Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back into Tesla today. Feb 37 calls. Just FYI.

next target is 36.45. Should be resistance pre earnings.

I expect it to touch the mid 36s in the next two weeks. Plan on selling the feb 36 strike calls into strength pre earnings, short spread for February.

then use the proceeds to buy tons of march 40 strikes on weakness pre earnings.

Hedged with tons of upside if they beat expectations and the stock runs. Should work even if they 'miss', stock pulls back for a few days (feb short spread expires) then runs as the reality sinks in, Tesla is here to stay and will be a very valuable company.

Last edited:
I got back into Tesla today. Feb 37 calls. Just FYI.

next target is 36.45. Should be resistance pre earnings.

I expect it to touch the mid 36s in the next two weeks. Plan on selling the feb 36 strike calls into strength pre earnings, short spread for February.

then use the proceeds to buy tons of march 40 strikes on weakness pre earnings.

Hedged with tons of upside if they beat expectations and the stock runs. Should work even if they 'miss', stock pulls back for a few days (feb short spread expires) then runs as the reality sinks in, Tesla is here to stay and will be a very valuable company.

So you expect run to mid 36, then a pull back into earnings for the 40strike buy? Pretty tight call of events, no? From previous behavior, I think there might be significant short stops at 36. If so and it breaks thru that, may not pull back before earnings but instead squeeze higher right into them. If so, you might be better off just buying the march 40s now.

Totally. I expected volatility today with the option puts in the news this week. Nice price improvement over the last few days, though. I'd like to see a run up over the next few weeks as we head towards Feb 11th. Regardless, I'm a long term investor.

I'm a long term TSLA investor as well, and normally I keep a light hand on my stocks. But since mid December I've been extremely active in riding herd on the stock because of external factors have have me concerned (i.e. Debt Limit negotiations). And especially since I came back into the stock at the end of December, I've been doing some active profit taking where normally I'd just ignore the ups and downs.

Mostly, I expect to actively manage the stock until the conference call with the expectation that there will be excellent selling opportunities after that if the Debt Ceiling negotiations go bad. Right now, the Republican establishment looks close to collapse, but the leadership is extremely weak in the House and it still seems possible that they wont allow a clean vote. Until I know where thats going, I'm gonna keep playing momma bird with my shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.