Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we're in a full-on proper bear market. The market as a whole is going to continue to drop. At least until January, though some people are suggesting six more months!

In a case of bad timing, I'm fully invested. I don't want to sell my TSLA, because it's going to do great once people actually read the deliveries and financial reports. I don't want to sell any of my other stocks (mostly BRK and a merger arbitrage trade, small amounts of four others) because they're now clearly cheaper than their long-term value. I want to harvest the time value off my short puts. So I guess I sit. I may have to take out a margin loan to unwind some of my puts at expiration. I hope the merger cashes out instead.

So, we're in a full-on proper bear market. The market as a whole is going to continue to drop. At least until January, though some people are suggesting six more months!

In a case of bad timing, I'm fully invested. I don't want to sell my TSLA, because it's going to do great once people actually read the deliveries and financial reports. I don't want to sell any of my other stocks (mostly BRK and a merger arbitrage trade, small amounts of four others) because they're now clearly cheaper than their long-term value. I want to harvest the time value off my short puts. So I guess I sit. I may have to take out a margin loan to unwind some of my puts at expiration.
Even bear markets have double digits % upside moves.

Look at the beginning of the last bear market and look at where we are now.
The market is likely to bounce soon.

Attachments

• 1545400888351177270736.png
    1545400888351177270736.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1545401654053544027956.png
    1545401654053544027956.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
OT

The lack of information given to people about how to use opioids properly certainly means that the addiction is frequently inflicted by others.

If the information about how to use them properly was widely available, people wouldn't accidentally become addicted, and the only addicts would be people who voluntarily tried heroin.

Principles for taking opiates which I learned from English MS patients: (1) Never be pain free; just cut it down to where you can tolerate the pain. It's when you're pain-free that you start getting high. (2) Opioids don't start working for half an hour to an hour, so WAIT (in pain), don't take more before then.

You don't hear either of these rules from doctors when they prescribe opioids, which is *messed up*.

I wish I knew how to start some sort of educational campaign to spread this information.

You can count on Purdue Frederick to get the information out. Just look at their full page ads in the NYT and WSJ. They want to help!

OT

The lack of information given to people about how to use opioids properly certainly means that the addiction is frequently inflicted by others.

If the information about how to use them properly was widely available, people wouldn't accidentally become addicted, and the only addicts would be people who voluntarily tried heroin.

Principles for taking opiates which I learned from English MS patients: (1) Never be pain free; just cut it down to where you can tolerate the pain. It's when you're pain-free that you start getting high. (2) Opioids don't start working for half an hour to an hour, so WAIT (in pain), don't take more before then.

You don't hear either of these rules from doctors when they prescribe opioids, which is *messed up*.

I wish I knew how to start some sort of educational campaign to spread this information.
I suspect it’s more complicated. Alcohol has proven genetic disposition. Tobacco another model. Nobody under the age of 50 who smokes routinely didn’t have education

Reactions: SpaceCash

January is only a week away. And if the selling off continues for an additional 6 months, I’ll take it as a historically short bear market.

Some people? Who? Those who are easily swayed by day to day action? Those who want there to be a bear market so advertise that there is one, whether it’s true or not? Those who can manipulate the market and make it what they want it to be?

All I’m seeing is a bunch of bandwagoneers. People are good like that and good at self-fulfillment. People are also really good at labeling.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
January is only a week away. And if the selling off continues for an additional 6 months, I’ll take it as a historically short bear market.

Some people? Who? Those who are easily swayed by day to day action? Those who want there to be a bear market so advertise that there is one, whether it’s true or not? Those who can manipulate the market and make it what they want it to be?

All I’m seeing is a bunch of bandwagoneers. People are good like that and good at self-fulfillment. People are also really good at labeling.

It seems that the plunges nowadays are so fast and deep that bear markets can scarcely last more than a few months. When you gut the market to the tune of fifty percent in three months, where do you go from there? All hail HFTs and algos!

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
OT

I suspect it’s more complicated. Alcohol has proven genetic disposition. Tobacco another model. Nobody under the age of 50 who smokes routinely didn’t have education

That's why the tobacco companies have been documented, for *four decades*, to specifically target their marketing to children, whose brains aren't fully developed. Practically nobody starts smoking as an adult. I think we can say for kids who are convinced by marketing into smoking in elementary school, it is someone else (the tobacco companies) harming them.

OT

Their evil intent goes back to the root of the current problem. In the mid-1990s they financed all the fake research studies showing Opiates are not addictive if used properly for pain. Came out with Oxy Contin the first extended release formulation of the super addictive drug oxycodone. They descended on all the pain centers like cancer clinics to educate everyone as to how superior they were for pain control. They pyramided it out from there into general medical market with the ‘fifth vital sign’ of pain introduced as something that all physicians were supposed to deal with in a primary fashion. Continuous news flows about the untreated nationwide ‘epidemic of pain’, especially in the industry data flows.

Big Pharmas the world over took notice and all jumped in feet first with their own formulations and ad campaigns. Coordinated and deliberate, successful in creating generations of addicts clamoring for their drugs.

And for this the Sackler family gets billions and philanthropic awards.

Technically they are superior at pain control, so they got that right.

Raise your hand if you haven’t yet learned your fellow humans can’t be trusted when money is involved - and that makes this market action related.

Status
Not open for further replies.