Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not an expert and others here will know much better but believe to remember that buy and sell orders even if not executed are included in the price determination. That may be a reason why "outliners" are not included or a threshold is defined.

Just an assumption.

I have GTC sell orders set above $1500...

I did the same thing
It’s better than Fidelity! The highest limit order I can place is 1.5x the current stock price. So if the stock is at $400, the highest order I can enter is $600.

I bet there’s a slightly nefarious reason for these limits (higher limit prices throw off the algos somehow?), but I don’t know what it is...
if you don’t have a margin Accts they can’t loan your shares. And anyhow, the more shorts the deeper the short hole. :)

Reactions: MikeC
Sorry guys, I had to sell 5 shares this morning near the peak to have enough cash on hand for the downpayment on my Model 3. :(

On the flip side, I'll be taking delivery in early July (8th) so I can confirm Elon's tweet about the big squeeze coming! :D

(clearly not an advice, ;) and if you started to think it was you really need to stick to managed funds picked for you!)

Sorry guys, I had to sell 5 shares this morning near the peak to have enough cash on hand for the downpayment on my Model 3. :(

On the flip side, I'll be taking delivery in early July (8th) so I can confirm Elon's tweet about the big squeeze coming! :D

(clearly not an advice, ;) and if you started to think it was you really need to stick to managed funds picked for you!)
what was your config that’s a fast turnaround! congrats!!

They just dropped the price on AWD and P, if they're having trouble with profitability, why that then?

I really enjoy your posts, and your avatar.

I didn’t see anyone respond to this question with the standard pricing approach. Tesla, like all companies, wants everyone to choose the most profitable option. This is usually the most expensive and highest optioned version.

They opened the AWD version to the first group, and gauged the ratio of P versus non P configurations. They made a few small pricing changes to improve that ratio.

They also decreased the price of AWD altogether, probably to increase the RWD/AWD ratio as well.

They can only make so many cars this year. These price changes will hopefully increase the average purchase price per car.

Tesla, like all companies, wants everyone to choose the most profitable option. This is usually the most expensive and highest optioned version.

They opened the AWD version to the first group, and gauged the ratio of P versus non P configurations. They made a few small pricing changes to improve that ratio.

They also decreased the price of AWD altogether, probably to increase the RWD/AWD ratio as well.

They can only make so many cars this year. These price changes will hopefully increase the average purchase price per car.

In other words select prices that maximize profits.

I hope our friend @jbcarioca won't mind if I copy his potential good news on an upcoming P3D delivery from another thread:

Also, I had my "Edit Design" button disappear today for my Model 3 LR, so hope to get a call soon to schedule delivery.

I do think there will be some extra fireworks the first week of July this year.:)

Got the call today with my Model 3 delivery tentatively scheduled for Monday July 2.

Floodgates opening in 5, 4, 3, 2 ....

Got the call today with my Model 3 delivery tentatively scheduled for Monday July 2.

Floodgates opening in 5, 4, 3, 2 ....
Congrats!

My Edit button came back today :confused: It gives me options to change my config to AWD/P, but delivery time will change to 3-5 months, so I didn't make any changes. I wanted to add FSD but will wait till the call and add it then.

I'm in the 4/18 invite group and configured on 6/15. There are still people who configured in April and haven't been contacted for delivery yet, so I expect to wait a couple more months.

Congrats!

My Edit button came back today :confused: It gives me options to change my config to AWD/P, but delivery time will change to 3-5 months, so I didn't make any changes. I wanted to add FSD but will wait till the call and add it then.

I'm in the 4/18 invite group and configured on 6/15. There are still people who configured in April and haven't been contacted for delivery yet, so I expect to wait a couple more months.

My Edit button came back this morning too with AWD/P options, then it disappeared again, then I got the call.:)

Good luck -- hopefully yours will be coming sooner than you expect!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Waiting4M3 and kbM3
MODERATOR:

Absolutely REQUIRED THINKING for ALL: Before hitting “Send/Return/Post” , you are to cogitate on whether the words you just wrote are appropriate for a thread entitled “Market Action”. There are lots (far too many) of Model 3 threads, of order book threads, of configuration threads, and of general Chit Chat.

Caveat scriptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.