Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Tesla reporting have reached a new level of nuts this week.

An honest article would read:

Hi, I'm a reporter, a writer. I really have no idea how ideas become real, and had trouble imagining anything beyond my flip phone when the iPhone came out. Also I declared that Nokia would eventually crush Apple.

But I need to write something, because you know, content is king. Gotta keep those ad dollars flowing. So let me just pull together some stuff from other reporters who also have no idea and weave some collection of words.

So going private is an interesting strategic idea that may show the confidence Elon has in their plan, but instead of diving deep and exploring the nature of this proposal, I'll just go with "Elon Tweets - WTF - Tesla in Chaos!"

I'll use that as a headline too.

I can already see the clicks!

Oh wait, because of this article and others, I see the stock falling. Let me fix the headline

"Elon Tweets - WTF - Tesla in Chaos! - Stock falls 10 points!!!"

Streetinsider.com on Twitter

Tesla $TSLA Coverage Discontinued at Goldman, Says Acting as Financial Advisor

So Reuters reported Saudi Arabia wasn’t involved, and it’s now confirmed they are. Reuters also reported that Silver Lake wasn’t involved.

Did Reuters also report Goldman wasn’t involved? They seem to have quite a streak going.

With all the handwringing about why Elon would do things like tweet without a filter unlike more traditional way business is run - here is my take.

Tesla is what it is today because Elon is not business-as-usual. If he was, it would be like … Aptera.

In a way no different than Trump. His tweeting and devil-may-care attitude is what got him elected.

So Reuters reported Saudi Arabia wasn’t involved, and it’s now confirmed they are. Reuters also reported that Silver Lake wasn’t involved.

Did Reuters also report Goldman wasn’t involved? They seem to have quite a streak going.

Looking at it wrong. That's twice as many stories in as many days! They're winning the news game.

item
2012-03-30_2011_001.png

iExtremeMoneyBandschart3.png

VPOC.png.61ffc7fd5b8d98968578f712e4f83a08.png

CL+MPE.jpg

intro.jpg

the-matrix-reloaded-trinity.jpg

So could late short
With all the handwringing about why Elon would do things like tweet without a filter unlike more traditional way business is run - here is my take.

Tesla is what it is today because Elon is not business-as-usual. If he was, it would be like … Aptera.

In a way no different than Trump. His tweeting and devil-may-care attitude is what got him elected.
That is so true. Elon and Tesla go hand in hand. If you are an investor, you better be prepared for surprises, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but overall he's driving Tesla towards profitability. Don't go blame him for whatever he does because if he weren't this way, there'd be no Tesla. That means you too shorts. Don't go blame Elon for the Tweets for your loss, that's the leader you are betting against, and you'd better be ready to throw pots and pans at him cause he sure as hell won't back down without a good fight.

Reactions: Ugliest1
Macros and more $SCTY merger pattern matching. Great buying opportunities!

As long as Elon acts like a leader like Trump and makes this happen, this will work out fine. But if Elon is chasing the tail of the "news", then he was never serious about going private in the first place, because that's the whole reason to go private, to stop chasing fake news. While Elon might be a bit out of his depth with the total barrage of fake news, he's had great teachers in Donald Trump, and I expect he'll pull through and everything will work out fine.

For all the stock technical reasons given (pop looks imminent), if I were the Saudi's wanting in the Private club at a lower price, and saw how it's levelling out, I'd buy now before someone else beats me to it.
There might be some considerations on their side as far as their max stake size and whether they want the risk of CFIUS rejecting the deal b/c that stake is too large.

If they buy max of what they need now, what happens when Musk needs their funding to close the deal?

Btw, this article suggests they may not have much cash on hands right now and may take few months to procure it:
Saudi fund may only play minor part in Musk's $72 billion Tesla...
This is Reuters though, so not sure if they are lying;)

Not asking for credit... but did I get some folks to buy just now?

Imagine all the people biting their nails watching how flat the stock is in this fearful time... wondering if it's going down any more but don't want to miss the miracle. So the slightest sign today that it goes up might trigger something pretty cool.

One thing for sure, it's either going to go up... or go down.

I love these SEC news. These guys even don't bother asking lawyers before writing. They just invent crap.
Musk does MBO. He finds funds, invites existing investors and makes an offer to the directors board.
He didn't do any offers yet. Tesla even issued 8K about.
SEC can be only concerned with Musk as a buyer, and any inquiries into Tesla are moot.
When it will be over I hope I will fight my laziness over and compile a full oeuvre of modern MM about Tesla. It's almost Bollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.