Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Musk definitely screwed up here. He likes to make his own life difficult I think. After awhile you wonder if he learns to keep his fingers in his pockets and off his phone.
Yeah, yeah pile on the disagrees Musk lovers... I'm long Tsla but he is not wise in his corporate communications. I'd be happy if he proved the shorts wrong by just working hard and making M 3's profitably. That will kill the shorts off in the long run.

It’s interesting legacy media outlets put on a hedge fund manager that has a significant investment in coal, allegedly 50% of fund, to bash Elon and Tesla without a disclosure of this fact.

It’s like not disclosing your guest who says Coca Cola is a fraud, has 50% fund stake in Pepsi.

Tesla Energy is a competitor of coal as is the rest of solar and energy storage industry.

Solar is the fastest growing new energy capacity builder in the USA. Coal is going in the opposite direction.

But yet networks don’t see it fit to announce this as their audience is forced to listen to this long coal investor attack on Tesla.
"Clean Coal now with Asbestos flakes"

To me, it sounds like his "whistle blower" attempt fell flat.

I would have to wonder if his lawyer dumped him... And if he hasn't already he might now. It would seem that he is opening himself up to more damages from Elon personally as well as Tesla. For example, he has just provided evidence to the world that he broke his employment contract with Tesla. (Assuming that his contract said that he wasn't allowed to take and/or release pictures of Tesla IP/processes/factories.)

Well Musk definitely screwed up here. He likes to make his own life difficult I think. After awhile you wonder if he learns to keep his fingers in his pockets and off his phone.
That's enough for me short sellers are so frightened that it is hard to read all that BS. I followed news and stock price because of eventual short burn. Right now just creating sell order at 3k. Bye bye BS I have more interesting work to do than reading that freaked out shorts.

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
I would have to wonder if his lawyer dumped him... And if he hasn't already he might now. It would seem that he is opening himself up to more damages from Elon personally as well as Tesla. For example, he has just provided evidence to the world that he broke his employment contract with Tesla. (Assuming that his contract said that he wasn't allowed to take and/or release pictures of Tesla IP/processes/factories.)
I looked at the pics of his evidence. They are not nearly as damning as he claimed. People are having to ask him where the actual defects are at and what some of them even mean. I have a manufacturing background and most of what he is talking about are just processes to segregate parts that need to be reworked. That happens everywhere at every level of manufacturing from screws to entire cars.

Yeah, yeah pile on the disagrees Musk lovers... I'm long Tsla but he is not wise in his corporate communications. I'd be happy if he proved the shorts wrong by just working hard and making M 3's profitably. That will kill the shorts off in the long run.

Trust me, your likes or disagrees aren't contingent on which team you're on.

I looked at the pics of his evidence. They are not nearly as damning as he claimed. People are having to ask him where the actual defects are at and what some of them even mean. I have a manufacturing background and most of what he is talking about are just processes to segregate parts that need to be reworked. That happens everywhere at every level of manufacturing from screws to entire cars.

Yeah I've been looking for something damning, and I see nothing. Just this guy being a dick.

If you believe your own BS, then he screwed up. You have to understand, we've been hearing that for 10+ years, and it's been wrong every time so far. I know which horse I'm betting on now.

Martin Tripp (remember the 'saboteur' and 'hacker'?) is tweeting up a storm this afternoon. He's posting VINs of Teslas with allegedly damaged batteries and inventories of tens of millions of dollars worth of scrapped parts, with MOS reports and photos of scrap and vast quantities of storage containers.

Wonder how that will all turn out...

News flash: company with billions of dollars in revenue has millions of dollars in scrap. Details at 11! ;)

Trust me, your likes or disagrees aren't contingent on which team you're on.
I would disagree with that. I've seen other ppl's comments on here get slammed with disagrees for valid points that get proven right later on and there is no reason they should get a bunch of thumbs down. I think all viewpoints should be welcome cuz it makes us better investors. Who cares if a little FUD is mixed in? It's easy to see thru it.

I would disagree with that. I've seen other ppl's comments on here get slammed with disagrees for valid points that get proven right later on and there is no reason they should get a bunch of thumbs down. I think all viewpoints should be welcome cuz it makes us better investors. Who cares if a little FUD is mixed in? It's easy to see thru it.

This isn't reddit, a "disagree" has no impact other than showing up a little thumbs down icon with a number next to it.

