Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe AP could be enabled as a per rental upgrade. Suppose the rental customer can pay an extra $10/day for AP. Enterprise and Tesla split the upgrade something like $3 to $7. All this requires is software switch that Enterprise can flip on. Of course, if this rental upgrade proves profitable for Enterprise, they could buy the full upgrade and not have to share revenue with Tesla whenever they enable it for a customer.

Another angle to this is that renters could work directly with Tesla to turn on features. So if you happen to be a Tesla owner, you automatically get a free upgrade on any Tesla you may rent. Maybe the same applies if you are a reservation holder or have a vehicle on order. Otherwise, if you're totally new to Tesla, you can get a Tesla account online for free one-time rental upgrade or for a small fee after that.

This could be expanded to all features that are software upgradeable. AP/FSD, of course, but also unlocking battery range. Suppose all the rental Model 3 are LR, but software limited to SR. Enterprise pays the SR price, but only Tesla can unlock LR for renters. If Enterprise sells the vehicle, LR must be unlocked and sold as LR. Thus Tesla ultimately sells it as LR, but Enterprise never has to pay full price for it. Rather Tesla retains the rental upgrade option.

Of course, the downside of Tesla retaining the rental upgrades is that renters have a more complex rental experience working with two different companies. The upside for Enterprise is lower capex. The upside to Tesla is customer acquisition and customer loyalty. Anyone who signs up for a Tesla account to upgrade a rental becomes a prime prospect. Tesla marketing can follow up on the rental experience. The prospect has already test driven the vehicle. So placing an online order for a new Tesla is just one small step away. Could be invaluable in states where Tesla is prohibited from having a dealership.

• Helpful
Reactions: Intl Professor
It's certainly hard to sell when the most shorted stock on the market is surging higher. There's really no telling how high it could go.

Just a reminder - back then sp was 30 - noone believed it would go to 60 nor 90 or 120 and so on. A lot of ppl cashed out at 2-3x and was very happy - for a week or two, until they realized there was no buying back in cheaper. ;-)

If we see a squeeze - real squeeze to 1000+, the chance is you will be able to sell and buy back for less. We are not there yet, not even close.

Just a reminder - back then sp was 30 - noone believed it would go to 60 nor 90 or 120 and so on. A lot of ppl cashed out at 2-3x and was very happy - for a week or two, until they realized there was no buying back in cheaper. ;-)

If we see a squeeze - real squeeze to 1000+, the chance is you will be able to sell and buy back for less. We are not there yet, not even close.

Yeah, I've been thinking to set some sell orders 400, 600, 800, etc., but I'm sure I'd regret. I stick with the one I have at > 2000

If we really see a squeeze then I'll reconsider, but even then there's a risk the price doesn't dip below what you sold for.

Yeah, I've been thinking to set some sell orders 400, 600, 800, etc., but I'm sure I'd regret. I stick with the one I have at > 2000

If we really see a squeeze then I'll reconsider, but even then there's a risk the price doesn't dip below what you sold for.

I do the swing trading with options and just accumulate shares with some of the proceeds. Not going to sell tsla shares in a while, this is just the beginning, once they have 10 gigafactories maybe I'll start cashing in on 20% of my then considerable position :)

Sold all my short term options at 330. I think Q2 Model 3 deliveries are going to significantly disappoint the market. VIN assignments still haven't picked up since the May shutdown, and only 3 weeks left in the quarter so not much time for things to change. Downward revisions from Tamberrino et al will probably be coming in the next week or two. Still holding mid-term and leaps.

Registered vins with NHTSA are in the 50k range, Tesla has recently changed their VIN practices and we can no longer track them as before. A downward revision would only occur if Tesla missed spectacularly. If they beat or meet, then watch out...many firms will need to revise their targets upward.

In Q2 we were staring at 800 up until the last 10 days of March. Right now I’m not getting nearly as nervous as I was last Q; instead it’s been replaced by hubris and confidence in the ramp. My bet is that Elon is going to hit this out of the park. With 30-40% shorts and a positive beat on the horizon this is one of those golden opportunity for longs to perhaps enjoy one of the best harvest since 2013. Will the squeeze happen? I don’t know, but I’m not going to sit this one out. It could be my regret of a lifetime.

Hope weak longs won’t regret that they got out at 330 today.

I bailed. It's gone up a decent amount, and it's way above the BB at the moment. Gonna use this time to transfer my money to robinhood.

I know it was asked earlier. You can transfer over cash and stock, but you can't transfer over options, which is what I have.

Even if Elon confirms 5k at the end of the month, there's plenty of time for people to throw FUD at tsla until then. I've gotten into the habit of always thinking that there are interest looking for a chance to crash the SP. In all likelihood, there are people stockpiling FUD as we speak, waiting for a slow news day to dump it all into the news. Recently, we've had a 10% and a 5% gain. That's plenty, for now.

Registered vins with NHTSA are in the 50k range, Tesla has recently changed their VIN practices and we can no longer track them as before. A downward revision would only occur if Tesla missed spectacularly. If they beat or meet, then watch out...many firms will need to revise their targets upward.

In Q2 we were staring at 800 up until the last 10 days of March. Right now I’m not getting nearly as nervous as I was last Q; instead it’s been replaced by hubris and confidence in the ramp. My bet is that Elon is going to hit this out of the park. With 30-40% shorts and a positive beat on the horizon this is one of those golden opportunity for longs to perhaps enjoy one of the best harvest since 2013. Will the squeeze happen? I don’t know, but I’m not going to sit this one out. It could be my regret of a lifetime.

How did Tesla change their VIN practices? I'm looking at the VINs being reported as assigned to buyers and they look really low. Have they changed the timing of when they give them out?

Sentiment is getting strongly positive around here again. That used to be a pretty good contrarian indicator. It's probably not a bad idea to have sold some or even most trading shares/calls at this point. IMO the risk is increasing for a pullback. Because of the current dynamics around the stock, the pullback could be pretty significant. Or, it could just keep on running. There is no way to know. I know I'm more comfortable at this point dialing my leverage back and focusing on my long term holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.