Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Does the SEC rules allow a company to release quarterly numbers the night before the 1st day of the next quarter say after midnight?
My recollection (and I have been retired a couple if years) is that you can file any time after the end of the quarter. However, if you file too quickly the SEC may wonder whether you have applied the required level of care and diligence to the production of the numbers.

My recollection (and I have been retired a couple if years) is that you can file any time after the end of the quarter. However, if you file too quickly the SEC may wonder whether you have applied the required level of care and diligence to the production of the numbers.
It would be sooooo coooool if the SEC applied any level of care or diligence to their OWN filings and suits, rather than rushing paperwork with malicious intent and clear collusion with bad actors. One can dream...

I was just mulling this over earlier and the thought occurred to me: would I rather have this circus or another quarter of disappointing production numbers and the constant drumbeat of lose-money-on-every-car (which suspiciously almost vanished after that German firm's analysis). Remember, suits can also be settled at later dates too.

I'll take the circus, not cheerfully, but stay out of the tent if you don't want to put up with the clowns/birds/FUD/trolls.

Still deliriously happy with the car, and not going anywhere.

Many thanks to sec to allow short sellers to become whole again. (That is sarcastic)

If i had several billion to purchase a cutting edge company with soon to realize ongoing profits, I'm pretty sure i wouldn't want my bid details trolled out so that someone would know my bid amount and have a chance to outbid me... But what do I know I don't have several $B (yet)...

I'm not selling my stock. True, it's not worth as much today as it was yesterday, but it'll be back next week I am sure.

I'm one of the volunteers helping my local Tesla delivery center get new Model 3s (and S+X) to their new owners over today, tomorrow and Sunday. I've never seen this many cars inside and out in the parking lot. And there's a full transporter parked in the street.

Why don't onlookers understand that with a Model 3 ASP of $60,000 and a generous profit margin per Sandy Munro, that Tesla are going to generate a ton of money this quarter?

I'm in the group that believes Elon had secure funding when he tweeted that. And also that the word "considering" in that same tweet makes the whole investigation moot. => no need to settle with anyone. => Elon, Exonerated.

Anyone know - when are Q3 numbers released? Is it through Tesla PR? Are car sales numbers release separate from/prior to financials?
I think Q3 earnings are on the 10/7/18? the production and deliveries numbers could come as soon as Monday, 10/1/2018

update: note here, it was a typo above for the ER date, should be 11/7/2018 NOT 10/7/2018,, but we don't know the ACTUAL date yet, IR hasn't announced it.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
I'm flabbergasted at the quick turnaround by the SEC....clearly, someone goosed them to move forward just before a quarter end that would have delivered great news.

Having said that, one of the benefits of a settlement is that Elon would not be distracted by legal troubles during Tesla's continued ramp up of Model 3 & important transition to profitability.

Oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.