Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep yep. They just found out about the Saudi money, and released the "considering taking it private" news the *same day*. I think the timing is NOT coincidental. I think the going-private plan has been in progress for a while but it had to be revealed early, because he wants to lock the Saudis out of increasing their share further, and prevent them from gaining control.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, because with the second part of your sentence you agree with my statement.

Is it just me or the shorts are basically pissing against a hurricane?
(I can't look right now in any data other than Yahoo). 5M volume and almost no movement.

I would feel like more than an shareholder.

Like I am part of the Paypal Mafia.

Expecting Elon to call for the boys weekend at Burning Man.

I'm thinking about Weyland-Yutani-Musk Corporation
512px-Weyland-yutani-logo.svg.png

So essentially Elon yelled "Fire" in a crowded theater - only that the way he yelled it, makes some people rush for the exit (shorts) and some people wanna come in, swarm the place and have part of the action (all those who want to stay long in Tesla for the coming years) -? This WILL get messy at the doors...? (i.e. wild swings) - Very interesting times!

So essentially Elon yelled "Fire" in a crowded theater - only that the way he yelled it, makes some people rush for the exit (shorts) and some people wanna come in and swarm the place, come in and have part of the action (all those who want to stay long in Tesla for the coming years) -? This WILL get messy at the doors...? (i.e. wild swings) - Very interesting times!

Have you seen the not-a-flamethrower parties? ;)

So, for anyone wondering, share recalls aren't instant, so if there is a short squeeze, it'll take a few days.
Unless the broker does it for you, right?

So essentially Elon yelled "Fire" in a crowded theater - only that the way he yelled it, makes some people rush for the exit (shorts) and some people wanna come in, swarm the place and have part of the action (all those who want to stay long in Tesla for the coming years) -? This WILL get messy at the doors...? (i.e. wild swings) - Very interesting times!

You win the prize for the tortured metaphor of the day!

Are you joking? Do you understand what "addressed" means? It means Elon mentioned funding. It means absolutely nothing. This statement was designed to say absolutely nothing substantive about funding.

Maybe, but if we look at their statement:

"This included discussion as to how being private could better serve Tesla’s long-term interests, and also addressed the funding for this to occur."​

There's several ways to read this statement I believe - one is your interpretation, but the other potential one is that "addressed" is distinct from "included discussions as to how".

They could have written:

"This included discussion as to how being private could better serve Tesla’s long-term interests, and also how the funding for this could occur."
That would indeed be a 100% meaningless statement regarding funding.

But they didn't write that, they used the "addressed the funding for this to occur", where "addressed" could be the second meaning as per the Cambridge Dictionary:

to give attention to or deal with a matter or problem:
The issue of funding has yet to be addressed.
"give attention to" is meaningless, but "deal with a matter" is to solve a matter or problem: it is common to refer to problems that were "dealt with" as "have been addressed". Also note the specific example the Cambridge Dictionary decided to list.

Anyway, I'd argue that this sentence is ambiguous - unless I'm seriously mis-parsing it.

Unless the broker does it for you, right?
Well, I was talking a true squeeze as in running-out-of-shares, not just a short-covering rally.

If all of us who lent shares out asked for our shares back yesterday, they would be likely to not be all returned until Friday.

Even for a short-covering rally it can take some time. I read somewhere that margin calls go out (a) after market close, and (b) at noon, and *usually* the broker gives the short-sellers some time to wire in more money.

If wiped out, why would he gives this up?

I can’t believe any long would ask this question.

Answer: Because it’s not about the money for him. Never has been, never will be.

I’m starting to note, though, who is about the money. And I’m reminded of past posts I’ve made about how money changes otherwise good people into shadows of themselves. Sad.

Elon will do everything in his power to support the longs. He’s said it, he’ll do it. Everyone relax. Answers will be forthcoming. Be happy for Elon/Tesla/employees who hopefully will no longer have to put up with the additional stress via smear campaigns, lies etc... that they have had to endure for YEARS.

Maybe, but if we look at their statement:

"This included discussion as to how being private could better serve Tesla’s long-term interests, and also addressed the funding for this to occur."​

There's several ways to read this statement I believe - one is your interpretation, but the other potential one is that "addressed" is distinct from "included discussions as to how".

They could have written:

"This included discussion as to how being private could better serve Tesla’s long-term interests, and also how the funding for this could occur."
That would indeed be a 100% meaningless statement regarding funding.

But they didn't write that, they used the "addressed the funding for this to occur", where "addressed" could be the second meaning as per the Cambridge Dictionary:

to give attention to or deal with a matter or problem:
The issue of funding has yet to be addressed.
"give attention to" is meaningless, but "deal with a matter" is to solve a matter or problem: it is common to refer to problems that were "dealt with" as "have been addressed". Also note the specific example the Cambridge Dictionary decided to list.

Anyway, I'd argue that this sentence is ambiguous - unless I'm seriously mis-parsing it.
This is why chit get's written by the dang lawyers.

I agree, it's ambiguous.

Which is crazy. We have laws saying that public companies should not be ambiguous when making material statements.

This is absolutely a material proposal. Can we just get some clear communication?

Start with this: what entity specifically is offering 420/share for TSLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.