Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does speigel capitulation mark short term top?

The only thing I can think of happening in 3 weeks is headlines that Tesla has sold 200,000 cars, get your Model 3 now to get full tax credit, causing full demand for LR versions at 5,000 cars per week through year-end.

Perhaps that is not fully priced in currently?

Note: I’m an invitation holder currently waiting on $35k version but very tempted to get LR while full tax credit is available.

I just can’t quite bring myself to pull the trigger. My most expensive car for myself was a $6k used Leaf. Before that a $1,900 Geo Prism (also produced in NUMMI).

Our tax liability will likely be over $7,500, but it’s close, so yet another hesitation.

All that said, I still am scratching my head at a short explosion in 3 weeks...

https://electrek.co/2018/06/18/tesla-sabotaged-elon-musk-employees-alert/

Interesting that the Electrek version of the email is missing this line: "Will follow this up with emails every few days describing the progress and challenges of the Model 3 ramp."

Is this another case of Elon trying to identify the leaker by sending multiple different emails?

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and mutle
Does speigel capitulation mark short term top?

The only thing I can think of happening in 3 weeks is headlines that Tesla has sold 200,000 cars, get your Model 3 now to get full tax credit, causing full demand for LR versions at 5,000 cars per week through year-end.

Others posted a much longer list of positive news that could coincide nicely.

member: 29622 said:
I just can’t quite bring myself to pull the trigger. My most expensive car for myself was a $6k used Leaf. Before that a $1,900 Geo Prism (also produced in NUMMI).

Funny, I used to have that geo prism too, replaced it with a VW Jetta, then a VW eGolf, then a Tesla Model 3 and my wife is ready to call me insane for already thinking about the P3D. The beauty is that a lot of that has and will be paid for by shorters money as I was accumulating down the firenews back in 2014/2015 just like in the last few months...

Trust me, the Model 3 is such an epic ride it is worth every penny, but the opportunity cost compared to riding up the next short squeeze is probably pretty high, easily much higher than $7500.

Reactions: neroden
Because there is a separate forum already established for it and that's where it belongs, not here.

So my supposed OT post is so bad it needs to be called out to be deleted?

I think it is on-topic, as it lets us know that Elon is planning to send an email every few days with information that is directly related to market action. So if the leaks continue we will be getting more data than ever on the Model 3 ramp.

So my supposed OT post is so bad it needs to be called out to be deleted?

I think it is on-topic, as it lets us know that Elon is planning to send an email every few days with information that is directly related to market action. So if the leaks continue we will be getting more data than ever on the Model 3 ramp.

It's not bad Mike, just in the wrong forum. I appreciate your post, but you just need to move it before the Admin does

It's not bad Mike, just in the wrong forum. I appreciate your post, but you just need to move it before the Admin does
@MP3Mike
I didn't want to speak for @TradingInvest but...
Based on the use of ------ in the quote I believe the original concern was revealing the Canary Trap.

(And it's not like we haven't had bean related off topic posts;))

Edit: and yes, my post is drawing more attention to it,, modern irony comprehended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.