Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
December is a QUADRUPLE witching month, so EXTRA witching

I know NOBODY wants to hear this, but 29x. coming.. maybe not today, but I think she's coming. Not a bd thing long term.
Actually, if $29x is coming, maybe I should prep my HELOC (line of credit). I've been massively good on money I borrowed in Feb 2016, and promptly returned that same year. Worth doing it again?
/* joke C'mon Internet, let me know what would you like me to do */
Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 2.29.15 PM.png

OT

Ohio has service and showrooms, it is one of the places people from Michigan go to get a Tesla. Can't blame the state for individual's actions.

Elon responded to the governor of Ohio's tweet from the 18th:

Elon Musk on Twitter
I wonder if this happens that at that point Tesla will FINALLY become America's sweetheart........will it shut up the naysayers when the small little sustainable energy company buys a closing plant from a huge BoS and keeps a lot of local jobs?.............it better.

Well, it IS looking more and more likely that we're going to have a federal government shut-down, vs. the deal that was made with 100% consensus in the senate yesterday. Now, appearing to be scuttled due to the OI

That's what is hitting is a second time today.

Baby Trump not getting his way anymore? I heard that this partial shutdown would have minimal impact... more a scare maybe. Good for Dems for sure (sorry, just had to say that).

Back to the point, I bought anyway... $315 is was really good deal IMO. I almost never hit the lows or highs... who does right? But maybe this time?

Baby Trump not getting his way anymore? I heard that this partial shutdown would have minimal impact... more a scare maybe. Good for Dems for sure (sorry, just had to say that).

Back to the point, I bought anyway... $315 is was really good deal IMO. I almost never hit the lows or highs... who does right? But maybe this time?
Wasn't $260 a month ago better deal? Has something changed, other than SP? Really asking, for someone else's perspective, as it's easy to agree with oneself...

Coupled with a trade war and general instability....not feeling great about the larger economy right now.

I wonder if this happens that at that point Tesla will FINALLY become America's sweetheart........will it shut up the naysayers when the small little sustainable energy company buys a closing plant from a huge BoS and keeps a lot of local jobs?.............it better.

It didn’t when that plant was called NUMMI.

I’m very concerned about Troy’s revised lower production estimate of ~55k for the quarter.

I know we may be able to come up with arguments against, or justifications, but I don’t think there’s any doubt it was a huge piece of negative information. None of the bulls here would have predicted a production of less than 5k/week sustained in q4 after a 5k/week peak way back in Q2.

I’m hopeful the reason is European homologation or slow downs in preparation for SR production. I am scared that it is because of lower demand. I just received an email from Tesla,that I could still get delivery in q4 if I ordered now. They have been doing this for 6 weeks now.

I asked carsonight (the poster on Electrek who seems to have connections with employees on the Panasonic side of GF), and here’s his response:

“I have heard mixed messages. On the one hand, on the Tesla side they worked through Thanksgiving and were worried about
Christmas. Since Thanksgiving, though, there have been a total of 3 days I know of when Model 3 battery production has been halted.”

Status
Not open for further replies.