If you believe your own BS, then he screwed up. You have to understand, we've been hearing that for 10+ years, and it's been wrong every time so far. I know which horse I'm betting on now.
Ive got money in the game myself and it's not on the short side, but honestly what was the purpose of the tweet? He could have said much less and had the same outcome. I'm not attacking your faith in musk or Tesla. I've invested for 4+ years now. All I think is he should have left off the funding secured part ..I mean , it seems obvious he was too impulsive with that.

People are sometimes wrong, correct, but that's not a valid reason to allow anyone to say anything and be left unchallenged.

People here are allowed to challenge and question and even disagree with your post, and that's something you can't take away from them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand

Elon probably is wrong, but give the guy a break. He’s just not as brilliant as you obviously are.

Have some pity for all those poor people that don’t have your ability to make instant decisions about things for which they have incomplete information.

I would guess you must have a once in a generation talent to be able to brilliantly see Elon’s mistakes even though you haven’t thought about the topic or know as much about Tesla as he does.

Martin Tripp (remember the 'saboteur' and 'hacker'?) is tweeting up a storm this afternoon. He's posting VINs of Teslas with allegedly damaged batteries and inventories of tens of millions of dollars worth of scrapped parts, with MOS reports and photos of scrap and vast quantities of storage containers.

Wonder how that will all turn out...

It looks like the guy is sharing pictures of what could be Tesla's intellectual property. If true, he should be arrested immediately.

• Helpful
Reactions: AndreN
Sorry for your losses. Options are very risky if you weren't aware of that then you did not belong trading them. I think that has tainted your opinion and clouded your judgement. Your leaps had huge time premiums which made them more risky. Good luck on future investments and consider staying away from options.

Thanks for your apologies, but no need. I was very aware of the risks. But if anyone here can say they saw the largest public to private transition ever happening, feel free to forward the link on that discussion ( I actually do recall someone raising that possibility, but literally once), and so I assigned the probability of that event happening a very very slim chance. I completely disagree that money losses have tainted my opinion, and clouded my judgement. If I was in it strictly for the money, I would just give my money to the aforementioned hedge fund manager/owner. But i care where my money is invested, and who gains from the profits of that company. What activities do those profits support both directly and indirectly? As for my LEAPS having huge time premiums, that in my opinion can go both ways. Yes looking at it with retrospect makes them more risky, but why do you pay those premiums? to help de-risk the time element... (ramping issues, elon's own time etc).

I'm... not clear on how that would work, even just on a logical level. If you're a short, who, exactly, are you going to buy the shares needed to cover from *after* the deal closes? After it closes, there are no public shares in existence and private shares can only be traded during "liquidity events" every 6 months.

Sorry unsure of exactly how. I can say his area of expertise is merger arbitrage. I think its more a matter if deal gets announced, there is no way a squeeze will happen, as institutional investors are going to sell at anything above 420.

I'm curious what the thinking is on why it would go down to less than it was before the take private announcement if the deal does not get approved?

I ask because it's less than that now. Perhaps the opposite would be true at this point - deal does not get approved and stock rockets back up.

Loss of confidence.
Unnecessary turmoil that wears down even the most ardent supporters.
News of a distasteful partner, to put it mildly, with which some of us do not want to be associated, and with potentially malevolent intentions.
Fatigue.
A sense of loss of purpose.

That sums it up. For myself its a loss of confidence. Not full loss, but loss. I have enjoyed TSLA as an investment , as I was a strong, ardent supporter of Musk. I do not care if he says the stock is over-valued. I value honesty above all. But when he starts publicly accusing pedophilia, how can one not question those actions? Would you question your teenager if they did that? Maybe hold them to a higher principal? Do you feel "funding secured" was appropriate terminology, even after his blog post clarification? Do you feel Tesla should open itself up for a buyout to a nation that might not have transitioning to alternative fuel sources as its primary objective? How does that fit with the master plan?

Sorry, but you need to question.

"
Musk: Well, I do think there’s a good framework for thinking. It is physics. You know, the sort of first principles reasoning. Generally I think there are — what I mean by that is, boil things down to their fundamental truths and reason up from there, as opposed to reasoning by analogy.

Through most of our life, we get through life by reasoning by analogy, which essentially means copying what other people do with slight variations."

Ive got money in the game myself and it's not on the short side, but honestly what was the purpose of the tweet? He could have said much less and had the same outcome. I'm not attacking your faith in musk or Tesla. I've invested for 4+ years now. All I think is he should have left off the funding secured part ..I mean , it seems obvious he was too impulsive with that.
It wouldn't matter. Elon could have left off "Funding Secured", and the news would be just as bad, everyone would just focus on "the fact" he doesn't have the money, and such a large deal is impossible. It's market manipulation because it's clearly untrue. So on and so forth. Nothing changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.