Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestion for today's opening play? Should I wait for a pull back or go all in as soon as market opens? I would like to go all in today due to the fresh news coming from China, this most likely would lead to Tesla's announcement of a factory in China some time later this year.

Any suggestion for today's opening play? Should I wait for a pull back or go all in as soon as market opens? I would like to go all in today due to the fresh news coming from China, this most likely would lead to Tesla's announcement of a factory in China some time later this year.

Buy when you can. Hold for 2 years. Retire.

I don't think shorts are going to give in easily today.
Seems to be resistance at $300. A bit early to be making these analyses I concede :)

However... what real good will it do for Tesla if tariffs are lowered? Factory is still going 100% full pelt. Chinese tariffs are paid for by the chinese buyers aren't they? I.e. passed on by Tesla to the buyer. If the effective price of the car comes down, sure, that will increase demand, but that doesn't mean the car will make more profit, or that the factory will make more cars.

Agonizing whether I should pull the trigger on more while still under $300. I keep placing my order then cancelling!
Ask yourself if you will be more upset if you buy and it goes down or if you don't buy and it goes up. That should give you your answer. Or, just split your buy up and don't do it all at once. That's often the best approach.

Seems to be resistance at $300. A bit early to be making these analyses I concede :)

However... what real good will it do for Tesla if tariffs are lowered? Factory is still going 100% full pelt. Chinese tariffs are paid for by the chinese buyers aren't they? I.e. passed on by Tesla to the buyer. If the effective price of the car comes down, sure, that will increase demand, but that doesn't mean the car will make more profit, or that the factory will make more cars.

Tariffs are paid for by Chinese peoples and collected by the Chinese Govt. Removal would create more demand - and someone thinking of buying Geely, BYD, Kandi would consider buying a M3(without/less tariffs). In this case More Volume/Demand = More Profit (IMHO )

As happened a week or two ago, I think the shorts are using up all of their dry powder during this first hour of trading, and it looks like they just ran out... while typing this the price has jumped up $2 (to 301.78). I'm not going to guess a price (Mod: good! --ggr) but I think a steady climb is on the cards.

I bought 200 shares at sub 300 a few minutes ago. I punched out fully during the huge dip to 250 and have rebought in since the bottom. Most at 250-260 range but 100 shares at 244.

Holding 800 shares now total in TSLA.

Dont mess me up TSLA... Keep climbing Mt. Short

If I had sold on ATH and rebought at the bottom then I'd have about the same. I'm too frightened to sell, thinking it could go up at any moment...

What I find curious on days like this, is why TLSA follows NASDAQ or macro in general, I would have expected a complete decouple.

Status
Not open for further replies.