Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re celebrating for the fact that they were almost right. That they were almost correct in their assumptions, they’re celebrating for feeling slightly less ashamed, slightly more face and that absolutely matters when your ego was injured in a wrong way bet; especially if they shorted the farm.
When you have an insider draining your funds (by about 9 million) it is hard to keep your head above the normal costs.
Besides, Elon was able to yank the train back on the tracks! Through the help and support of True believers, Tesla IS a reality

Wow, that's pathetic. The Volt is easily the best plug-in hybrid out there. GM never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity, does it?
It's easily the best plug-in hybrid, but it's not even a good car IMO, at least for the Gen 2.

I found the cabin ergonomics to be poor, outward visibility was extremely poor (I'm 6'1" and could see out of my former Miatas better... with their tops up), suspension tuning was downright awful on uneven road surfaces (so underdamped and undersprung that I was actually nauseous from a short test drive), the back seat is incredibly cramped, etc., etc. Instead, I bought a Prius (Prime wasn't out yet, I wanted to buy before it would be out, and I didn't like the cargo space penalty of Toyota's awful battery packaging).

To contrast, the Model 3 is both an excellent EV and an excellent car (I don't like that it's a sedan instead of a liftback, but beyond that...) That might just affect sales a little. ;)

I'm not sure the GM production numbers are equivalent to the Tesla production numbers. Tesla is way more vertically integrated and does more than just assembly. (Which my understanding is that these are mainly assembly plants.)
Yeah, GM likes to have powertrain manufacturing and sometimes even stamping offsite, and then ship to a plant for assembly. That will affect capacity greatly.

As far as where to put such a site... Lordstown might not be so bad, because AFAIK it has two rail lines (Norfolk Southern and CSX) that go straight to Buffalo, could be useful for providing battery capacity to GF2 if needed (would simplify shipping of whole home power solutions if the batteries and solar panels were produced near each other).

We can probably get one of those Detroit plants for free in 2020 when Model Y is ramping. That state will be on its knees begging for Tesla to knock on its door.

Since Elon Musk was a member of the socalled Paypal-Mafia he might make Michigan's governor an offer that is difficult to refuse:

"That's a nice, large, automotive workforce you have there. Would be a shame if something bad happened to it".

Especially because turnabout is fair play.

it is the geek standing at the back of the hall during Prom.

BTW., while you are right about the Volt, geeks and their tech support abilities and online skills and are a lot more popular these days, now that technology is such a cornerstone of social interactions.

Non-technical nerds are the new geeks.

Wtf did I just read. God damn it Elon, how stupid can one be? Very nice to give more FUD to the shorts. I really do not want to know that

1. Tesla would have died nearly and the only reason it didn't was you working 120 hours a week
2. That you call that very painful and you regret doing it.

Wtf? How should I, as an investor, now look forward for GF3 production ramp and Model Y ramp. What if you die, Elon or what if you just aren't able or willing to work 120 hours anymore???

I see Stock testing 300 today God damn it
Keep in mind the SEC's investigation on the MS3 ramp up, you have to present facts to the investors or face charges of misleading wall street. Elon is honest and crafty.

Was a big red one right at the death, but didn't impact much...

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 22.10.24.png

Since Elon Musk was a member of the socalled Paypal-Mafia he might make Michigan's governor an offer that is difficult to refuse:

"That's a nice, large, automotive workforce you have there. Would be a shame if something bad happened to it".

Especially because turnabout is fair play.
The legislative change was literally an 11th hour wording modification that blocked Tesla.
Tesla demands Michigan officials' records for 'Anti-Tesla' law

Don't hold it against the incoming administration until we see how they handle the current suit. Michigan's current AG/ gov were also the ones that sued (and lost) to keep monies from the teachers after the retirement plan was ruled unconstitutional...
Michigan Supreme Court orders $550M returned to teachers in 3% lawsuit

No it will not. We are going to stop this carbon mess and then reverse the process.

I like your optimism. However, the rising levels of CO2 in the atmosphere can cause Earth's large bodies of ice to melt.

This large scale phase change is not going to reverse and come back to anything close to status quo just because the level of CO2 stabilizes. Rather, one would need to engineer a new ice age to re-solidify all that water. The whole thing is literally an experiment with our planet that is beyond the pale...

Good point. :)

And if Tesla were to consider buying a GM plant in Michigan, as part of the deal the state may have to allow Tesla stores and service centers.
Tesla/Musk should announce: "Well, if Michigan will embrace Tesla we'll buy the Volt plant and re-employ many of those people, otherwise we'll set up in Ohio or Indiana and offer subsidies to ex-GM employees to move."

Oil is down because of a supply gut, after Iranian sanctions failed to reduce the supply of oil due to exemptions within the sanctions regime. Meanwhile the US is now pumping 11M bpd and is a net exporter. Saudis have not yet cut production.

Supply > Demand

Oil Prices Tank As Supply Glut Fears Return | OilPrice.com
I sometimes get the idea for the oil glut was to stave off inflation and the impending conclusion of a recession. The consumer is buying those high priced, thirsty trucks and RV's, banking on an average $3 a gallon price. The old days can come again, we usually don't learn from the past nearly as well as we should

Oil is down because of a supply gut, after Iranian sanctions failed to reduce the supply of oil due to exemptions within the sanctions regime. Meanwhile the US is now pumping 11M bpd and is a net exporter. Saudis have not yet cut production.

Supply > Demand

I sometimes get the idea for the oil glut was to stave off inflation and the impending conclusion of a recession. The consumer is buying those high priced, thirsty trucks and RV's, banking on an average $3 a gallon price. The old days can come again, we usually don't learn from the past nearly as well as we should

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap

Supply > Demand

I sometimes get the idea for the oil glut was to stave off inflation and the impending conclusion of a recession. The consumer is buying those high priced, thirsty trucks and RV's, banking on an average $3 a gallon price. The old days can come again, we usually don't learn from the past nearly as well as we should.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
I was forced to finally read up on Leaf after seeing it on sale for $16k If You Live In Aurora, Colorado, You Can Buy A New Nissan LEAF This Month For $16,360 | CleanTechnica

Seems it has had significant battery degradation issues, like 2.5-5% per year. No thermal battery management system. I think they are supposed to add TMS to the latest battery (I believe the 60kWh). Still, it will not be proven for a while. I figured having half the range left too soon is a big turnoff.
I think in CO your battery degradation won't be big. Its a problem in hot areas like So Cal, FL and Arizona. If you get a LEAF, lease it.

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.