Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I see Trump revising the US EV tax credit similar to the EV rebate program in Canada in that there is no quantity limit or cap assigned to the individual auto manufacture. This to support manufacturing in US. If there is a limit, put the Cap on EV sales as a whole, such as half the credit once accumulative 1/2 million vehicles sold, eliminate it after a million. The EV production leader should not be penalized in future years by the lacklustre achievement of those manufacturers slow to adapt to change.
I consider the odds of Trump passing any legislation whatsoever to be close to zero. Expect absolutely nothing to happen in Congress.

Elon may be forced to take it public to achieve his goals at some point but it's clear he won't want to If he can avoid it.

What do you mean by "forced?" If you mean "in order to access capital," then we agree. Public companies have access to more capital sources.

You can't strip away the positives from an option, and say the actor would not "want to" act on the option based solely on the negatives... :)

Reactions: DragonWatch
Be careful everyone,
Dow is down -250 points,
Naz just got a bit worse with -120 points,
SP down -31.

Looks like the downturn of today’s market took the air out of this morning’s brief tsla gains. Techs and Fang stocks are largely down with Netflix leading the way with -21 points amazon -48

Tesla down only about -1.3 points.

What do you mean by "forced?" If you mean "in order to access capital," then we agree. Public companies have access to more capital sources.

You can't strip away the positives from an option, and say the actor would not "want to" act on the option based solely on the negatives... :)
whoa, like the best post i think you have ever made. Entirely true and unbiased.

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11
Zacks - today: Has Tesla (TSLA) Outpaced Other Auto-Tires-Trucks Stocks This Year?

...TSLA is currently sporting a Zacks Rank of #2 (Buy).

Over the past three months, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for TSLA's full-year earnings has moved 27.79% higher. This signals that analyst sentiment is improving and the stock's earnings outlook is more positive...

Today is a blood bath with TSLA holding up well so far. Very dangerous day to add it seems.

History has shown that when blood drains down the road of Wallstreet its usually a good day to buy.

The issues with that is to quote Kroose who shot a fabulous goal for Germany this weekend at the soccer championship "(...) you have to have the balls and make it (...)"

as always no investment advice.....

Indeed.

His account is now closed for the public and that is likely not a coincidence.

I wonder if he did make a mistake giving internal information he is not supposed to.

GF and Fremont are linked together and it would be hard for Tesla to store all those batterie packs and drive units somewhere in case Fremont cannot consume those. From a tied up capital perspective it won't make sense as well.

I would rather assume they are more or less well synchronized and not that much buffer exists between the two.

A throughput of 5K/w is per definition an average of 5K/w in June so far. Make your calculations accordingly ...

Maybe thats the surprise Elon was referring to in order to burn the shorts down...

Certainly this is true for actual battery production, but TE requirements gives GF1 flexibility in producing battery packs. A slowdown at Fremont can benefit power walls and power pack production. Flexibility is important. (I have trouble putting on socks!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.