Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb question inbound, where can we find out info of when the Q4 earnings report conference call will be? Is there a specific date lined up? And how can I figure this out myself for the future? :p

This is where I go. Eventually Tesla will send out a press release with the details.

Tesla Motors Inc: NASDAQ:TSLA quotes & news - Google Finance

Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 11.41.33 AM.png

This is just why I'm reluctant to sell any without a really large price increase. I'm afraid it won't go down enough for me to re-buy.

A high quality problem. You know what isn't a high quality problem? Not selling anything then having it go back down.

Take some profits people, no stock goes straight up. Keep most of your shares, but if you have no cash to buy when we inevitably move down, take a little off the table and put it in your pocket now.

True but I think the more important thing is not all of us are hooked up to the market 100%. So I've just been holding.

A high quality problem. You know what isn't a high quality problem? Not selling anything then having it go back down.

Take some profits people, no stock goes straight up. Keep most of your shares, but if you have no cash to buy when we inevitably move down, take a little off the table and put it in your pocket now.

Yes, $38.50 was too good for me to pass up as a selling opportunity. I'd feel bad if it kept going up to $40 today, but I'm pretty sure it will see the dark side of $38 again soon. And if not, the rest of my stash is still going along for the ride and I can take my wife out to dinner tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats pure gambling.

Not pure gambling, any more than Poker is. If I was a major player I'd still sell some at $38.50 then get a friend to write an op-ed about how terrible exploding Tesla's are and then swoop back in to cherry pick the downside. Being a small player I just try to anticipate what the big boys will do.

Thats pure gambling.

No, pure gambling would be to sell all your shares because you bet it will be going down tomorrow. This is risk management. With every dollar higher that TSLA climbs, the probability of a selloff increases; to not mitigate against that risk IS gambling.

I'm only suggesting you trade some of the potential for future gains to buy the ability to be able to do something when the market inevitably turns on you. Just wait, when it happens this board will be flooded with cries of "I should have sold at $xx.xx! I wish I could buy more now, but I don't have any cash left!" Just read through the enormous history of this thread and you'll see it time and time again.

If you don't have cash now, raise some. If the price never again falls, good. But if it does, you can be happy about that too, because you'll be able to buy even more shares.

Not pure gambling, any more than Poker is. If I was a major player I'd still sell some at $38.50 then get a friend to write an op-ed about how terrible exploding Tesla's are and then swoop back in to cherry pick the downside.

I'm sure you're joking, but there are some inexperienced investors on the list, so I'll just point out that market manipulation is a serious crime.

I'm sure you're joking, but there are some inexperienced investors on the list, so I'll just point out that market manipulation is a serious crime.

*cough* Goldman Sachs *caugh*

Must be nice to be an analyst who can upgrade/downgrade stocks, and have most of your company's revenue come from trading stocks yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, regarding holding a long term position as opposed to selling some and waiting for a pullback, there's no right answer. Everyone has their own strategy. Some have a long position, feel very confident in it, and will let it sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.