Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember one useful thing bum77 said is this is the time of year car carriers are at a premium because of new year models coming out from other manufacturers. So Tesla could anticipate this as much as they wanted but most likely other manufacturers have yearly deals around this time of year for carrier capacity that Tesla simply would not. So...gotta build your own haha.

So my reading of it is that it was not anticipated, possibly because the number of owners ready to take delivery this week turned out to be much higher than expected?

If Tesla indeed delivers 9k Teslas on the west coast alone this week, that exceeds the highest volume for that region so far by a factor of ~5x.

I.e. they are surge testing delivery levels that extrapolate to a global rate of ~20k deliveries a week, or a million cars a year...

Tesla might be improvising for this end of quarter week, but Tesla is going to need these carriers to meet average delivery levels expected in 2020 - two short years away, so building them themselves makes a lot of sense.

These carriers would eventually be towed by Tesla Semi trucks, of course. The new carrier platform might also be enclosed and be smaller, to allow the "Factory To Home Direct Delivery" method Elon tested a few weeks ago.

Elon is no stranger to expanding core infrastructure in unconventional ways: SpaceX converted barges into sea going drone ship rocket landing platforms...
Tie all the Model 3 batteries together...what would that make the Tesla semi's range I wonder?

Verified account
17m17 minutes ago
Replying to @ctbarker32
Apologies, we’re upgrading our logistics system, but running into an extreme shortage of car carrier trailers. Started building our own car carriers this weekend to alleviate load.

Silly bulls and their grandeur of Model 3 demand.

Let me preview my Seeking Alpha article for you fools.

Tesla forced to build own car carriers. Existing 3P logistics quit Tesla over lack of regular work due to lack of demand, due to production issues, due to fires, due to punctured batteries, due to <random variable bear thesis generator x,y,z,a,b,c,d,e,f,g>.

"Unnamed sources says trucking families have to go hungry for 60 days due to aggressive net payment terms set by Tesla"

I/WE are short Tesla via long dated puts.

:D

Last edited:
And now this:
5) #Tesla registered 7 new European #Model3 VINs (116264-116270). 4 AWD and 3 RWD.
Model 3 VINs on Twitter
- this tweet seems more definitive than the August 31 tweet regarding apparent EU VINs.
This tweet is no more definitive than the August 31 tweet. I'm assuming that these are bound for Europe given the S/X evidence and the fact that Tesla plans to deliver there next.
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 2.55.15 PM.png

In fact in some regions it's much worse than a permanent increase in tide and storm surge levels, some cities are already almost certainly irreversibly lost to the sea today (in an irreversible process that takes 3-5 decades to play out), such as big parts of Miami and all low lying areas of Florida:

Effect-of-inundation-of-Florida-by-a-1-meter-sea-level-rise-Adapted-from-Weiss-and.png

The reason is that the Florida peninsula is a porous plateau of karst limestone, the pressure from the rising sea waters comes from below through the spongy bedrock and rises the table of groundwater, sea level rise cannot be protected against with sea walls, dikes, dams and pumping stations like for example the low lying areas in the Netherlands are protected against:

The_Netherlands_compared_to_sealevel.png

Due to Florida's unique geology I believe there's no currently known technology to save much of Florida against sea level rise caused by the CO₂ already present in the atmosphere.

The first map above is for 100 cm rise - a ~300 cm rise in 50 years, as some updated models suggest, will have approximately this effect:

10-feet-of-sea-level-rise-south-florida.jpg
Y

Tesla should plan the location of new manufacturing facilities accordingly. Shanghai looks pretty safe, for most parts.
14000 years ago the pacific was 350 feet lower than today and I could walk from Lahina to Lanai’i. People weren’t responsible for that. Nature was.

Question about this union hearing. Won't Tesla just do like every other manufacturer and run to a non-union state or Mexico if the UAW harassment continues? So typical of the unions, they won't be happy until that factory looks just like it did the last time the union was there, empty - either because they ran Tesla out of business, or they ran them to another country. Sounds like a good plan for the workers.

Question about this union hearing. Won't Tesla just do like every other manufacturer and run to a non-union state or Mexico if the UAW harassment continues? So typical of the unions, they won't be happy until that factory looks just like it did the last time the union was there, empty - either because they ran Tesla out of business, or they ran them to another country. Sounds like a good plan for the workers.
Or take a look ar the history of Longbridge ( Birmingham UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.