Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would. We just all want to make lots of money for doing next to no work.

Yep. nailed it.

That and ..... I was planning on pulling the trigger on my Model3 when TSLA hit $500 .... which would obviously put that plan on hold.

I'd recommend that everyone relax ... taking this private would be a huge endeavor and there is a very good chance that the original number of $420 (pulled out of thin air) would change drastically. I'm not going to sweat any of this but I'll enjoy watching the shorts sweat .... this has got to be really bad news for shorts any way you slice it.

Cheers to the longs

I believe what will happen is that the stock will shoot past 420 and forcing elon to raise his buyout price.

An offer like this will bring forward all the future potential valuations and disregard any short thesis. The market will now value tesla on rainbows and unicorns.

Musk is right to do this at this time (for his benefit) , when short pessimism is highest and before tesla shows a profit.

Ah....the heart truly shows itself with you guys complaining. I never got into TSLA to become rich, I invested because of the mission. Now who's whining? ;)

I admit, I invested for both. I like the mission, and this was a major drive for investing in Tesla (I would have invested in Apple, Baidu, Amazon, Netflix instead). I also wanted to earn enough money to buy a Tesla, one day (and solar PVs and a powerwall). Tesla has been my only investment, one I committed 3 years ago, and I thought I could decide when to part from it, on my own terms. I really hope Elon knows what he's doing, but if he continues with the mission, I'll live.

Ah....the heart truly shows itself with you guys complaining. I never got into TSLA to become rich, I invested because of the mission. Now who's whining? ;)

I only invested ~$7k(now $8.4k), definitely not enough to get rich at pretty much any price, but what I could put on hold to help the mission. That said, while I'd support and vote for this proposal, I'd be sad to do so. Being long feels like I'm a part of Tesla and a part of their mission.

Reactions: immunogold
I admit, I invested for both. I like the mission, and this was a major drive for investing in Tesla (I would have invested in Apple, Baidu, Amazon, Netflix instead). I also wanted to earn enough money to buy a Tesla, one day (and solar PVs and a powerwall). Tesla has been my only investment, one I committed 3 years ago, and I thought I could decide when to part from it, on my own terms. I really hope Elon knows what he's doing, but if he continues with the mission, I'll live.
I bought my shares in 2012 right before the Model S went into mass production. It was always about the mission and if I made some extra money along the way, then great.

That is a nice plan, I was going to use my profit for another down payment on a Tesla years from now for my wife, but if it's better for the company to go private and spread sustainable energy/production at a faster rate, than so be it. The world environment is caving in on our species.

My take on the tweet (just my humble opinion):
1. Usually the premium is more like 30-50%, which as of this morning's open would be around $442-$510. $420 is too light.
2. I think Elon would have to recuse himself from the vote (but not certain about this)
3. Not all the institutional shareholders would get to participate in the private funding, for example the 401(k) backers like Fidelity. They won't agree unless they feel the price is right.
4. If the market thought this was a done deal, the price would have gone a lot closer to $420 than it did.
5. If he's serious, the fact that the stock is currently only $36x is an arbitrage opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.