Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt once the letter comes out, people will be studying the first word of every paragraph, to see if, taken together, they form some hidden sentence, as well as make note of the first letter of each line of text, in case there's a secret message there ("SEC, go f*** yourself"). What a world. :)

OK, I'll take the other side of my own position for a moment as some of this could be happening too...

Did anyone see Big Bang Theory last week? When Sheldon and Amy got that crystal for their wedding gift? They invented an elaborate plot as a mystery hunt, and believed it. In the end it was nothing. Just like when the Vikings threw rocks at the Gods (Eclipse) and made the sun return successfully 100% of the time!

To that, I'll just say "it comes with the package" and still long as a bet on the planet.

Wow! CNBC actually trying to give credence to Einhorn’s ridiculous comparison to Lehman right now. Thankfully, they have someone on who is stating with facts (i) Einhorn’s poor performance and (ii) how foolish the comparison is to Lehman (“we have sources inside the company who say that the company has never been doing better”). The bull shareholder did, however, state that Musk’s behavior is worrying some and they are concerned (but, not changing their positive views on the company). When I see what CNBC has been doing all day, I can understand why Musk is so frustrated.

Exactly! And he's mocking the system to show how ridiculous it is. Again I say it's on purpose, hence "Ignore the Headlines" (and for now, ignore the SP because it doesn't affect the long and faithful). Can't wait for Q3 results for some more profit skimming. It will probably happen quickly and then FUDsville again. It will explode eventually but no crystal ball on when, just hang on people and enjoy the ride.

He needs PR people. Tesla needs to get out of the news cycle. The news is always negative, by saying anything you insert yourself into it. I might agree with everything he tweets, but it seems likely that an epic short squeeze could have already happened if he deleted his twitter account in July.

he should apologize to the SEC, stock will pop 20% on Monday. Rinse, repeat next Friday.

This would be logical for the typical CEO. Unfortunately, I think he might be honest about why he settled and take the position that he could have fought and won, while calling out to the 99% how the system is so rigged against the planet to gain even more branding strength. The Band-aid will hurt if he rips it off.

Oh, here come the disagrees... but I don't write to please anyone.

He needs PR people. Tesla needs to get out of the news cycle. The news is always negative, by saying anything you insert yourself into it. I might agree with everything he tweets, but it seems likely that an epic short squeeze could have already happened if he deleted his twitter account in July.

I'm not singling out Elon here too, everyone should delete their twitter. It's stupid. for real.

I'm not singling out Elon here too, everyone should delete their twitter. It's stupid. for real.

having the same though here. I will start by unfollowing Elon for a while ;) If I don't hear anything on TMC or SP doesn't go off like crazy, I know all is good

For those asking him to take a break from twitter, why are we still following him?

BTW . Disagrees on twitter can get you blocked :)

Are you saying that your broker made you agree to allow them to lend your shares? Or have you not bothered to read it?

You do not need to make this personal.

The fact is that when an individual signs up for some internet-based service this includes agreeing to terms in a wording so lengthy and difficult to understand that it has its own name, legalese.

While a brokerage account is more important than your average internet-based service, I think it is disingenuous to act as if people in general read, understand and accept every part of the agreement they are not only required to sign, but which may also subsequently be unilaterally modified by the other party, following an email to you with even more legalese to go through.

When I click 'I agree', I always assume that I am giving away any right that is not specifically protected by the law.

having the same though here. I will start by unfollowing Elon for a while ;)

For those asking him to take a break from twitter, why are we still following him?

BTW . Disagrees on twitter can get you blocked :)

I don't follow anyone because I don't have an account.

My views on Twitter are not new. It has severely hampered intellectual/political/etc discourse of all types. Nowadays "winning" on Twitter is finding the most creative way to call someone a racist or a commie (depending on what side you are on) in 140 characters or less.

My views on Twitter are not new. It has severely hampered intellectual/political/etc discourse of all types. Nowadays "winning" on Twitter is finding the most creative way to call someone a racist or a commie (depending on what side you are on) in 140 characters or less.
280. Please try to keep up.

Isn’t it 280 characters now? Nazi lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.