Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi "sponsored" the Iron man movies, that's what all the heroes drive in the IM movies.

Regardless of the brand, given that the hero is a guy who has a practically unlimited amount of electric power being generated in his chest, clearly the sort of vehicle he should be driving is an EV. I mean, he could bloody well power it himself without a battery ;) There's no logic whatsoever to him driving an ICE.

With the new IPCC report out today that continues to confirm what is happening to our planet, I would like to take the time to give a big F_U to all the shorts out there that are trying to destroy/cripple a company like Tesla that is making the world a better place. And I'll go so far as to say I think it should be a crime right now.....well, it's a crime against humanity anyway.....

I'll take a wager as to what's going on.

HEADLINE: Musk Hasn't Tweeted So Far Today

We go live to Wall Street for some reactions.

4e62f4_4b7ff5c0f46b45e5836677d767176819~mv2.jpg

640x-1.jpg

rally-604cs041813.jpg

Jim-Cramer2-600x360.jpg

Stock-Market-Rally-Up.jpg

So.. IB has 2.4 million shares available with a relatively low fee rate. I haven't seen IB have this kind of inventory at all - I've been saving daily snapshots since 2015. The fee rate has definitely been lower but with interest rates on the rise in general that would make sense as well.

I think it is undeniable that short interest is on the decline. So some shorts are taking advantage and covering here - since they have seen the delivery report and can do the math.

On that note though - did someone cancel the MMD? Or is it just delayed today?

Wow Tesla is looking strong today, while all the FANGs stocks (Netflix, Apple, Amazon’s...) are all down Tesla is up!

Agreed, Tesla is bucking the trend during amateur hour. It has successfully held the 260 level the last 3X it has touched it since sept. Barring any major news item, I don't see it falling below that. Will be interesting to see if it creeps up to its old support at 300.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
I hope this motivates our government to act quickly, before it’s too late. If we go past a certain threshold, then there’s no coming back.

You will have to pin that hope on your state government,
according to the federal one, no policy change related to global warning
is needed, the logic being that it is already too late to make a difference,
so why bother:

The Trump administration has entered Stage 5 climate denial | Dana Nuccitelli

Yes, I am not kidding.

Worst thing about the Iron Man movies is all the ICE supercars Tony Stark is driving,. Was maybe understandable for the first one, but 2 and 3 needed a Model S (maybe crushing a d-bag villain in a supercar to explain why).

Edit: realized I forgot to mention d-bags in original post
Well making a movie is not cheap so Audi paid a pretty penny to be in the movie. Tony did however drove an Audi r8 E-tron in the third one. That's still something.

I just googled "safest cars" and looked at the top hits. None of them included Teslas on their list. What's up with that?

top of the google results are reports by MM.
They report what they want in the way they want and of course as even some members of TMC suggest they don't lie. It just happens that they omit Tesla "because of negligence".
More of it, since Tesla "fiasco" when the Model S took the top (2014? I don't remember already), all major MMs suddenly switch to IiHS which represents insurance providers and is much more arbitrary than NHTSA.

IIHS didn't test Tesla in 2018. In 2017 they somehow found that Tesla model S has inadequate low beam headlights.

With the new IPCC report out today that continues to confirm what is happening to our planet, I would like to take the time to give a big F_U to all the shorts out there that are trying to destroy/cripple a company like Tesla that is making the world a better place. And I'll go so far as to say I think it should be a crime right now.....well, it's a crime against humanity anyway.....

They are definitely not on the right side of history. Elon is doing everything in his power to accelerate the process. He released his patents, urged other companies to build gigafactories like structure because he can't do it all. What do we get? Constant attack on the company, taking drone pictures of 2 hours worth of model 3 production and say "there's no demand!". We have the tech to be carbon free. I have solar that offset 110% with a Tesla model 3. You already pay for gas and electricity, why not just stop and even save you hundreds of dollars a month by just biting the bullet? You really think a newly renovated kitchen is going to give you the same return over 10 years vs solar plus a Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.