Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to place a set of sell orders on my RBC trading account in preparation for the "short burn of the century", basically setting up a spread of sale orders from $900 and up in $100 intervals, just in case a violent short squeeze happens when I am not at the helm to issue orders. To my shock and disbelief, the RBC online trading system has some really silly limitations:

1. There is no good-til-cancelled order, maximum time limit I can set is 1 month
2. They rejected all my orders from $1200 up, with the error message stating the price I entered is invalid!

This is crazy, they can't accept a limit order with a share price of $1200 ?!?!
What planet do they live on ?

Love this! Can't possibly imagine Elon sending this without being reality

Musk Says ‘Rude Awakening’ Awaits Bearish Goldman Sachs Analyst

Elon Musk sent a companywide email to Tesla Inc.employees responding to a Goldman Sachs analyst’s prediction that the carmaker will miss estimates with its crucial Model 3 sedan this quarter.

They are in for a rude awakening :)” the chief executive officer wrote in the email Tuesday. He shared a link to a CNBC story that reported Goldman expected the company to deliver 22,000 Model 3s in the three months ending in June, short of what analyst David Tamberrino said was a consensus of 28,000.

Should be July 3rd I think, probably later in the day, not that it matters since market will be closed.

Possible, but for Q1, the 1st day of the month also fell on a Sunday and they released numbers before the market open on April 3.

We could see a repeat of that (July 3 premarket) or a July 2 release. July 3 in the am gives the FUD machine the minimum time to spool up so that could be good.

Last edited:
Another FUD article, another jab at Tesla.
Not suggesting you click on the link. The title should give it away that this journalist does not even know the name of company they are bashing. IMHO I truly believe the vast majority of Tesla bashers are in the same group and have no idea what they are dealing with, clueless.
Move over Telsa, this self-driving Volvo will let you sleep during your highway commute

What they neglect to say in the title is the sleeping comes during the 12 hours it takes to recharge the car... in 2021.

Telsa must be shaking in their frunks!

Last edited:
one note:
street may underestimate how many of those waiting for long range dual motor will upgrade to P now. i know 3 people that just did today...although i know thats small sample size.

stk momentum isn’t quite there yet, but there has been so much crap to sift through in the media, they might actually be fooling themselves at this point. sooner or later they’ll figure, hoping the shock comes sooner rather than later.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and GaryW
weird. Everything just took a tumble. news?

Whatever it is, prob. not TSLA-related.
upload_2018-6-27_13-57-33.png

I tried to place a set of sell orders on my RBC trading account... They rejected all my orders from $1200 up, with the error message stating the price I entered is invalid!

This is crazy, they can't accept a limit order with a share price of $1200 ?!?!
What planet do they live on ?

It’s better than Fidelity! The highest limit order I can place is 1.5x the current stock price. So if the stock is at $400, the highest order I can enter is $600.

I bet there’s a slightly nefarious reason for these limits (higher limit prices throw off the algos somehow?), but I don’t know what it is...

Reactions: neroden
question/theory
M3 no badging on battery
do you think the long range packs are 75kw or 100?
do you think the P packs are 75 or 100?

the possibility being at some point in future (arriving the time he starts S and X refresh and 2170 cells for those models) he offers us abilit to unlock more range/power at a 3k to 5k upgrade?

i don’t know the science/logistics behind it, but it seems that could be a wildcard.

even for those who don’t take the upgrade
i trade it in 3 years for say, 40k, they could turn around and sell it for a couple thousand more than they would have with the increased residual value?
does this hold any water?

M3 long range packs are 80 technically but most likely 75 usable.
The performance version has the same pack, otherwise it would be coming out later and not at the same time as AWD.
I believe one of the differences for the P is a better inverter. Besides the highest sigma motors.

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
question/theory
M3 no badging on battery
do you think the long range
M3 long range packs are 80 technically but most likely 75 usable.
The performance version has the same pack, otherwise it would be coming out later and not at the same time as AWD.
I believe one of the differences for the P is a better inverter. Besides the highest sigma motors.

i thought they were only making 75 and 100 packs a this time. or was that ony for the S, X older format batteries?
..thanks for clarification either way!

It’s better than Fidelity! The highest limit order I can place is 1.5x the current stock price. So if the stock is at $400, the highest order I can enter is $600.

I bet there’s a slightly nefarious reason for these limits (higher limit prices throw off the algos somehow?), but I don’t know what it is...

I am not an expert and others here will know much better but believe to remember that buy and sell orders even if not executed are included in the price determination. That may be a reason why "outliners" are not included or a threshold is defined.

Just an assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.