Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT
Is one of those the front induction motor? Because non-AWD / non-P rear drive units have been taken apart and they all use SiC mosfets. The induction motors could be different, however.

Nope, as shown in screen shot, that is the rear drive unit page. There is only one item in the front drive unit page and it has a different PN https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47386

May be a running change cost reduction (L-C low cost?).

Reactions: MP3Mike
Just a reminder to read the account description:

Ex-Tesla engineer. EV not Tesla proponent. Yes I have driven many. Elon ruined Tesla. $TSLAQ Not investment advice. Short $TSLA via puts.

Still, I found his comments interesting.
We know that some automation didn’t work and has to be done manually. He points that out nicely (bitterly?). Overall I thought there was a lot of automation. Not being familiar with other car factories, is this worse or better?

Reactions: neroden
Ah, so I guess the two sales associates were lying to me :rolleyes: they overproduced for the Northeast in order for everyone to have a chance to get that juicy $7500 credit

I’m not saying that Tesla won’t report 60k+ deliveries, but they do have cars available. If they are RWD it would def make sense because no one in NJ buys the RWD
If Tesla didn't deliver over Q3 number (55.8k), SP will drop - may be all the way to 260. It would also make Q4 Earnings not that rosy.

May be I should wait for the delivery numbers before investing in highly leveraged calls for Q4 Earnings.

Last edited:
If Tesla didn't deliver over Q3 number (55.3k), SP will drop - may be all the way to 260. It would also make Q4 Earnings not that rosy.

May be I should wait for the delivery numbers before investing in highly leveraged calls for Q4 Earnings.
I think they will deliver over 55k. Last quarter the NJ store was PACKED during the last two weeks but not as busy during July and August. This quarter traffic has been much more consistent from Oct-Dec. I go there at least once a week for free coffee and a supercharge.

It would be more convincing if wind power didn't require certain conditions and environment (geography, weather etc) and I think it is more likely that these conditions just happen to be more favourable in red states. So renewable energy is growing despite them being in red states, not thanks to it

And besides, I wasn't talking about renewable energy. I was talking about general policy, attitude and ideology. Nice try.

I wasn't trying to pull some "gotcha." I thought I made it clear that the adoption of wind power in red states is *specifically because of money* and not ideology.

More on topic, this is funny in the context of Larry Ellison becoming a board member - a prominent Republican who believes in the mission of Tesla. Will be happy to continue discussing in market politics thread, but I think we generally agree and are just talking past each other.

I have a feeling that Larry being on the board could lead to another take-private attempt. In fact, he tried to take over Apple (which if he succeeded, he would have become the richest man in the world by a long-shot). Perhaps he doesn't want to miss out on owning the largest share of Tesla? Either way, very interesting.

Larry Ellison: Steve Jobs shot down my Apple takeover plans

Didn’t see this link here yet: Tesla Model 3: EU Bestellungen/Orders

It’s a list of European reservations. Based on the invoice number (seems to be a sequence number per country) for the 3K euro deposit, there are currently about 12K firm orders from Europe. Probably not much more can be delivered in Q1 2019.
Assuming most of these are from people that already payed the 1K long ago, this is about 24M euro worth of deposits.

Looks like about 1 in 6 is buying a Performance and almost 80% is going for AP.

The total number of 12,000 solid orders is not overwhelming but:

- Orders keep flowing in (10% has ordered during the last two days)
- Not all data is recent (it shows 375 for The Netherlands, but a few days ago someone had invoice #1060).
- Not all countries can order yet (like UK)
- Ordering for some countries has only recently opened up (like Germany. Despite of that they are at over 2000)
- Many people are waiting for LR RWD, MR or SR.

Interesting.

Admittedly, my idea of Hawaii is limited to friendly, indigenous women in banana skirts and higher adoption rates for residential solar power.

If the latter impression is correct, couldn't that contribute to Tesla's being more popular in Hawaii that in continental USA?

After California and one or two other states, Hawaii has one of the highest adoption rates for EVs in the country. Despite electricity from the power company being very expensive here (think 33 cents/kwh or more), solar on rooftops pays for itself within a few short years, and many residents such as myself now have enough free household and vehicular electricity for the next 30 years.

I'm driving across the island to pick up a friendly, somewhat indigenous woman to take her to dinner tonight in my new Model 3. If she is wearing a banana skirt I would be thrilled, would take a picture, and would report back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zaxxon
Looks like about 1 in 6 is buying a Performance and almost 80% is going for AP.

The total number of 12,000 solid orders is not overwhelming but:

- Orders keep flowing in (10% has ordered during the last two days)
- Not all data is recent (it shows 375 for The Netherlands, but a few days ago someone had invoice #1060).
- Not all countries can order yet (like UK)
- Ordering for some countries has only recently opened up (like Germany. Despite of that they are at over 2000)
- Many people are waiting for LR RWD, MR or SR.

Give it a few days. A few reasons: first, some countries were really late (Germany for example) and not all people will order in an hour or two. I expect a fair deal that will discuss with their bank, their accountant, their boss, their spouse, the business partner etc. Lots of these discussions don't happen between the 22nd and the 29th of December (keep in mind that Europe has two bank holidays + other half-days during this time). Also, many Germans don't like, don't have, don't use credit cards. So they will pay by bank transfer. This adds at least 2 (or even 3) bank business days to the process.

Lastly, many points about local legislation are still open: the EV subsidy in Germany is not yet confirmed (the car has to be on a specific list), there are proposed changes to Danish tax law which are not enacted yet, there are changes in legislation for 2019 in countries like the Netherlands etc. etc. - given all this I am a bit amazed we are at 12k already. I would have expected a slower start of the orders to flow in.

Status
Not open for further replies.