Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The sec is trying to remove Elon as CEO. That would definitely tank Tesla stock. Can we class action against the SEC?
I think the best we can do is start calling Trump and Congress and have the person at the SEC who started this removed. That can really only happen after the case is closed. Twitter is Musk's way to communicate with shareholder. Now we have to let the case play out and see if his tweets were out right lies. If they were not I am calling my congressmen since at that point it's nothing but the SEC manipulating TSLA.

We don't know what information the SEC has. It must be damning because I have never heard of a CEO getting removed/barred for making a public announcement about wanting to take their company private. Shareholders are supposed to be informed of that info. Everyone is going to conclude that the SEC has serious info that is not public.

your insinuation is that tesla is in the toilet? ok well it’s working as long as the stock can be manipulated by the establishment.
and yeah elon made that possible by making an incredibly stupid mistake. he’ll pay.

but you clearly don’t know jack about the product otherwise you’d probably be a fan instead of an ignorant @sshole, which unfortunately, can’t be remedied.
No, just that you're focusing on minutiae, relative to the big story here.

In fact, I am a fan of the product.

I've just read through the complaint:

So Elon was virtual certain that funding was secured, and two weeks later 30 billion dollars of funding was indeed not just secured but committed as well. So Elon's belief, which the SEC claims to be false, was demonstrated to be correct within 2 weeks. The SEC has no case that I can see.

I don't know -- I feel like the SEC's point is that at the time of the tweet, nothing had in fact been secured. It's certainly impressive that he scrounged up $30b in two weeks following, but I feel like they make a solid case for nothing actually being secured at the time of the tweets and that Elon knew this.

some interesting details: it looks like the Saudis indeed offered Elon to take Tesla private a couple of days before his tweet.

Where do you see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.