Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does at Columbia Journalism School.

Edit: Also, just as during Watergate we are seeing a golden age of journalism on the political front aided, of course, by substantial leaks in high places. I can't speak so authoritatively as Curt Renz, but there's probably a distinction to be made in the case of business coverage and especially if its print or other media.

I've always had problems with the Wall Street Journal's editorial posture but it was noted for really clear high quality news reporting. Forgotten his name, but a very famous journalist with the Journal, now with the NYT, once wrote a column about the Bancroft family regretting their sale of the Journal to Murdoch. (He was close to the family.) They were worried because of what Rupert did to the Financial Times and received assurance tampering with the news would not happen. Remarkably, the Journal comes up with a scoop once and awhile negative to Trump.

The late Paul Erdos once remarked "the Russians invented television o destroy American education." He might have said, journalism as well, although I must say our Times has transitioned rather well.

Last edited:
Link to 403xx VIN in VIN assignment thread

40k-vin-jpg.310054

Do you contend human rights will materially improve in the The DRC if income from cobalt exports collapses?

To be honest no. It's not at all an easy discussion. The working conditions are terrible, the pay is minimal, but without that maybe there's no job or income.

I often put the same point to people who claim that Apple products, for instance, are built in glorified sweat-shops run by Foxcionn, where we see waiting lists to work there, despite everything.

This is all just a precursor to when the Q2 financials come out. That's when I think you will see serious movement one way or the other depending on how the news is spun. Wouldn't surprise me to see one last move downward if the delivery numbers can be interpreted as disappointing, even though we all know they were deliberately help back for the tax credit. Maybe around $340ish?

But, once there is profitability and we break the 5K production numbers I think we start to see consistent rise with $500 reached fairly quickly. How do I know this? I have no flipping idea! Just a gut feeling, sort of akin to bad gas. LOL!

Dan

I cashed out some shares today at a hair under $360 and pulled trigger on a LR+RWD+blue+Aero+EAP. I'm expecting the PPS to move higher next week to make me regret this. But I still have plenty of shares and LEAPs left to enjoy the ride up

The bigger issue is that I don't know what I'm going to do with my user name in a couple of months once I get my M3 :D

Mod: I'm not going to start another thread about age, constipation, and dates. So stop this or it all goes away. I know it's light hearted banter while we're all glued to the chart, but this thread is here for a reason, and this isn't it. --ggr.
With all due respect. Get over yourself. If we can't have a laugh from time to time while all this market stuff plays out then what IS the point of this thread or this forum at all? Nobody is attacking anybody. Nobody is raging about political topics. Nobody is using profane language. People are simply having a laugh over what can certainly be very stressful commentary.

Hope this doesn't get me banned but if it does...ok. It needed to be said.

Dan

With all due respect. Get over yourself. If we can't have a laugh from time to time while all this market stuff plays out then what IS the point of this thread or this forum at all? Nobody is attacking anybody. Nobody is raging about political topics. Nobody is using profane language. People are simply having a laugh over what can certainly be very stressful commentary.

Hope this doesn't get me banned but if it does...ok. It needed to be said.

Dan
You're probably right. (Not sure which hat I'm wearing at the moment.)

I cashed out some shares today at a hair under $360 and pulled trigger on a LR+RWD+blue+Aero+EAP. I'm expecting the PPS to move higher next week to make me regret this. But I still have plenty of shares and LEAPs left to enjoy the ride up

The bigger issue is that I don't know what I'm going to do with my user name in a couple of months once I get my M3 :D

Change your username to 'ShortsPaidMyM3'

Status
Not open for further replies.