Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
There is a battle going on to bring the SP below 350. Its going to be interesting where we end today since 350 is a popular strike price with a lot of open interest (>11k calls and >8k puts).

Indeed, and this is a significant monthly expiration day for options. As you note, open interest and trading volume are huge today at the $350 strike price for both TSLA calls and puts.

Many market makers and hedge funds would likely want the closing price today to be as close to $350 as possible. They would be willing to accept small losses in trades made today of actual shares, if that will insure they can keep most of the premiums in options they wrote. Actually, any stock trades they do today can be undone on Monday, perhaps even at profits. Of course there is no assurance that they will accomplish their mission.

3m3 minutes ago
This is not for everyone, so DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, but I just sold mine only to support and invest in the company that is changing our world for the better, literally betting the house on @elonmusk and the 45,000-strong @Tesla team. #TeamElon
ValueAnalyst on Twitter

@ValueAnalyst ,Thats a bold move but consequent and if you make a profound analysis and concludes as some here did already that the best is still to come, a meaningful step to do.

No investment advice for anybody as you need to be pretty stress resistant and have the long term objective in mind and most investors can't manage the stress a down turn includes. But if you do you will receive a huge payback.

Perhaps the shorts' gravest (let's hope not literally for them in coming months) miscalculation is to misapprehend the psychology of the retail longs:

When people get it, they really get it (meaning both the company and the mission) and jump in with both feet.

The shorts' shenanigans have driven away the faint of heart/head, so more and more of TSLA is held in the strong, safe hands of those who know the score.

The SP's gyrations have de-sensitized both longs and shorts to steep SP movements. This has tended to harden the longs and concentrate long positions, while blinding the shorts.

Truly, longs need stress resistance. Early this year, I stepped in even more heavily so I could vote for Elon (though not the house, quite). So my timing made this a rocky year for me to watch TSLA. But, in this particular game of chicken, we longs don't swerve because we support the mission and we know Tesla has the cars. We also know that Elon has built Tesla into an innovation machine. Oh, and we'll probably make out like bandits within a handful of years.

Not an advice here.

Truly, longs need stress resistance. Early this year, I stepped in even more heavily so I could vote for Elon (though not the house, quite). So my timing made this a rocky year for me to watch TSLA. But, in this particular game of chicken, we longs don't swerve because we support the mission and we know Tesla has the cars. We also know that Elon has built Tesla into an innovation machine. Oh, and we'll probably make out like bandits within a handful of years.

Not an advice here
Also not-a-tent I hope ...

Truly, longs need stress resistance. Early this year, I stepped in even more heavily so I could vote for Elon (though not the house, quite). So my timing made this a rocky year for me to watch TSLA.
After not doing anything with TSLA for 7 years, I started buying after going private tweet. So, yes, its been a rocky couple of months for sure ;)

Trump is nominating the acting EPA chief for the permanent role. As bad as Pruitt. This is where Dems not having a majority in the Senate hurts us.

Andrew R. Wheeler (born December 23, 1964) is an American lawyer, former lobbyist and since July 9, 2018 Acting Administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).[2] He previously worked in the law firm Faegre Baker Daniels, representing coal magnate Robert E. Murray and lobbying against the Obama Administration's environmental regulations.[3] Wheeler served chief counsel to the United States Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works and to the chairman U.S. Senator James Inhofe, prominent for his rejection of climate change.[4] Wheeler is a critic of limits on greenhouse gas emissions and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.[5]

Trump is nominating the acting EPA chief for the permanent role. As bad as Pruitt. This is where Dems not having a majority in the Senate hurts us.
It's also annoying because I have a bunch of people on the M3 FB group trying to convince me that Trumpers aren't generally hostile to EVs/green tech.

I don't see the EV credits being changed/renewed. His base won't like to see that.

Disagree just because this makes me so freaking mad!
What madness is on display!
Yes - basically Trump picks the most extreme Republicans for all the posts. From Sessions to DeVos to Bolton to now Wheeler. Difficult to name a single sane person in his cabinet.

In market news, NASDAQ has now run up for the 3rd time today. The Market can't decide today what to do.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and Thumper
I don't see the EV credits being changed/renewed. His base won't like to see that.
Yes - his base won't like it. But unless he starts tweeting about it or Fox News starts talking about it, they won't hear about it.

So far it seems, he is content to just tweet about social issues. That is what really fires his base.

Status
Not open for further replies.