Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain’t funny, it may be true before we know (and there will be no warnings on the media telling shareholders to sell their shares...);)
to be vaguely fair, my PHEV was totaled and I needed a new vehicle "right now" and stumbled across a 2017 Prius Prime plugin (paltry 8.8kW battery) at ~10-15% ($3,500) off as it had sat on dealers showroom floor for a _year_ and the y wanted to "just get rid of it". radar, TACC, etc. so my model 3 is still a bit in the future, but i stll have a $1,000 res, but in my 1,000+ mile travels I pass a bunch of dealers lots with a lot of _unsold_ vehicles vs every Tesla I see is pre-sold.

to be vaguely fair, my PHEV was totaled and I needed a new vehicle "right now" and stumbled across a 2017 Prius Prime plugin (paltry 8.8kW battery) at ~10-15% ($3,500) off as it had sat on dealers showroom floor for a _year_ and the y wanted to "just get rid of it". radar, TACC, etc. so my model 3 is still a bit in the future, but i stll have a $1,000 res, but in my 1,000+ mile travels I pass a bunch of dealers lots with a lot of _unsold_ vehicles vs every Tesla I see is pre-sold.
Thanks for those details, I won't diss you for the Prius, it's just a 'tease' for what's to come ;)

Just drove by my local Toyota dealer. Hundreds of Camrys, Priuses, RAV4s, and Highlanders just sitting on the lot, even spilling on to the street! No demand! Not sustainable! Toyota will go bankrupt!
Chevy dealers hiding inventory on the roof!

Dig97SNVAAAoGyV.jpg:large

Ryan on Twitter

I bought a few more at $217.28. When I try to manage my P3 order I get "We are experiencing issues loading your order summary. Please try again later." Maybe they manually edit the page to remove the ability to edit the configuration :).

Edit: So I went back and reloaded the page. It is completely changed, requires confirmation of all the stuff so they can prepare paperwork. This is encouraging. (previous owner obviously; line waiter. Blue/White/aero.)

2nd edit: Obviously my stock purchase caused the drop over the last ten minutes. Sorry :-(.

Last edited:
"Brinkman reaffirmed his $180 December 2018 price target for Tesla."
So, in conclusion Brinkman remains bearish on TSLA. Why he felt the need to reaffirm his bearishness about TSLA right now is not really clear. Presumably to have an impact both leading up to and then after the Q2 ER?
Here is his rate of return on TSLA:
Average Profit on Stock
Average return per rating on TSLA
-18.8%

I bought a few more at $217.28. When I try to manage my P3 order I get "We are experiencing issues loading your order summary. Please try again later." Maybe they manually edit the page to remove the ability to edit the configuration :).

Edit: So I went back and reloaded the page. It is completely changed, requires confirmation of all the stuff so they can prepare paperwork. This is encouraging. (previous owner obviously; line waiter. Blue/White/aero.)

2nd edit: Obviously my stock purchase caused the drop over the last ten minutes. Sorry :-(.

How did you manage to buy at $217.28? Maybe JP Morgan was right after all -:)

... and then I couldn't get to it again...

... and now it says
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

It's been a long time since I've just sat here reloading web pages.
Mod: No, actually you do that all the time when the trolls are busy. --ggr.
OTHER MOD: This thread is getting surreal with all this Mod editing - Vetinari

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these day's I'll actually go out and buy one of these cheaper EVs that everyone keep talking about. Maybe a Ford Fake, or a Chevy Phantom. I have also heard good things about the Honda Vaporware and the BMW IDK-LOL-ROFL.

Nah, they'll all have whacky names like Ford Zippy or the Chevvy EleKtroN, BMW ReVolt, Volkswagen Sputnik, or some other crap. But they'll all have neon/LED lights around the outside, that'll bring the punters in...

All yet to be designed, all yet to be made, all yet to have a simple and fast charging infrastructure, to charge batteries that can't yet be shipped, because the factories aren't yet built.

AND ALL BY THE END OF THE YEAR!

Edited: because it was utter gibberish

Last edited:
Anyone else enjoy seeing the WSJ diss on MBSpiegel?

View attachment 318261

Sorry for late response to old post, but I just want to get this in there. Here's the thing that Mark just cannot get through his head. The spectrum of people interested in Model 3 goes from people who have never bought a new car in their lives, to people who are considering whether their next car is a new Porche, used Ferrari or a P3 (read in Model 3 section of this forum just the other day).

I'm an example from the never bought a new car before side. In fact, the most I had ever spent on a car for myself was $6k for a used Leaf. Prior to that was $1,900 for a Geo Prism.

I would never, ever, ever consider buying a bmw, mercedes, audi, porche, etc (lexus not included) due to the maintenance, depreciation, and fuel costs.

However, I am receiving delivery of a Model 3 (base $49k version) on August 10. Hoping depreciation will not be as bad as the above listed (but realize it might be), but am quite certain maintenance and fuel costs will be less.

Again, the spectrum is broad and is largely underestimated.

"Brinkman reaffirmed his $180 December 2018 price target for Tesla."
So, in conclusion Brinkman remains bearish on TSLA. Why he felt the need to reaffirm his bearishness about TSLA right now is not really clear. Presumably to have an impact both leading up to and then after the Q2 ER?

Same story ran in April: Sell Tesla shares because BMW, Audi competition is coming: JP Morgan

Same story ran in December: JPMorgan has a new short idea: Tesla shares to fall 40 percent in 12 months

Now I am sad for Andrea James that you don't remember her anymore.

That's hilarious. Same illogical arguments, different day, heck they even kept their 40 percent drop and $180ish price target. I have decided I'd really like the SEC to investigate the banks and how their analysts publish information. There has to be money being made (or back scratching by major shorts?) by trying to manipulate the stock price like they do. He had to spread some FUD after that great review of the M3 yesterday. Have no fear TSLA longs....my guess is Q2 might be a bit rough coming up but you can't fight demand like this long term. Several of the shorts on Twitter are out counting parking lot vehicles in Lathrop trying to figure out what Tesla is up to...like Tesla is hiding millions of salvage vehicles...looks like desperation is creeping in...good bye shorts!

Status
Not open for further replies.