Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to everyone that hung on. I grit my teeth and even bought 65 more shares.

Whoever loaded up, Huzzah! Great call!

KarenRei, if this settlement did not happen on Saturday I expect 200 was in the cards. Most everyone did. It makes sense that many people were looking to bypass the carnage a little bit and then buy back in. To those I say, I believe this stock is going much higher from here. It is not too late to buy back.

As for you, KarenRei, you are a rock! Amazing.

Rare historical footage of $TSLA price action on Monday, October 1, 2018:

Fantastic_burning_bull_rushing_from_fire.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why so many people are like this. I didn't have the slightest inclination to sell. My only reaction was "major buying opportunity!"

Selling is the hard one for me. I always remind myself, if you're thinking, "There's no way I'd even think about buying at this price", maybe you should be considering selling.

Just trying to be secure and avoid any black swans. I wanna stay as long as possible, but also recently realized there's many more external factors out of Tesla's control. (Or they might totally be in control if not for Elon.... :D). And whenever I do sell (never all shares, max half) I always buy back later, usually at lower prices. That's risky market timing but with TSLA can help you increase your position without spending a dollar ;)

Not true. The guy down the street called his wife and told her he was leaving her. She tracked him down and shot him in the keister.
What you do on your phone can kill you.
That's awful. I was in a similar situation, but I realized it, so I let them do everything wrong and let them get in enough situations where they really had to break up with me and I acted hurt but actually was celebrating. It was one of the best plans that I executed properly in my life. But it took me two years. That was a dreadful two years that have lasting permanent damage on my life and remove my ability to do a lot of things I had prior. BUT I AM ALIVE!!!

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
And Shorts back to old playbook with negative articles.

This article from Shawn Langlois-MarketWatch cites Spiegel: Why Tesla may still be ‘the biggest single stock bubble in this whole bubble market’

1) Tesla has no “moat” of any kind; i.e., nothing meaningfully or sustainably proprietary.

2) Tesla loses a huge amount of money despite relatively light competition but will soon be confronted with massive competition in every aspect of its business.

3) Elon Musk is extremely untrustworthy.

LOL: they’re going to get killed today.

There have been so many times certain posters come in pumping the stock - giving very high price targets for the next day after some market moving news. I started to not believe them. I honestly thought $280 at the best today. I think it is time to start believing again.
Let's not get crazy here. One correct guess does not negate all previous failures.

Someone needs to initiate a class action suit against the SEC.... they caused extreme volatility with their suit of Musk
My thinking on this is that margin calls for the gap down event are due AFTER the gap down expired and resumed normal levels, making the margin calls covered, and removing a huge amount of the volatility for those of us pinched. Of course, that only works if the SP maintains this gap-fill in market hours and the brokerages offering margin honor that; they can decide not to.

On the other hand, those people who never held margin and had dry powder to use every swing did very well this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden and Xenius
Damn! Wanted to buy calls late Fri mainly in reaction to the price drop and ahead of delivery numbers but thought it’d be better to wait till first thing Mon in case there was any more bad news over the weekend and since numbers don’t come out till after market open anyway. Certainly didn’t expect a settlement so quick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.