Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that there's been a software/hardware issue with as of yet. It's all user error from what I gather.

Certainly Elon could be accused of putting a dangerous tool in the hands of idiots, but he's already made up his mind on doing that.
Anybody building cars is putting a dangerous tool in the hands of idiots.

In another thread people suggested that those buying with margin place a high dollar limit sell order to prevent shares being lent to shorts.
Do the markets see outstanding limit orders that are placed, or is that internal to the brokerage and as a result have no impact on share price. My question relates to if large numbers of shares had limit orders for say $350, would others know and would it have any impact?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Lending rates at Fidelity are up again, to 1.25%. Suggests net shorting continues to increase.

Tempting to speculate that someone is trying to keep a lid on this but the volume is overwhelming. Either way, starting to get interesting ....

And some of my odds and ends were newly borrowed. I'm almost fully lent out.

This is very good. I thought this racket was over long ago.

Has anyone been following block trades (10,000sh and more)? I am with child (as Stephen Maturin would be wont to say) to learn what the next batch of 13-Fs show us about which fund managers window dressed over the past two weeks (the dingledongs)...but even more so, I truly suspect a goodly amount of the rebound this week has been driven by large accumulators.

And no, the AudubonB Global Master Outperform High Alpha Supreme Fund aint'a one of those.

I feel the need to create something with a great acronym.....:)

I just want to point out how much the BS shorts have quieted in this thread lately.

You know it’s FUD when they only participate when they’re trying to take advantage of a dip.

For those shorts who continue to participate during an upturn and bring legitimate concerns to the conversation, great. But the rest of the shorts (which is most of then) are just like flies that appear after a horse drops a load on the ground. They appear and swarm annoyingly as long as they smell poopie, but they move on when the smell goes away.

BTW this move isn't short covering...at least if shorts are covering there are more shorts replacing them than are covering
upload_2018-4-5_11-11-3.png

Matthew S Unterman on Twitter

BTW this move isn't short covering...at least if shorts are covering there are more shorts replacing them than are covering
View attachment 291996
Matthew S Unterman on Twitter

So best guess is institutional buying, or just general TSLA sentiment improving.

So yet again, stubborn shorts will get margin calls and the cycle repeats again.

If their goal is to make money, you’d think statistically they might want to try longing for a bit o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.