Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS released a new clip with at least some new parts. Elon says he doesn’t respect the SEC, which we all knew already:

Elon Musk: "I have no respect for the SEC" - CBS News
He also stated this his tweets are not being reviewed, unless it might affect the stock, but he might make some mistakes and not ask for things to be reviewed when they should have been! I think tomorrow will be a bad day for the share price with this headline!

He also stated this his tweets are not being reviewed, unless it might affect the stock, but he might make some mistakes and not ask for things to be reviewed when they should have been! I think tomorrow will be a bad day for the share price with this headline!
The stock has been pretty immune to fud recently. If this doesn’t move the stock that would be a major buy signal.

A bad headline for a story stock. TSLA is no longer a story stock. Water off a duck's back is my expectation.

He said maybe 5-6 months for 35k car, but sounded uncertain. That seems longer than the ~February date for the new cheaper battery pack that he has mentioned before! Demand is likely high enough for the higher-priced variants that it doesn't matter (and this may even be part of the reason for the delay), but that's something else that won't make for a good headline.

OT

Deceleration based pressurization can't push water uphill/ against deceleration (unless you have a piston denser than water). Having the water tank in the nose could cause self pressurization due to reentry heat.

Shuttle deceleration was under 2 G due to long time spent in thinner upper atmosphere (benefit of lifting body.

Could also have smaller than insect size holes or keep air flowing out of them when outside. Need to deal with being on Mars (dust wise).

Agree on failsafe.
If that backup works, what is the advantage of the primary steam system?

I wonder if it would be similar to the Saturn V engines which used the turbo pump exhaust as a thermal barrier in the nozzle. Feeding water at the leading edge would cause a steam barrier of rapidly expanding volume that keeps the reentry plasma away from the skin. Wouldn't need holes along the entire surface. Sort of like the water drop on a hot skillet trick, water skates around on a steam barrier instead of just boiling off.
I'm too ignorant on the subject to offer much but why does it have to be water that's used? Isn't there another coolant analogous to ethylene glycol that has a much higher boiling point that might work?

He said maybe 5-6 months for 35k car, but sounded uncertain. That seems longer than the ~February date for the new cheaper battery pack that he has mentioned before! Demand is likely high enough for the higher-priced variants that it doesn't matter (and this may even be part of the reason for the delay), but that's something else that won't make for a good headline.

I don’t think you’re scaring anyone, but keep up the FUD.

He said maybe 5-6 months for 35k car, but sounded uncertain. That seems longer than the ~February date for the new cheaper battery pack that he has mentioned before!

That's fully expected: they'll likely release the Standard Range pack with premium interior and maybe even AWD initially.

This is standard practice in the automotive industry: when supply constrained sell the higher margin versions first.

So IMO it might be well into 2019 until they'll release the $35k version - I'd say July-August when the tax credit goes down another step.

Nothing too bad was said. We all hate the SEC now, old news. No effect on stock price is my guess. Long tsla

Excluding PEA and abattement sur durée de detention and all the other niches. I never paid these 36+% on capital tax gains (and don't expect to, thanks Macron!) but I do pay more than 41% on each extra € I earn from work. No wonder why people are angry...
Plus you pay both GST and VAT. It amazes me that even while paying for freight, I can buy certain album collections cheaper from Amazon France than Amazon US because I don't pay VAT. I'm talking a 20% discount! What is the annual French federal budget deficit, just curious. People here are so ignorant about fiscal items that they don't realize the Chinese are to a large extent financing the US by purchasing so much of our debt.

"The SB1 incentive package included $195 million in Transferrable Tax Credits...As of December 1, 2018 Tesla, has received Transferable Tax Credits in the amount of $173,087,499 based on job creation and capital investment."

Actual data provided by Tesla for June 30, 2018 shows 7,059 employees, ... The count of qualified employees, as at June 30, 2018 is 4,247...A non-qualified employee is an employee at the site who has not been employed for three consecutive months.

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Nothing too bad was said. We all hate the SEC now, old news. No effect on stock price is my guess. Long tsla

Yeah that segment pretty much had no new info. Disappointing and almost boring as I was hoping for something fresh.

Instead it was 10 minutes of rehashing the last year’s info with pessimistic questions. It was a yawner for me.

Wow. I didn't watch it yet, but I read the whole interview and overall, including the crap they show that was wriitten about Elon and the company, I think the interview and Elon and the company came off pretty well and pretty honest. As was said earlier, there is a LOT of what was said and shown to Leslie that probably could have shown what Tesla has done and will do that could have shown it in a more positive light, but I think this interview that will be seen by millions of people will help folks understand what Tesla and Elon is all about, improving and helping to save the world. More power to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.