revenues of $136 million (based on 980 deliveries).

Q3 ends September. If the actual Model S Q3 deliveries look to be closer to 500 than 1000, might we see a downgrade from Morgan Stanley as well?

I've been to 5 different Tesla stores, and 2 service centers. Great places with great employees. I have sat in a Roadster but have not gone for a ride. The employees in the stores are very ambitious, though even they seem a bit nervous about the long term ambitions of Tesla (Mass Market Car) , and in some cases I got the feeling they tried to down play comments made by Elon. I do love the company, and it's goals, however, I am young, and don't know squat about engineering. When analysts say it can't be done, and when MS says they can only produce 2k cars this year, I don't know what to think. I honestly don't know how to respond to claims that Elon is a delusional individual, with a great mind, who is getting ahead of himself. The Success of Space X and Solar City are the only things I have to go on.

I hope to stop by the one in New York.

I'm not sure going to a store is going to make any difference. Do your own research then decide if you have faith or you don't. If you don't, that's no big deal. If you do choose to have faith, then please do not flip out here on the boards on every downward tick (nevermind the fact we're back to where we were a few days ago anyway). The rants are not productive and they are beginning to annoy some of those who choose to post here and have constructive discussions regarding the stock. Please keep that in mind going forward.

I watch it daily because I am bored at the moment. Simple.

Umm...I thought you were angry?

Also, because this is the most frightening time of Teslas existence.

Indeed it is and will be until the end of the year.

I would like to believe that Elon knows what he is doing, and that he is able to do something that no other company has done before. I want to take his words at face value.

I believe you can take him at face value and at his word. I believe he's done enough already in his life to warrant it. Indeed, it would be foolish if someone to just fluff him off at this point.

However, the short interest, combined with the medias perception of Tesla scares the hell out of me.

Then get out. It's that simple. Get out, get out, get out, get out. If you can't keep things in perspective, which I believe is partly due to your limited supply of life experience, then get out. Somebody's right and somebody's wrong. If you don't have the faith and conviction that you're right, get out.

Now is when they are supposed to be building their cars, however, some are still questioning if they can do it. I know nothing (Zero) about the automobile manufacturing process.

Well, I happen to know a lot about automobile manufacturing and yep, there's still some questions if Tesla can pull this off. But we've only got about another six months for the answer.

Also, I still don't have an explanation about why only Elon can do what he is doing.

Because he possesses traits and characteristics that few people possess and what he's doing is just one step below starting a private rocketship company and sending cargo to the ISS. When you're older, you might understand that.

My gut tells me they can get 40k reservations annually, with ease. My stomach is also telling me that I should be questioning his ability to ramp up production. I don't know what to think.

Indecision is a killer, isn't it? Get out.

What you should be thinking is that you have no business investing in the stock market if this is how you are thinking. Sorry to be a tad harsh, but controlling your emotions is the first lesson you learn in investing. I've long said that the stock market has the most expensive tuition of any graduate course in the world, because every mistake is expensive. Before you can know investing, you have to know yourself. As your posts indicate you have little idea whether you are coming or going, so I strongly advise you think carefully why you own the security and what you expect. Do a little Ben Franklin exercise by dividing a piece of paper in half and listing pros on one side and cons on the other and see which list is longer and by how much. And don't forget to make sure that you have some numeracy to your bullet points. If the pros don't far outweigh the cons, perhaps you might rethink your assumptions....

Hope that helps (in a good way...)

Status
Not open for further replies.