Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having fun with the Twitter trolls, in case anyone wants to join-in (no birds, please).

And for a bonus, you can also see a colour picture of me...

Montana Skeptic on Twitter

Yes it is fun. Larry "the fossil guy" fossi is the funnest to troll on Twitter until you get blocked. We need more help to get these fud spreading liers drowned out on Twitter.

If you apply the same logic to any other car manufacturer (BMW, VW, Daimler etc.), you should conclude that they are all bankwupt already since they do not have hundreds of thousands of reservations, so their backlog is gone, they are toast!

Does this 5000 include old reservations converting to "orders" or not? These terms are so mixed up, I can't figure out if apple is being compared to orange.

Was it also not the first week orders were opened to all? Yes, it was.
Tesla opens Model 3 order book to all as tax credits begin to wind down

What is known (based on Tesla statements) is that at end of Q1, there were 450k res. End of Q2, 18440 model 3 delivered and 420k res. So definitely, during Q2, net cancellations (cancellations - new res) were faster ((30000-18440)/13 = 889/week). If (new res - cancellations) can't keep up with 1418/week delivery rate, what's going to happen when 10k a week is reached?
No need to be an analyst to figure that one out!

I can’t stand analysts ... they usually don’t know *sugar* and are pushing an agenda ... I can’t tell you how many times I heard “iPhone sales falling off a cliff” when dealing with Apple ... all the way from $250 to now (almost $1400 split adjusted) .

Screw them ... as far as I’m concerned there is a special place in hell for them

Edit: Wow !!! Just noticed they took my carefully worded post and made it PG by replacing a word ... I didn’t use “sugar” ... nicely done.
'They', understand the geist of the message bears keeping, in spite of a more earthy/pithy exclamation.

WSJ confirms Model 3 is the best car in its class and Elon confirms new orders out pace cancellations....stock goes down. Gotta love TSLA!
At some point, more intelligent people will go WTH??
It's at this point we should question who our news sources are.
Do they post self serving news that goes against truths? (SA, CNN) if so, why are we propping them up, knock the legs out from under them.
Money usually talks.

WSJ confirms Model 3 is the best car in its class and Elon confirms new orders out pace cancellations....stock goes down. Gotta love TSLA!

It's pretty clear that no one believes Elon at this point. So the car could be the bestest on the planet but no one believes Tesla is making more then a couple thousand a week at massive losses due to the per car depreciation of P&E. Nothing will change until Tesla reports Q3 and maybe not until Q1 2019 or beyond. That's the problem with destroying your credibility. Takes a long time to recover.

I just emailed Dan Neil with the subject "Your next amazingly popular article: "What's Behind All the Tesla Hate?" suggesting that he or some other trustworthy person at the WSJ (since I don't believe Dan's an investigative reporter) take a look into that. We'll see what comes of that. At least they know it would get clicks...

Positive financials will or should negate the FUD.
Elon lies, Tesla lies, why would anyone believe their financials, it is all lies.
Those who can, see. Those who can not, will not, no matter what.

Even after the sorts and their family are all bankrupt twice already, they will still bang their story.

You cannot delete stupid.

Mod: I've summarily deleted a bunch of posts, some offensive, about the twitter threads. If you really want to have this discussion, I unlocked the other thread: Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation . Personally I'd rather you didn't. --ggr.

Sorry chief!

Weird SP action today - I really expected a bump-up, given that everything appears to be going to plan, if not better.

All I can imagine is that we're in the midst of a short attack and they're holding it down in the vain hope that there'll be some bad macro news.

I did expect the latest hot-air on Chinese tariffs to have some negative impact, or even the revelation that POTUS45 seems to be a Russian spy may have rocked the markets, but seems that nobody cares!

That's hypernormalisation for you...

Reactions: madodel and wipster
Apparently, Shabooska's model 3 production source = Augkuo's source. Tesla employees are receiving daily production updates, and they both have access to employee emails:

augkuo, Today at 2:44 PM
Last edited: 53 minutes ago

@augkuo are you referring to skabooshka? If not, your source exactly matches.
No but he could be getting the info from an employee as well. They get a daily email on the production numbers.

Just looked at his twitter feed (skabooshka (@skabooshka) | Twitter) and looks like he's got access to the emails
If the leaking is this bad, Tesla may as well make such disclosures public as this would eliminate the possibility of bad actors faking the data. The whole market would be on equal playing field with authoritative data.

Tomorrow then :)

Meanwhile, Dan giving the bears another dose. Well impressed by him here!

Dan Neil on Twitter

upload_2018-7-20_16-52-43.png
upload_2018-7-20_16-52-43.png

If the leaking is this bad, Tesla may as well make such disclosures public as this would eliminate the possibility of bad actors faking the data. The whole market would be on equal playing field with authoritative data.
I find it ironic that the image of the Trojan Horse comes to mind here.
The nightly news also comes to mind.
Good news does not sell, mayhem and destruction, makes for click bait and thus, Money!!.
As for me, I look at this leakage in a positive light, regardless of how the leaker may have intended.

Reactions: mmd
Just drove by my local Toyota dealer. Hundreds of Camrys, Priuses, RAV4s, and Highlanders just sitting on the lot, even spilling on to the street! No demand! Not sustainable! Toyota will go bankrupt!
Ain’t funny, it may be true before we know (and there will be no warnings on the media telling shareholders to sell their shares...);)

Just drove by my local Toyota dealer. Hundreds of Camrys, Priuses, RAV4s, and Highlanders just sitting on the lot, even spilling on to the street! No demand! Not sustainable! Toyota will go bankrupt!
True, I cannot for the life of me understand how common sense eludes these bears.
I only wish I was articulate enough to frame this argument in such a way, that they could pull the wool outta their minds. Then, it comes to me, who cares what kind of life they choose to live?
If it wasn't for the simple fact that we have an entire segment of humans who are willing to fall for Proveable fake FUD.
Scary isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.