Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the *way* to fight back. Ever heard of "speak softly and carry a big stick"?

Agreed!

There are a number of *better* ways to do this. Your example, speak softly and carry a big stick, sounds great.

But that isn’t Elon.

Elon has always lashed out as his opposition. Its part of him. I can list hundreds of examples.

Elon’s going to be Elon, good or bad.

So if Elon is going to be Elon, he’s going to go FULL speed, full optimism, nothing is off the table, and with all his effort.

You aren’t changing how he’s going to respond to this. He is who he is. And I think it’s amazing. He is getting boned right now and he needs to fight back.

He
WANTS
out.

no other explanation possible.
F*** You Elon.
We´re all losing money and You´re just doing it because You can.
Child.

EM could leave without slamming the door - he is after all a major shareholder, so our loss is his loss too.

PS. Is EM allowed to buy TSLA between now and the Q3 ER ? Maybe he is looking to create a buying opportunity (if not for himself, then for those who endure TSLA's high volatility) ...

Wow man, you're chill. You might be right, but why does he have to make it so painful for all of us?

I'm afraid he's going to be taken out as CEO, which I think would be horrible, but he's writing his own resignation, whether he intends to or not.
I think it would be good for Musk's mental health to leave the CEO job at this point. And I think as long as Jerome replaces him and JB stays on board, the company will be OK.

Unfortunately, I think out of a sense of responsibility, Musk hasn't been willing to just bite the bullet and leave, so his subconscious is lashing out.

I'm surprised stock only down 3% or so in AH. Maybe I'm overly sensitive and overreacting? I don't know. This seems like a super dumb move to me...
I don't think anyone is happy about this, but i don't think he can technically get into trouble about this. Didn't violate the deal. Having said that, he should be smart enough to know this doesn't help anything and just makes him look childish. At this point, we'd be better off if the board asked him to get off of Twitter for good.

I'm surprised stock only down 3% or so in AH. Maybe I'm overly sensitive and overreacting? I don't know. This seems like a super dumb move to me...

The SEC can't do a damn thing right now because there's an agreement. Elon can say whatever he wants indirectly about the SEC. If SEC punishes Elon for mocking them, then that kind of prove Elon being right that the SEC is acting subjectively and not objectively. So whatever, if he wants to vent he can vent.

I think it would be good for Musk's mental health to leave the CEO job at this point. And I think as long as Jerome replaces him and JB stays on board, the company will be OK.

Unfortunately, I think out of a sense of responsibility, Musk hasn't been willing to just bite the bullet and leave, so his subconscious is lashing out.

Being CEO isn't the driver. Elon would be working his butt off regardless of title. All going not-CEO would do is kill his compensation plan.

I think Musk wants to quit. Don't they have a babysitter for his twitter account yet? He agreed to it.

The company will be fine without Musk, of course, since they're structurally profitable now.

yeah it’s either that, or he has some really damning evidence to back that up. which, if we take into consideration recent events, is highly doubtful. he needs help. and so do we if he keeps this bullshit up.

if there’s something behind this, i’m dying to know what it is. it wouldn’t be good for the market either way.

I don't think anyone is happy about this, but i don't think he can technically get into trouble about this. Didn't violate the deal. Having said that, he should be smart enough to know this doesn't help anything and just makes him look childish. At this point, we'd be better off if the board asked him to get off of Twitter for good.
Agree it's not a violation, and the childishness is not the main concern. The real import is: What's going on that led to this outburst?

Reactions: emorog
The SEC can't do a damn thing right now because there's an agreement. Elon can say whatever he wants indirectly about the SEC. If SEC punishes Elon for mocking them, then that kind of prove Elon being right that the SEC is acting subjectively and not objectively. So whatever, if he wants to vent he can vent.

You're absolutely right. He can.

Whether the board and the instos think it's a good idea may be a different matter.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
EM could leave without slamming the door - he is after all a major shareholder, so our loss is his loss too.

PS. Is EM allowed to buy TSLA between now and the Q3 ER ? Maybe he is looking to create a buying opportunity (if not for himself, then for those who endure TSLA's high volatility) ...
Then he'd really be behind bars...

Reactions: neroden
yeah it’s either that, or he has some really damning evidence to back that up. which, if we take into consideration recent events, is highly doubtful. he needs help. and so do we if he keeps this bullshit up.

if there’s something behind this, i’m dying to know what it is. it wouldn’t be good for the market either way.

this is the peso stuff all over again. he's been so damn erratic lately.

False. The judge has asked for Tesla and the SEC to write a letter why the agreement is fair. So the agreement may be thrown out by the judge.

So maybe the SEC backed out of the agreement and that's why Elon is pissed. That's about the only explanation that would somewhat justify his response. But even in that case, he's only helping the shorts by not being more professional about it all...

I don't think anyone is happy about this, but i don't think he can technically get into trouble about this.
He can. The deal isn't signed-and-sealed, and so the SEC can back out. (Of course, they were apparently rushing to finish before the end of the fiscal year, but that shouldn't be relevant any more.)

Didn't violate the deal. Having said that, he should be smart enough to know this doesn't help anything and just makes him look childish. At this point, we'd be better off if the board asked him to get off of Twitter for good.
...and more to the point, Musk can get into trouble with the *Board*, who have already told him to stop making stupid tweets.

My long-term investment thesis for Tesla has *always* been looking to the 250K/year production of Model 3 (and then the 500K/year production of Model 3), and I'm sticking with the company until the financial results of those production levels come out. Musk or no Musk.

Status
Not open for further replies.