Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a live interview on CNBC with a Cathie Wood, CEO of ARK Invest. Very positive on Tesla and Elon. Couldn't be knocked off message despite the talking heads multiple attempts. "But, what about the management? Aren't you concerned?" or some nonsense like that. Cathie kept dead center of her lane. Wonderful to watch, actually.

Her concern is the going private aspect, which deprives some, including her, from being able to go forward with Tesla as an investment. Her future valuation was an eye opener for some I hope, and should have given the FUDsters a shiver or three.

No links as it just happened, and I doubt CNBC would post it as it was too positive...
I did not see this, as I am at work now, but earlier this morning David Garner three major shade on the MS repot, giving TSLA a very slim chance of succeeding at privatization. He and Cramer warned viewers not to take the MS report as progress. Like they would know!!!!

Just watched a live interview on CNBC with a Cathie Wood, CEO of ARK Invest. Very positive on Tesla and Elon. Couldn't be knocked off message despite the talking heads multiple attempts. "But, what about the management? Aren't you concerned?" or some nonsense like that. Cathie kept dead center of her lane. Wonderful to watch, actually.

Her concern is the going private aspect, which deprives some, including her, from being able to go forward with Tesla as an investment. Her future valuation was an eye opener for some I hope, and should have given the FUDsters a shiver or three.

No links as it just happened, and I doubt CNBC would post it as it was too positive...
and
" Her future valuation was an eye opener for some I hope"
what was it? please

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Once again... headed back up...

250px-Six_Flags_Great_Adventure_-_Nitro_lifthill.jpg

FUD machine cranking up this morning: according to Businesses Insider who apparently for some undisclosed reason have access to Tesla's internal documents only 14% of Model 3s produced in June didn't need any rework. (No I'm not going to grant them a link)

Huh, so 86% of cars produced get a Dual Motor badge applied at the Delivery Center? :rolleyes:
(Or UMC/ phone cable added)

If you are making them better, as opposed to just faster. This article about the no-rework-needed yield rate at Fremont may be full of beans, but it does resonate with posts you read here about new owner delivery issues. And remember, those issues are found in cars that made it through final Q/A inspection.
Better and faster would be great. Just faster, while positive for the SP, not so much.
Internal documents reveal the grueling way Tesla hit its 5,000 Model 3 target
Robin

Oh yeay, Linette Lopez, the paradigm of accuracy and fairness in Tesla reporting. (/snark)

Even if you take it at face value, what exactly is the logic in comparing rework rates on a plant in scaleup to a plant in steadystate? From a profitability standpoint, Tesla currently having a high rework rate (and a high scrap rate) would be great, because it'd mean that there's that much potential ahead for reduction in costs and improvement in margins. If they already had a low rework and scrap rate, the potential for improving margins would be much more limited.

The twitter thread has a reply which says it isn't Tesla, isn't bears, isn't bulls, is some other company Munro has an agreement with.

I would bet UBS is threatening to sue Munro so that they can spin his report to suit them without a countervailing narrative with the same data -- lately UBS has been all negative with their use of the Munro teardown report.

But if a party in the go private can use UBS for some purpose that generates them a fee, they will supplicate before anyone who might butter their bread.

When investment banks are involved keep your hand on your wallet.

upload_2018-8-21_11-25-11.png

Remember when we were at $290 a few short weeks ago?
Yup, no doubt. That is why I am reluctant to react to any swing these days. Incredibly volatile. Hopefully when things get back to the fundamentals of the company, the ramp of Model 3 and profitability, it will begin to be more reliable. It's kind of funny that these points are the exact points shorts were pointing too saying they would be the downfall of the company. Now it's our strength and we are worried about what Elon is saying on Instagram. LOL!

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
Status
Not open for further replies.