Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12Q: The youtube guy (I think): Will Tesla ever produce vehicles at GF1, and how much Model 3 technologies does Semi use?

Elon: Can't answer. Semi will indeed use a bunch of Model 3 technology.

Q: How are you allocating cells between vehicles and Tesla Energy?

Deepak: Makes sense to prioritize Model 3. But we are adding a ton of capacity.

JB: Maybe only 1 Gwh for Tesla Energy, but that's huge. Our Tesla energy ramp is really fast. Cell Limitation: We also do use LG and other vendors for Energy. They did shut down one cell line from Energy to Model 3 at one point.

Running into issues like needing new electricians. Are actually looking to train electricians.

Long term, energy will catch up to vehicle business.

Last edited:
This is a true story:
i have been margined 260% on $TSLA stock for several months now
out of the blue Morgan Stanley calls on my account at 10.30 AM CST today and advise me that they are raising my specific account margin requirement from 30 to 60 % effective immediately and their risk management department wants me to produce XXX in additional collateral effective immediately because they expect 30% drop in $TSLA stock after tonight's ER. i plead with them to allow me one more day before liquidating shares but they would not budge.
i therefore made the boldest trading decision of my life.
i liquidated all my $tsla stock and went all in $300 call January 2020 at 1.45 pm CST
rest is history

That is dirty. I'd consider taking my business to another brokerage.

They seem unclear on Shanghai. It said 3 years in the letter, now seemingly only 2 after all from what Musk just said. I hope they issue a clarification on this later - makes a big difference!
And they're also not yet sure when they will be breaking ground since they still have to get through several steps to get there. I think they are guessing at breaking ground in a few months. Can they go from breaking ground in, say, November, to mass producing cars within 24 months? That seems crazy fast to me.

Reactions: jhm and YasB
Well, my personal take after the call without reading anything else, or even this board, is that this was a great quarterly report and a great call. NO CAPITAL RAISES going forward. Can grow based on internal cash. That's huge. And who knows, things always change and maybe they'll figure out their battery cell constraint and grow faster...

Well, my personal take after the call without reading anything else, or even this board, is that this was a great quarterly report and a great call. NO CAPITAL RAISES going forward. Can grow based on internal cash. That's huge. And who knows, things always change and maybe they'll figure out their battery cell constraint and grow faster...

But, but it was supposed to be a horrendous ER!! WTH happened?!

What a difference this CC call was compared to Q1. I really liked the note and the call. Nice job to Elon for directly apologizing for the last call. That was a nice gesture. We are seeing legitimate execution with a focus on that execution rather than grand future plans. I think this is just what TSLA needed at this moment. If longs were sitting out in case of carnage from the Q2 ER, they should be jumping in with both feet now. I think big buyers may feel more inclined to add now as well, given the lifting of some uncertainty. Congrats longs!

Status
Not open for further replies.