Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Mark's apartment. I had a small apartment near Central Park for years when I was in my 20s and had little to no money.

He has about $10 million of assets under management, last I checked. Either that's not really a hedge fund, or surprise, several of us manage assets the size of hedge funds and we didn't even know it.

Very large accumulated wealth may just be paying for his services as a spokesperson for narratives they seem to feel as if they want out in the world. Doesn't make much sense someone with $10 million AUM would be on CNBC, and speak a conferences where the likes of billionaire investor Ron Baron speaks.

I really think there's a strong chance that the bulk of the short position is about a larger game.
I thought maybe he’s related to Evan Spiegal, as explained in the family guy episode, eponymously named after Mark (sorry I always confuse the definition of that word).

• Funny
Reactions: wipster and skitown
Doing my share to convert people to the vision of TSLA every day :)

I had so much fun driving model 3 that I ended up catching myself driving around an hour before work each day and figured I may make that more productive by signing up with Lyft and bring people where they want to go, which turns out to be a fun hobby that more than offsets my parking and bridge tolls:

Tesla Model 3 - driving on Lyft

Another reasonable day. I mean, not great, right? A few more mediocre days like this and Spiegel might have to roll his puts again, this time into the 500s.

At this point, it is meaningless to further roll his options. He also can no longer be squeezed if his fund does not report mark to market info. Since the only way to squeeze him is if there's a large investor of his fund wanting to exit.

I've actually never saw any financial report of his fund so I have no idea how to make of his fund. Maybe the person says he has 10 mil can divulge more.

• Love
Reactions: wipster
Headlines everywhere about one Tesla model S where the battery spontaneously caught on fire (supposedly, cause currently not known) yet no one was hurt, but hardly any articles about the huge explosion last month at a factory that makes parts for Ford trucks (and other manufacturers), disrupting their assembly lines.

Guess that wouldn't drive stock prices down...
I'm impressed that Ford got the line up and running in a week. Ended up flying an 87,000 lb die to the UK on a Russian Antonov cargo jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.