Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that it seems like the Tesla battery and powertrain are probably a generation or two ahead of what you'll buy from the new entrants. Thats why I would head to Tesla first over the others. Fit and finish can probably be easily fixed as time goes on, but the drive motors and battery tech needs to be right. Long TSLA.
I would not bet on that. Indeed, for a new entrant is it THEIR first generation, but I wouldn't put the battery and powertrain at 1-2 generations behind at this point. Especially with the historical work that Mercedes and Tesla have done together (not only on then current drivetrain but roadmap drivetrain development.

Just a new note. I do NOT expect the 282-285 to hold in the end. I know you don't want to hear that.

So to clarify, just before Tesla announces two consecutive quarters of profits and positive cash flow, record production and deliveries, and one of the top-10 bestselling cars in the United States, you expect the stock price to go substantially below $282?

We will have the best buying opportunity of all time. I kind of do want to hear that.

well... it hit the $290 price point, so I've got more $TSLA. Now to see if it can hit the $280 where I've got a (slightly) larger order. If this keeps up I'll be crying for want of dry powder. I *really* didn't expect the plunge today. Just taking advantage of it (at least, as much as I can).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden

I have a couple issues with that:
  1. Why are they still using the NEDC range estimate when they are required to report WLTP now?
  2. They say 22.2kWh per 100 km, and an 80kWh battery. That means a NEDC range of 360 km, but yet they say it will be greater than 450 km? Um, how?
Someone seems to be standard and math challenged...

Reactions: Thumper
I have not sold yet but I am afraid of further book losses..
I know how you feel and most of us have gone through this...but don't sell because of fear. If you don't think tsla potential justifies the stock price then that is a different story but if you want to sell because of the drop from 355 to 290 then it is the wrong reason. Market manipulators make money with these swings and they prey on people's fears.

Tsla will be at least 30B revenue, about 20% - 25% gross margin, and profitable next year. With 50% growth year over year for the next 5 years the price/revenue multiple should be at least 2-3 which is 60B - 90B market cap.

I know how you feel and most of us have gone through this...but don't sell because of fear. If you don't think tsla potential justifies the stock price then that is a different story but if you want to sell because of the drop from 355 to 290 then it is the wrong reason. Market manipulators make money with these swings and they prey on people's fears.

Tsla will be at least 30B revenue, about 20% - 25% gross margin, and profitable next year. With 50% growth year over year for the next 5 years the price/revenue multiple should be at least 2-3 which is 60B - 90B market cap.

30b revenue with 22.5%% revenue is far from realistic in 2019 buddy ... Maybe 23b with 20%

So to clarify, just before Tesla announces two consecutive quarters of profits and positive cash flow, record production and deliveries, and one of the top-10 bestselling cars in the United States, you expect the stock price to go substantially below $282?

We will have the best buying opportunity of all time. I kind of do want to hear that.
I didn't say "substantially".
The points you mention are the points EVERYONE is expecting. If they meet it, that's all they get. It would have to be something significantly BETTER to really push us up higher in the near term.

I don't make the news, I just interpret it, create my thesis and act on it. Question? Have I been wrong-once?

Ummm, how?

I'm looking at the spec sheet and I'm impressed. It seems to have better performance (5.1s vs 5.2s 0-60), range (>450km vs 381km), and efficiency than the Model X 75D. What am I missing?

Model X 75D is 417km range NEDC, which would seem to indicate the efficiency is about the same. But, the 22.2kWh/100km seems way out of line.

I think its clear that MB knew the EXACT specs they needed to beat. Its pretty easy when you are the second entry into the field, just copy #1, and beat their specs by 1 or 2%.
Of course, the people who like lots of switches will be happy, I see plenty of them on the EQC dash. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan and neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.