Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My reaction to this "new" analysis

obvious.gif

Last edited:
Guys, this report is invaluable:

https://citronresearch.com/wp-conte...opinion-on-Tesla-too-compelling-to-ignore.pdf

Nothing new for us, but the important thing: A bear that other bears will listen for 5 minutes is raising, one by one, the most relevant points that have been ignored by the bears for years now...

Some pearls:

"We’re seeing that demand is new this year and pulling directly from TSLA's competitors"

"Like a magic trick, while everyone is focused on Elon smoking weed, he is quietly smoking the whole automotive industry."

"There is NO Tesla killer. Competition is nowhere to be found and no electric vehicle is slated to launch at the Model 3 price point until 2021"
It’s hard not to love it, but reading Citron’s report makes me feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone.

Funny how, in one day, people went from lamenting that nothing will change the shorts’ minds to anger that a short changed his mind. How dare he finally understand and accept the bull thesis that the longs on twitter have been yelling at him all this time.

I’d rather see him squeezed, too, but if he’s smart enough to come along for the ride, more power to him.

Andrew Left and Chanos
Walked on a mile or so,
And then they rested on a rock
Conveniently low:
And all the SA bears stood
And waited in a row.

"The time has come," Andrew Left said,
"To talk of many things:
Of factories--and batteries--
Of CEOs--and kings--
And why the stock is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

"But wait a bit," SA bears cried,
"Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!"
"No hurry!" said Jim Chanos
They thanked him much for that.

"A loaf of bread," Andrew Left said,
"Is what we chiefly need:
Pepper and vinegar besides
Are very good indeed--
Now if you're ready, SA bears dear,
We can begin to feed."

"But not on us!" SA bears cried,
Turning a little blue.
"After such kindness, that would be
A dismal thing to do!"
"The night is fine," Andrew Left said.
"Do you admire the view?

"I weep for you," Andrew Left said:
"I deeply sympathize."
With sobs and tears he sorted out
Those of the largest size,
Holding his pocket-handkerchief
Before his streaming eyes.

"O SA bears," said Jim Chanos,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.

I’m not happy about this reversal. It smells like a major set up. Nobody/no company changes 180 degrees like this unless Elon Musk/Tesla.

No sirree, I am not convinced by this report.
I think this reversal makes sense. They can hype the stock upto $599, then resume shorting above $600. They'll have the opportunity to short Tesla from $600 to $400, which gives them much better upside potential than trying to the stock under $300. The price suppression going on is absurd. The stock needs to be thoroughly hyped up to become a good short target again.

I hope most people agree, the real heroes are Elon Musk and all the people at Tesla. They work super hard and make a positive impact to the world. Everything Citron described in it's report is old news. Real Tesla investors know those as a fact for a long time.

I have zero admiration for Citron, Chanos, Einhorn, etc. In my view they are blood sucking parasites that do shady things to manipulate the market from time to time. Citron report means nothing to me.

I continue to save cash and will do my part when Tesla needs support.

On a more serious note, how frikkin devious are there guys?! If they went neutral in light of developments, I'd be like "OK". But to do a 180 like that 1 day before ER.... Is anyone to seriously believe they have just learned these amazing facts and realized their erroneous ways??

You all should expect more of those to happen.

Don't be surprised if strong short sellers will claim later they always did know Tesla will succeed one day. No shame out there.

The media will "forget" what happened turn 180 degree praising the cars and not ask the shorts what they thought in the past. Shorts will claim "well Tesla did bad at those days as you can see in the SP but when they managed to get there issues fixed in particular with the help from the SEC we assessed and came to the conclusions ... blablabla..."

This is how it works. They optimize their situation, violating rules and laws, mislead small investors and try to play the market.

Nobody should have illusions about them.

Nothings changed and Citron is full of *sugar* ..... they have simply changed the narrative to suit their position. If the SEC wants to really reform the market they should start with "ANALYSTS" .... I pity those who rely on these morons for investing advice.

Tesla killing the competition is no surprise .... they took around 400,000 reservations with people putting $1k on a car they had never seen before. The demand is there and it's real ... ICE car companies are in for a lot of pain coming up, some will make the transition to EV and do ok as there will be a huge market but many others will simply go the way of: Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola, Blackberry, Palm ... when Apple introduced the iPhone.

iPhone=Model3

That's all the analysis you need.

I'm pretty sure most people (even those in this thread) own something OTHER than tesla as well. NSDQ is hammered, which I would bet is where many of those stocks reside.

I'm really liking this TSLA move though, can't decide whether to take todays pop or wait for AH pop after earnings. Do we have the time for the call yet? If it's late west coast, I might have to take the $$ before the call is over.

If there is a close over 285 will that change your mind? I believe you said you would be a buyer in that circumstance.

• Funny
Reactions: humbaba
Funny how, in one day, people went from lamenting that nothing will change the shorts’ minds to anger that a short changed his mind. How dare he finally understand and accept the bull thesis that the longs on twitter have been yelling at him all this time.

I’d rather see him squeezed, too, but if he’s smart enough to come along for the ride, more power to him.
just keep in mind that there's a lot of people here with a smear of opinions across a range. I have certainly been concerned about the inability to change shorts minds (because they have been profiting from the stock price manipulation). But I'm not angry about their two-faced, duplicitous, insincere reversal.

just keep in mind that there's a lot of people here with a smear of opinions across a range. I have certainly been concerned about the inability to change shorts minds (because they have been profiting from the stock price manipulation). But I'm not angry about their two-faced, duplicitous, insincere reversal.
I think some will have to change their shorts...

If there is a close over 285 will that change your mind? I believe you said you would be a buyer in that circumstance.
I've already posted before that a solid close over 285$ would move me to accumulate.. at least up till ER or after hours ER depending on the ER pop that might come from the headline numbers. If we're up over 285$, I'll accumulate even now till tomorrow but with a pop during ER (assuming it's all prior to after market close) up to 310+, I'd be a new seller.

Reactions: skybluecgreen
The media will "forget" what happened turn 180 degree praising the cars and not ask the shorts what they thought in the past. Shorts will claim "well Tesla did bad at those days as you can see in the SP but when they managed to get there issues fixed in particular with the help from the SEC we assessed and came to the conclusions ... blablabla..."

No doubt, many will claim credit for the turn around by bringing light to the issues that Tesla needed to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.