Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here - I had never seen "mm" used to mean "million" until today. Clearly it's not something that's in general usage, as many people here aren't recognizing it. So... don't do it.

Otherwise I'm going to start referring to thousands like 1þ, 2þ, 3þ, etc, and then when people get confused and complain, respond "well everyone I talk to around here understands it, so you just need to get used to it..." ;)

Check out Elon’s “likes” today. Hilarious

31AEF8F2-58E6-4B5A-BE66-A73D8864B975.jpeg

I haven’t seen this linked to previously “If you could handle the insanity, Tesla was the best auto stock to invest in for 2018”. If you could handle the insanity, Tesla was the best auto stock to invest in for 2018 I know it’s BI but Matt Debord is the author & gave a complimentary review of M3 earlier this year. Money quote is “Tesla — the ultimate defensive stock!” He directly compares stock price performance of several automakers and notes additional positive developments on the horizon for Tesla. Still makes the mistake of thinking T is merely a car company...

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
I haven’t seen this linked to previously “If you could handle the insanity, Tesla was the best auto stock to invest in for 2018”. If you could handle the insanity, Tesla was the best auto stock to invest in for 2018 I know it’s BI but Matt Debord is the author & gave a complimentary review of M3 earlier this year. Money quote is “Tesla — the ultimate defensive stock!” He directly compares stock price performance of several automakers and notes additional positive developments on the horizon for Tesla. Still makes the mistake of thinking T is merely a car company...
Two anecdotes on how MSM coverage of Tesla really affects Tesla.

One of my friends I had not met in months just bought an Infiniti. After talking to me he said he would have got a Tesla instead - if he hadn't read about all those articles on how Tesla may go bankrupt.

I was telling another one how I was investing in TSLA - and he was like, aren't they in danger of going bankrupt ?

MSM has great influence on both Tesla sales & investments.

So, that is still an overall agreement, right ? Not a discussion about every trade ?

Yes. And yes, a discussion about every trade. We don’t day trade, but if one of us was a professional day trader then there’d be an overall agreement with the professional having the power to make the final decision, as long as it followed the prediscussed agreed upon plan.

Perhaps the reason this works for us is that we pool our money to get maximum use of it. There are lots of couples who keep their money separate. I have friends who don’t even know how much their spouses make. I have friends who hide purchases from spouses or lie about how much they paid for things.

Reactions: Dig deeper
Two anecdotes on how MSM coverage of Tesla really affects Tesla.

One of my friends I had not met in months just bought an Infiniti. After talking to me he said he would have got a Tesla instead - if he hadn't read about all those articles on how Tesla may go bankrupt.

I was telling another one how I was investing in TSLA - and he was like, aren't they in danger of going bankrupt ?

MSM has great influence on both Tesla sales & investments.

Well, like I always say, not everyone is suppose to get it. Not everyone knows you shouldn’t arbitrarily believe everything you read or hear.

I’m finding that friends and family are contacting me more often to ask if what they’ve read or heard about Tesla is true or not. So at least some in my circle are starting to understand that media sources aren’t to be trusted.

Perhaps in 5 or 10 years your friends will reflect back on their choices and buy a Tesla then?

I don't want our kids college funds to be completely dependent on Tesla's success.

Insert witty quip regarding graduating from college into a world that can't sustain life:

At least I'm a degreed corpse...
Guess I won't need to pay those student loans off...
I hope SpaceX is still hiring... on Mars.
I hope Boring is still hiring, in the lost world...

Oh yes, then it makes perfect sense.

We keep our investments separate to better match our risk profile. It also helps us to diversify as a family. I don't want our kids college funds to be completely dependent on Tesla's success.

We do have some separate investments. Mostly those have to do with before we were a couple and/or related to plans involving companies we used to work for long ago that had employee matched savings/investment programs. Those just sit and grow because they have tight restrictions.

Certainly I can think of reasons for having separatenesses depending on situations.

We have a healthy respect for money, but it doesn’t rule our lives, and we definitely don’t worship it or stuff it can buy. Course I wouldn’t mind my own private tropical island...

Same here - I had never seen "mm" used to mean "million" until today. Clearly it's not something that's in general usage, as many people here aren't recognizing it. So... don't do it.

Otherwise I'm going to start referring to thousands like 1þ, 2þ, 3þ, etc, and then when people get confused and complain, respond "well everyone I talk to around here understands it, so you just need to get used to it..." ;)
It's mostly American investment banks that i have seen use it. I've seen it used by bond traders and issuers on a semi regular basis.

My Model 3 arrived this morning, and my 44 contracts of TSLA at 365 (basically) expired for a net +$10 each this week paying for them! It was a great saturday!
Just making sure...did you sell 44 contracts of calls with strike $365 for net credit $10/share?

If you had call options that is $10 in the money, better make sure the options are auto exercised for you - depending on whether you had enough cash to exercise the options and how your broke handle it you could get screwed...

• Helpful
Reactions: MikeC
Just making sure...did you sell 44 contracts of calls with strike $365 for net credit $10/share?

If you had call options that is $10 in the money, better make sure the options are auto exercised for you - depending on whether you had enough cash to exercise the options and how your broke handle it you could get screwed...

They're covered calls, and I rolled them out Friday afternoon. Had a hunch 365 would be a sticky number this week... next week I'm playing safer on 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.