Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have completely misunderstood what I said.
Musk claims that the payed features are convenience while at the same time , in other conversations, he claims AP increases safety. So when convenient, he claims no positive impact on safety and when AP safety is disputed , he claims it increases safety.
FSD is both convenience and safety, its commercial value is mostly from convenience gains but at maturity the robot can be 1000 times better than the best human driver.
I think the point is that it's both. It's not a base model feature due to cost, so it's a convenience option. It also increases safety.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
It's not really accurate to say they just dropped the price on these options since they haven't actually delivered any yet. It would be different if they had been selling these for months and decided to drop the price. I think they are trying to find the ideal price points for the highest take rate is all. Hitting that point is a big win in terms of ASP.

May indicate that built costs are lower than initially projected and/or P level drive unit yeilds are higher than expected.

Another FUD article, another jab at Tesla.
Not suggesting you click on the link. The title should give it away that this journalist does not even know the name of company they are bashing. IMHO I truly believe the vast majority of Tesla bashers are in the same group and have no idea what they are dealing with, clueless.
Move over Telsa, this self-driving Volvo will let you sleep during your highway commute

To my excuse.... I did read it before....

What I have difficulties to understand is that Volvo claims to go right away to level 4 not doing the previous levels. Hm, even is they limit it to just highways how could you possibly improve the system over time with no miles on the road with L3? Maybe I miss something but sounds like a risky approach to me.

That conversation should be in a different thread though.

Reactions: wipster
Undercuts BMW M3 @ 66k and probably outperforms it in a lot of metrics.

I would think you'd need to upgrade the tires (assuming the base 18" aeros come with the same tires as the RWD), or spring for the upgraded wheel package. Of course a great deal in any case.

That isn't a 100% fair comparison since the old price included all the extras:

$1,500 paint
$1,500 white interior
$5,000 performance upgrades
Add those to the $64k base and you come up with a new all-in price of $72k.

Which is only a little cheaper than before, but now you get to select what you want. (And not pay for something you decide to not get like paint or wheel upgrades.)

The one disappointing thing for me is that it appears the better brakes are not part of the base Performance version, they are in the upgrade pack, so maybe they only fit with the 20" wheels.

Do you know for sure it doesn't have the better brakes? Perhaps it is just red vs. unpainted?

I would think you'd need to upgrade the tires (assuming the base 18" aeros come with the same tires as the RWD), or spring for the upgraded wheel package. Of course a great deal in any case.

Do you know for sure it doesn't have the better brakes? Perhaps it is just red vs. unpainted?
May not have the upgraded brakes:

Elon Musk on Twitter
Responding to question of whether AWD will have sport level brakes:
No, but dual motors mean increased regen braking & will ride tire traction limit. You won’t notice sport brakes unless you’re on a racetrack & have the sticky 20” tires.

• mnuchin talking down the rhetoric on cnbc this am
  • deliveries and profitability now imminent with last nights pricing changes and delivery shifting (although not great news for those waiting for 35-43k models)
  • plus more possible good news on horizon
  • not exactly the best news coming out from european car makers in the last week.
by all means points to a stk price going north in near term, but markets rarely respond as advertised. we’ll see. obv hoping for big gains

to those with the dilemma of missing full fed 7500 credit, i’m sure tesla will bust their humps to get as many delivered by 12/31. also, hopefully the gains we make on stk (fingers crossed) help make the credit an afterthought. strap in!! godspeed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.