Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The conference call did a lot to goose the adoption of FSD with only a SW promise for 6 months. This FSD cash will help pay for the HW upgrades that will have to be done when V3 comes out with a new chip. Development funded by interested parties is a great strategy. Profit!

As for the million vehicle goal, Tesla may consider focusing on what they do best and what is their core business. They do fine design but they don't have any lock on bending metal. As they eat into the volume of other auto makers, they may be able to sub out the body construction. The do some of their own fabrication of course but they can also expand faster if they just robotically inspect incoming bodies from other shops with idle time on their big presses. Tesla conserves resources for focus on fast ramping the drive units, batteries and SW development. They control final assembly and quality while avoiding too much focus on well understood older tech.

If they pull the "Europe" demand lever in Q4, I'll be tickled pink. :) I'm in for a LR+PUP+AWD, so I won't have to wait. Of course, I imagine they'll leave us hanging in Iceland until near the end of the end of European "first production" orders.

But, the more time that goes by, the more likely they'll have the air suspension and tow package out, so there's that.

Last edited:
Profit taking at 338? You must be a hardcore day trader ;) No faith in the notion of a short squeeze from this?

They were starting to get squeezed before they managed to doom-and-gloom the 5k/wk last month and doubled down. Can't put it off forever.

I'm thinking of starting to sell bits and pieces in $10 increments starting at $370, just to have more cash on hand for if the shorts try again before Q4. But definitely not lower.

Last edited:
FYI

Attachments

• tsla 2018-08-02 Sniper.PNG
    tsla 2018-08-02 Sniper.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 103
Profit taking at 338? You must be a hardcore day trader ;) No faith in the notion of a short squeeze from this?

They were starting to get squeezed before they managed to doom-and-gloom the 5k/wk last month and doubled down. Can't put it off forever.

I'm thinking of starting to sell bits and pieces in $10 increments starting at $370, just to have more cash on hand for if the shorts try again before Q4. But definitely not lower.

How hard will the shorts get squeezed? :D I do have a bigger chunk of TSLA in my long-term investments, but recently bought some shares with "play" money, and have done decent for a short-term investment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.