Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganesh Srivats resigned, he joined the carmaker from Burberry in 2015 as VP of North American sales.

Ganesh Srivats had been Tesla’s top sales executive before going on leave in April. He has now been appointed CEO of Moda Operandi, an online retailer of jewelry, home goods and menswear.

Moda Operandi CEO Deborah Nicodemus Exits, Tesla's Ganesh Srivats Steps In

It appears that algobots picked up on this being headlined at several news outlets, and may have recently amplified today’s drop in Tesla’s share price. It might be noted that Robin Ren essentially took over Srivats’ Tesla responsibilities three months ago. IMO, much ado about nothing.

Has anyone seen this court filing before or is today the first day it has been made public? Seeing it make the rounds on some social media.

Dropbox - Wochos v. Tesla 17-cv-05828-CRB #37.pdf

It's definitely dense, drudging through corporate law is most assuredly not as sexy financial projections but there is a lot of information contained within that filing. Some of it is not flattering r.e. Musk/Deepak.

Sure looks like Tesla is admitting to materially false statements right before a big debt raise...

Ganesh Srivats had been Tesla’s top sales executive before going on leave in April. He has now been appointed CEO of Moda Operandi, an online retailer of jewelry, home goods and menswear.

Moda Operandi CEO Deborah Nicodemus Exits, Tesla's Ganesh Srivats Steps In

It appears that algobots picked up on this being headlined at several news outlets, and may have recently amplified today’s drop in Tesla’s share price. It might be noted that Robin Ren essentially took over Srivats’ Tesla responsibilities three months ago. IMO, much ado about nothing.
And these algobots trade off of news articles being printed by shorts and FUDsters? So what you're saying is that a bunch of computers somewhere are scanning all of the media outlets, no matter what their bias or level of deceit is, and are manipulating the stock price based on that? My God, this is insane.

If this is true then the Chanos's of the world have this completely figured out. Just keep flooding the media with lie after lie after lie and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Dan

If you want to feel better today, listen to Ben Sullins respond to the horrible hit piece by Maureen Callahan in the New York Post. He does a fantastic job.

Dan

That guy is what many of the public think of when they image Tesla drivers. That is not a good thing. I though BMW drivers had a bad perception.
Ha! Sounds like an isle in the "adult" section in the back of a seedy video store!

Dan

Your old to remember a video store. HaHaHa.

Op's ...So do I

Has anyone seen this court filing before or is today the first day it has been made public? Seeing it make the rounds on some social media.

It's definitely dense, drudging through corporate law is most assuredly not as sexy financial projections but there is a lot of information contained within that filing. Some of it is not flattering r.e. Musk/Deepak.
So I know this kind of shareholder derivative lawsuit. All the factual claims are going to be contested and it's going to drag on for *years*, minimum. It may eventually result in some sort of settlement, a decade down the road. It's a much weaker case than the cases made against drugmakers (who pay settlements on these kinds of things all the time when they don't disclose information about failed drug trials or drug side effects), because the actual status of production at particular times is heavily contested, whereas there is usually total clarity with the drug situations.

And these algobots trade off of news articles being printed by shorts and FUDsters? So what you're saying is that a bunch of computers somewhere are scanning all of the media outlets, no matter what their bias or level of deceit is, and are manipulating the stock price based on that? My God, this is insane.
Yep. This is well documented. Look up the "flash crashes". they were driven by newsbots reading *decade-old* news stories which were somehow slipped into the current news feeds.

If this is true then the Chanos's of the world have this completely figured out. Just keep flooding the media with lie after lie after lie and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

They can only affect the stock price through this mechanism. There's a reason Musk is making the company self-financing ASAP.

In preparation for the next three ERs and how those not in support of Tesla will frame them, I have come up with the following titles so that differentiation will be easy.

Q22018 shall be called The Cannoli Quarter. Why? Well, it kind of resembles a stuffed submarine and therefore will remind us of went all transpired leading to the last disastrous? ER.

Q32018 shall be called The Soufflé Quarter. Why? Soufflés come in many flavors and are hard to make as they easily fall. This quarter is to be profitable for Tesla but is it a cheese one and just profitable, a raspberry one and medium profitable, or is it a chocolate one and wildly profitable? And then we can expect some to call it a one time wonder much like the The Pie Quarter making it spun as a fallen soufflé.

Q42018 shall be called The Jello Shooter Quarter. There’s nothing not to like about them. The quarter is more likely to be wildly more profitable and the stock price to shoot up as a result with no bear argument et al to hold it down.

Well, it’s a one sided view of the situation, as are all pleadings. Tesla will likely defend itself. But the suit could cast a pall on the share price nonetheless.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and neroden
You know, we've all been expectintg Q2 numbers to look awful, and they probably will. And TSLA usually drops after earnings.

But the barrage of disinformation before Q2 reporting is so *wildly* OTT, and the short-sellers' downward pressure on the stock price (short percentage of trading is unusually high right now) that I'm beginning to suspect we'll see an "uncertainty removal bounce" after the report.

You know, we've all been expectintg Q2 numbers to look awful, and they probably will. And TSLA usually drops after earnings.

But the barrage of disinformation before Q2 reporting is so *wildly* OTT, and the short-sellers' downward pressure on the stock price (short percentage of trading is unusually high right now) that I'm beginning to suspect we'll see an "uncertainty removal bounce" after the report.

I think i'd agree with this.. I think most people understand that this Q is likely to be back and are probably staying out of TSLA until the quarter is reported. I think we'll have a "buy the rumor, sell the news" effect but in the opposite way - "sell the rumor, buy the news." once we are done with this crappy quarter people will look forward to profitability. the key will be Elon/Tesla's wording on what to expect for the coming quarters and how they've done in the month since they reached the 5k production goal.

So I know this kind of shareholder derivative lawsuit. All the factual claims are going to be contested and it's going to drag on for *years*, minimum. It may eventually result in some sort of settlement, a decade down the road. It's a much weaker case than the cases made against drugmakers (who pay settlements on these kinds of things all the time when they don't disclose information about failed drug trials or drug side effects), because the actual status of production at particular times is heavily contested, whereas there is usually total clarity with the drug situations.
what a legal argument??? "...As 2017 started Tesla faced an existential crisis. .." on line 5 of summary of complaint.:)
more like throwing spaghetti against a wall in hopes something sticks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.