Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these guys on this forum?
Screenshot_2018-10-05-09-58-17-615_com.android.chrome.png

LOL

I hate to break it to you, but shorts are in no way "coordinated."

Maybe it's the longs who have been illegally manipulating the stock price? Doesn't it seem a little weird that a car company that produces 3% of GM's car output has a higher market cap?

Smells like manipulation.

---------

Seriously though, if Elon really thought the shorts have defamed him and/or Tesla...

... Then why hasn't he sued yet?

--------

LOL, ok, no more trolling.

There's just zero evidence that the shorts are conspiring. None.

Huge shorts are absolutely coordinated. I have and followed AMD, and there was a major hit with a boatload of insider trading that happened before an article was published about some fake security problem with AMD's chip that only becomes a problem if you give the key to the kingdom to a hacker. There was some crazy IV days before and no one had a clue what was going on...then the "security breach" documentation was going to be public and was given AMD less than 24 hours to respond(vs the industry standard of 6 months). Just 1 hour after the security breach documentation was out, this other huge short seller prepared a 20 page documentation about why AMD stocks should be worth zero. All this nonsense tanked the stock 10% that day. Yeah you short sellers a lot of the time are not creating any meaningful value except to pocket money for yourself.

Are these guys on this forum?
View attachment 340875
Elon has said multiple times if you don't like volatility don't buy the stock.
If you buy and hold you have lost nothing but paper losses. If your trying to leverage the stock...well sorry but I don't think He is concerned about that.

PS. Thread is currently growing faster than my reading speed...
Same with me. I spend at least 4 or 5 hours a day just skimming. I go to bed about 10:00 pm and when I get up in the morning there are 20 new pages of 20 posts each. Just on this thread.
i'm tempted to take a break of TMC until about a week before the next CC.

Spit balling:
People invest in a small index fund
Index fund turns around and lends out the shares
Index fund pockets the interest
Meanwhile, the returns on the stock are poor due to the shorting, but it's the stock price itself that is low, so the index fund looks clean.

Okay I thought that was what I got from what he said but so many people here think it was a huge deal so I thought I was missing something.

Are you on the sidelines or...

... are you not?

And why do you constantly announce your trades only after you have supposedly closed them with a profit? Why not announce them after you opened them?

On a sidenote: last year cannot have been very good if 7 days of trading in a 50 point range produced the same result.
You need to keep up. I did announce my trades earlier this week. And yes we are on the sidelines. We sold half our calls on Monday and the second half Tuesday morning when the numbers did not produce a big enough bounce.

Again, we trade options on Tesla not shares. Our gains from Friday to Monday were about 800% on the $300 Oct 5 calls. The profits on Friday by closing our long dates puts were enormous. All toll for the period from Thurs to Mon was about $440,000. Nowhere near 007's gains on Monday but we are all smiles. I made identical (but smaller) trades in my personal account. I will try to create a copy I can post for you to examine.

On the advice of counsel, I do not post trade data at the time I create a position. People could mistake this as advice and sue me if the trade goes south. I will pass on that possibility. We are a closed fund to family only so we are not trying to find clients like some Uber drivers mentioned on here.

I share data because I am a strong believer in options trading to supplement stock holdings. I think longs are missing a great opportunity by not using them. That's all. Here is the most recent scan of one of my accounts. You can clearly see these are my most recent transactions, and yes even I was tricked into buying $420 calls... :)
ETrade 10-4-18.jpg

Spit balling:
People invest in a small index fund
Index fund turns around and lends out the shares
Index fund pockets the interest
Meanwhile, the returns on the stock are poor due to the shorting, but it's the stock price itself that is low, so the index fund looks clean.
This sounds no different than one of the many revenue streams from a typical brokerage house. How is this a big deal again?

True, but ranting on twitter against the SEC and short sellers is hardly the best approach. It changes nothing other than the short term value of the stock.

I agree. Elon just needs to focus on production and deliveries right now. Things will fall into place once profits are announced during ER. Let’s get back to it Elon, take your own advice and ignore the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.