Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would b very unusual for a regulator not to give a few days flexibility when asked by a big company/respected legal team.
Is any of this typical?

An alternative theory is that Musk thinks the next year is crucial and so he wants to stay CEO for that period (while fighting the suit) even at a greater risk of a lifetime ban later.

Elon's compensation package requires being CEO or Chairman and Chief Product Officer with all leadership reporting to him. The next few years will be a big inflection point in the stock price. Huge hit to lose that.

thought this was a good and balanced piece about likely outcome: Terms of Service Violation

Also I've been outspoken in thinking that Musk should settle and as many group thinkers are won't to do hav been attacked as a short. For the record TSLA is literally the only stock I've ever owned, and I've never decreased my position, only increased over time. That being said this has been a year of "own goals" if you will by Elon.
We're at the tail end of the most difficult and successful ramp in this company's history.....and people wanna talk about augmenting the board?

Normally you don't brainstorm changes on the eve of aa triumphant victory. We're about to be profitable, what else do you want?
Yes, this board talk is absolutely worthless and distracting

when asked by a big company/respected legal team.

From website:
Latham has a rich history and deep experience with the SEC: at various times Latham partners have served at the highest levels of the SEC - as Chairman, General Counsel and Director of the Division of Corporation Finance. Current partners include two former Associate Directors at the Division of Enforcement and a former Deputy General Counsel. The White Collar Defense & Investigations and Securities Litigation practice groups include a number of highly experienced former federal prosecutors with extensive trial experience in securities law prosecutions, including the former Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Criminal Division of the US Department of Justice, the former acting US Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, the former Chief of the Securities and Commodities Fraud Unit in the Southern District of New York and the former Chief of the Enron Task Force.

The block/ignore button is a much more intelligent remedy than a general ban. That way you can remove the irritant from your personal space without depriving the thread in general of a mitigant to their confirmation bias.
Yes but not the pages and pages of unwarranted response to the long debunked stuff.
(Oh, I'm not ignoring Sunbird.)

We're at the tail end of the most difficult and successful ramp in this company's history.....and people wanna talk about augmenting the board?

Normally you don't brainstorm changes on the eve of aa triumphant victory. We're about to be profitable, what else do you want?
Hear ye hear ye! (rapping knuckles on an oak table)

If I'm a normal person that sees the headlines, and the nighlty news on CNBC/Reuters/Bloomberg/etc, then I think Tesla is definitely failing. Not its unprecedented growth and creation of shareholder value.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
72062C4C-B21A-470C-B91C-8BF253DD85FF.png
Behind the scenes.

Multidimensional chess.

To underline an important point Fact Checker made earlier (sorry, have been attending other pressing bizniz like food, securing funds etc) it occurs to me as a rank amateur and furriner to boot, that the incursion on First Amendment Speech by a Federal entity against a natural person could BY ITSELF be sufficient for quick dismissal of SEC's case. And if that can occur to me within 24 hours, it's not surprising if it did occur to Elon&Team much quicker. Question is why Team SEC's PROFESSIONALS did not see that.

Am I just being stupid again?
Couple of points to consider:

1 Commercial speech is less protected than other speech; and
2 By becoming a D or O of a public company one voluntarily submits to a greater degree of speech limitation - the precedent that comes to mind was a city that wouldn't hire communists as policemen. The court in that case advised the individual suing that while he had a constitutional right to be a communist, he didn't have a constitutional right to be a policeman.

• Disagree
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
The block/ignore button is a much more intelligent remedy than a general ban. That way you can remove the irritant from your personal space without depriving the thread in general of a mitigant to their confirmation bias.

That depends on the person in question. I’d agree with that for most people(you included, for what it’s worth). Before I ignored him(the first and only person I’ve ever ignored on these forums), I saw nothing from the person in question other than mindless vitriol. The few times I’ve clicked “show ignored content” since then have revealed more of the same. There are no facts or even arguments presented. I don’t see the value there.

Reactions: Lessmog
An alternative theory is that Musk thinks the next year is crucial and so he wants to stay CEO for that period (while fighting the suit) even at a greater risk of a lifetime ban later.
If the rumor is correct that the settlement included a CEO ban for two years, not just a chairman ban, then yes.

At this point it's almost impossible to come to a conclusion, with several conflicting sources of what the settlement entailed.

I was just about to cash out 20% of my TSLA shares to finally purchase my dream car, a fully loaded P3D, when this threadbare lawsuit dropped. Back to a holding pattern now. To assuage my frustration and unplug from the incessant FUD I’m taking off for Tahoe with my buddy and his new 3D for weekend of golf at Coyote Moon and Squaw Creek. :)

Many thanks to Fact Checking, Foghat, JHM and many others for providing great insights into this latest episode of “As the Tesla Turns.”

Status
Not open for further replies.