Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a call from risk management at my broker. They are calling those with high concentrations of TSLA to inform based on in house experts and options activity, they see a 37% move in the stock after earnings release tomorrow. If on the downside, that would create a call for my portfolio (37%!!!...no *sugar*) so they asked me to keep an eye and be ready to either sell some stock or make a deposit. Never had a call like that before in my 35 years of trading. Trying to stay rational (I am long) despite the unprecedented amount of FUD...this being the icing on the cake. Tomorrow will be huge either way....I certainly hope the market reacts to bad earning in a good way as it has acted in a bad way with positive earnings elsewhere as of late. Getting the popcorn out and the checkbook ready....it will take a lot more than I have seen to shake me out of my long position.
I hope you called them back today and questioned their skills at risk management.

D. Maybe there is a great reason not to get a modest number to a dozen companies with reservations in 2019 or
early 2020. I'm floating the option to see if anyone has one.

It is possible that a component of the technology necessary to facilitate the 500+ mile range or adequate charging rate is not yet sufficiently mature to release a working prototype to customers for extensive evaluation (and potential bad press).
It is also possible that Tesla does not want to expose the IP until they are closer to full-throttle production. Based upon current Tesla semi specs, Daimler has posited that alternative physics may apply in California. To satisfy their ‘scientific curiosity,’ it is not difficult to imagine that competitors like Daimler would go to great lengths to carefully examine a prototype. Daimler has already demonstrated this kind of extreme ‘scientific interest’ when they disassembled a rented Tesla Daimler engineers demolish rented Tesla

Will the shorts counter-attack tomorrow? Are there even many shares available to short right now? How much profit-taking will we see? Stay tuned!

No shares to short at Interactive Brokers:

Screenshot 2018-08-02 15.08.55.png

My options closed the day at a staggering 91.75%. Closest expiry aug 10. Longest dec21.

I’ll probably close out all of my Aug positions tomorrow. Unless there is some evidence that many shorts received a margin call and are forced to cover and we see a big move.

Those that are expecting upward pressure tomorrow because of margin calls. Is that something we have seen on the day after the other big moves of TSLA?

• Love
Reactions: BrianZ
Status
Not open for further replies.