Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF - that POS is cancer to humankind. Would be wonderful if he ended up having to defend himself publicly in an Elon vs. Chenos trial that exposes the real 'Fraud-Boys'

Mark B. Spiegel‏ @markbspiegel
At today's open I rolled our common stock short position into January 2020 puts, by which time Subsidy Fraud-Boy will be tweeting from a courtroom. I no longer care what he Tweets, except to laugh at it-- the more illegal the better!
Elon is playing with the shorts like a tiger cub with a teddy bear. He's tearing them apart! :D

Who's analogous to the characters in this film clip? WARNING: quite crude language.

It is never cool to lose your cool as you reveal something about your position. So Mark B Spiegel revealed his position today and I looked up the put volumes on 2020 Jan.
Most likely position is the $700 000 new put funneled into $330 jan 2020. About 130 contract worth. There were other deeper in the money ones like $20 etc which I don't count. But if I do count them, I give him maybe 2mil to 3 mil max $$$ in shorting.

Now the world knows how to squeeze him.

How does this douche get an office at a prime location near the central park to run his fund into the ground while we are in our pajamas or with day jobs, merely trading on the side and yet beating the *sugar* out of him? How fair is this life?

It's Mark's apartment. I had a small apartment near Central Park for years when I was in my 20s and had little to no money.

He has about $10 million of assets under management, last I checked. Either that's not really a hedge fund, or surprise, several of us manage assets the size of hedge funds and we didn't even know it.

Very large accumulated wealth may just be paying for his services as a spokesperson for narratives they seem to feel as if they want out in the world. Doesn't make much sense someone with $10 million AUM would be on CNBC, and speak a conferences where the likes of billionaire investor Ron Baron speaks.

I really think there's a strong chance that the bulk of the short position is about a larger game.

Another speculative idea: what if Tesla double lists its stock in Hong Kong ?

On that note, can someone explain how it currently works in the Eurozone?

From here, I can buy (and sell) TSLA (listed with ISIN US88160R1014) in Euro.

Is TSLA cross listed here or is it via a EDR (European Depositary Receipt), or something else?

PS. Yes, I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I own a paper without fully knowing all its details - but less so, since getting out now would buy my M3 the LR upgrade...

Reactions: neroden and madodel
So is that really it, Spiegel's no longer short on TSLA? The end of the era - a very profitable one for us...

His "hedge fund" is still short but via options (puts) instead of stock.

IMO as long as there are large short interests out there and Spiegel is willing to enthusiastically bash Tesla, he will likely have "investors" for his "hedge fund." That way he can earn "management fees" on their "investments."

Paying someone directly to talk the stock down would be illegal stock manipulation. But "investing" is not.

Elon Musk Versus the Haters

Another Tesla basher is retired short-seller David Rocker, who says Tesla “is one of the most incredulous divorces between facts and dreams” he’s seen in a 50-year career of investing. Rocker has 2 percent of his net worth short Tesla, and he also has become an investor in Stanphyl Capital.

Still haven't heard how old that particular model S was and/or whether it had the 2013(?) modifications.

It has to be pre-Feb 2013 based on the license plate. So wouldn’t have come with the titanium plate but I don’t see how it wouldn’t have been upgraded at a service visit at some point in the past few years.

It's Mark's apartment. I had a small apartment near Central Park for years when I was in my 20s and had little to no money.

He has about $10 million of assets under management, last I checked. Either that's not really a hedge fund, or surprise, several of us manage assets the size of hedge funds and we didn't even know it.

Very large accumulated wealth may just be paying for his services as a spokesperson for narratives they seem to feel as if they want out in the world. Doesn't make much sense someone with $10 million AUM would be on CNBC, and speak a conferences where the likes of billionaire investor Ron Baron speaks.

I really think there's a strong chance that the bulk of the short position is about a larger game.

A while back I read that a larger hedge fund let Spiegel to manage a small piece. I forget the guy's name. That guy also shorts TSLA. In the end they all blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.