Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say they got away lightly - after all, how many people will have died prematurely as a result?
This is just a first ballpark number estimating the damage to shareholders. There's also a class action lawsuit recently filed by a German consumer protection group and ADAC, the biggest German automobile association. That one is only about damage to car owners. Not aware of any further ongoing legal action but it's far from over.

Any chance of breaking 365 on this current trajectory? Maybe this week?

Others could correct me if wrong, but I think it depends on how quickly upper BB moves in response to the movement. In looking back, it does seem to be a pretty good predictor for upper SP limits. While periodically breached, the price always reverts to below upper BB as best I can tell. (See inserted image below for example).

46013924252_4d01cbca85_o.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Elon has a plan. He's going to move all that water to Mars. :p
All he needs is to invent electric rockets, so they can tow big ice-bergs into space :p
Then all the ice-bergs that break off from the Arctic or Antarctica could be towed out to space and sling-shot into mars orbit.

OK, I show myself out...

the "cost" of Saudi oil is not higher, but their NEED for the price to be above a certain point in order to meet their current and planned obligations IS Much higher. I've seen numbers well north of 80$ just to break even. (its well over 100$ a barrel for Russia to meet even SOME of their obligations)

At this point in their history, they are borrowing over 80BILLION a year in debt just to make ends meet.
I've not looked at it in a while, but $80 looks high.

Either way - here is what KSA wants. It wants the oil to be higher than their breakeven - but lower than the breakeven of Iran (which is higher than KSA). This is all you need to know about oil prices ;)

Bears are having a celebration right now on Stocktwits and Twitter. I know it’s not bearish, but shorts will paint it bearish on the charts

Just to follow up, because I’m just getting back to this now: those same bears just saw the SP rise $17/share immediately after that. Their celebrations just make their immediate downfall all the sweeter.

No - India.

But what India experienced is nothing compared to what "pilgrim" colonialists did to native Americans. Afterall Asia managed to survive colonialism - while 99% of Americans didn't.

In market news - I was hoping we'd wipe out "Thanksgiving" week losses today - we almost did. Nice. Hope we'll breach 260 this week - so I can finally roll my J'19 calls with most of the gains intact.

The survey was going strong until someone posted objections :eek: now it is stuck at "Answered:100 Skipped:27" :(

Last call to the lurking billionaires out there to party with us:

Survey link: TMC tsla investor survey
Result link: TMC tsla investor survey

By the way I have added more choices to accommodate you guys: 5M - 10M, 10M - 1B, 1B+:rolleyes:

One more participant - interesting, I am as mainstram as it gets except not being from the US.

I think action is significantly related to Nissan news. The 60kWh Leaf was touted as a base Model 3 competitor.
I was forced to finally read up on Leaf after seeing it on sale for $16k If You Live In Aurora, Colorado, You Can Buy A New Nissan LEAF This Month For $16,360 | CleanTechnica

Seems it has had significant battery degradation issues, like 2.5-5% per year. No thermal battery management system. I think they are supposed to add TMS to the latest battery (I believe the 60kWh). Still, it will not be proven for a while. I figured having half the range left too soon is a big turnoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.